Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Worse Thing That Could've Happened This Year - Colt Brennan on IR

ceviker

Fail. On so many levels.

Feel free...to tell me where I am wrong. Tell me about the TD to Marko Mitchell...against a DB that was cut from the opposition. Feel free to tell me what he has done to deserve a roster spot...

Feel free to tell me why 31 other teams, GMs, coaches, scouts...passed on Colt....yet you / the Cult like to think that this guy will bring our franchise out of the dirt.

...lay it thick McD5. W/ your fail bull:pooh:

What's the excuse for poor excuse of a throw into double coverage...in the red zone...for a pick six...when your job is on the line...while you are being out played by an undrafted rookie.

Here it comes...

well to be fair you're comparing a 2nd year player to a rookie. a rookie who i'd imagine was playing first stringers not sure though on that one...They also invest millions in him...if you want to go that route though, chase daniel played better than colt in preseason so what? Im not attacking colt here i would love for us to give him a chance next season but at least his argument is sound whereas you bring nothing back at him.

OK, so let's compare Brennan's first preseason to Stafford's. We can compare Daniel's first preseason too.

comp% yds ypa TD INT

Brennan 67.9 411 7.8 3 0

Stafford 54.5 389 7.1 1 4

Daniel 58.3 143 6.0 3 0

I am no "cult" guy or whatever else you want to call it. I just think it's ridiculous when people try to use 3 preseason interceptions as a reason to think Brennan is awful, especially considering how well he did the year before. Countless QBs have thrown multiple INTs in a preseason, and I'm pretty sure that didn't make them all scrubs.

Calm down, Ricky...

I'm just keeping all of you Colt is God people in check. He was outplayed by an undrafted rookie...and regressed. He made crucial errors in critical moments of the game. Additionally, he did these knowing the ramifications and possibility of being removed from the franchise. If he fails to step up in a pre-season game in the second year, via a pick-six from the red zone, what makes you think he can lead us down the field 90 yards, down by 3, with a few minutes remaining...vs....say.....Philly?

Rght, Colt is God, exactly what I and everybody else said.

I am not willing to judge a player based on three bad passes in preseason. You are. That's really all there is to this discussion. Have a nice afternoon.

Botched -

As I discussed...I'm definitely playing Devil's Advocate here...

The bottom line, however, is that he REGRESSED. Furthermore, he did that when all eyes were on him...and when we were all hoping he would take the "next step". Perhaps he'll turn into talent...but right now...he looks like the reason all other franchises passed on him.

Face it, Fakeman. The entire preseason was pedestrian for all QB's and the entire offense.

You can make the argument against the position that Colt going on IR was a bad thing for the Redskins, but that is easy to do, since he can't be put on the field to see if he can do any better than the guy playing now.

You only bring up Chase Daniel as a claim that he outplayed Brennan, but you don't make the point that Chase Daniel should have been kept and should be playing now. What is your position on Jason Campbell, Todd Collins, Rod Woodson and Chase Daniel?

Face it, Fakeman. The entire preseason was pedestrian for all QB's and the entire offense.

You can make the argument against the position that Colt going on IR was a bad thing for the Redskins, but that is easy to do, since he can't be put on the field to see if he can do any better than the guy playing now.

You only bring up Chase Daniel as a claim that he outplayed Brennan, but you don't make the point that Chase Daniel should have been kept and should be playing now. What is your position on Jason Campbell, Todd Collins, Rod Woodson and Chase Daniel?

Well said Koko. The entire offensive output was inept and a prelude to what we are all witnessing now, and have been witnessing for a decade. My only objective, is to remind the Cult that he really hasn't done anything to warrant the prowess and obsession he is receiving. Chase Daniel was about the only positive source of production within our offense. Its nice to have a "project" in the waiting...but for now...Colt is just that - a project.

As far as JC17 goes...I wish him success and I truly believe that he has the talent to play in the NFL. He dropped back-to-back 330+ yard games with receivers by the name of Rece Caldwell and old-man-river Keenan McCardell. That being said, he can get it done. It has to be said, however, that something is missing. It's always something with Jason...the change in system, the O-line, leadership, missed opportunities, turnovers, etc. It just looks like it is not working out with him.

Todd Collins is a back-up which can provide veteran leadership, guidance, and support. Todd's not getting us to the 'bowl anytime soon, but I am happy to have him come in when our starter goes down. His efforts in the playoff run were valiant...but he couldn't get us past Seattle.

I hate that management went after Cutler and Sanchez...but I almost wish they made that move so we actually have some confidence @ the QB spot...something we've all missed for too long.

Thank you , Mr. Fakeman.

I am going to play the devil's devil's advocate. Colt Brennan will lead the Skins to the Super Bowl! There is hope for the future. I understand that he is attending meetings of both the offense and defense. I understand that he is working out at Redskins park a lot. This is a year that will bring growth and strength to Colt, and that is good for the Redskins.

He will have the opportunity to prove himself in 2010!

But, this is 2009, so enough of that.

Botched -

As I discussed...I'm definitely playing Devil's Advocate here...

The bottom line, however, is that he REGRESSED. Furthermore, he did that when all eyes were on him...and when we were all hoping he would take the "next step". Perhaps he'll turn into talent...but right now...he looks like the reason all other franchises passed on him.

Regressed, Zorn said Brennan has come a long way, improved a great deal.... I like the kid because of what I think he can become, but it seems like too many people expected too much too soon. Even June Jones said Colt needed a couple of years of good pro coaching before he could make his move in the NFL. People saying he should start the season as the #1 were jumping the gun, he was not ready.

Brennan is a talent, one that we need to develope..... By the way , the God thing was weak.

He was outplayed by an undrafted rookie...and regressed. He made crucial errors in critical moments of the game. Additionally, he did these knowing the ramifications and possibility of being removed from the franchise. If he fails to step up in a pre-season game in the second year, via a pick-six from the red zone, what makes you think he can lead us down the field 90 yards, down by 3, with a few minutes remaining...vs....say.....Philly?

Come on now, let's stop the Campbell bashing. Oh, what? You're not talking about Campbell the last eight weeks? You're talking about Colt? Sorry, my bad.

OK, so let's compare Brennan's first preseason to Stafford's. We can compare Daniel's first preseason too.

comp% yds ypa TD INT

Brennan 67.9 411 7.8 3 0

Stafford 54.5 389 7.1 1 4

Daniel 58.3 143 6.0 3 0

I am no "cult" guy or whatever else you want to call it. I just think it's ridiculous when people try to use 3 preseason interceptions as a reason to think Brennan is awful, especially considering how well he did the year before. Countless QBs have thrown multiple INTs in a preseason, and I'm pretty sure that didn't make them all scrubs.

i dont get why you are trying to counter-argue with me considering you proved my point? -mostly trying to say that all this talk is irrelevant however mostly pointing out your argument for the lions not cutting stafford was pointless..

Again...

Colt isn't any of the aforementioned. He had his chance to play with a mix of starters and second string...and failed miserably. He's a "project"...and has "potential"...and "might" do "something".

He failed to beat out Collins...he basically threw a pick in every pre-season game...and in most of those games...made a crucial error at the worst moment (RED ZONE).

It is what it is...keep arguing what he "might" do under "other" circumstances...or what he is "capable" of doing....

He sucks. I'm sorry your allegiance leads nowhere...but Canada / Europe.

Dude, I mentioned Warner and Romo sits to pee to refute someone saying he could not be successful with his throwing motion.

Failed miserably, lol.... He was not great in the pre-season but he did not suck. The first pick was not his fault, the coaches said so. The two redzone picks were mistakes he needs to correct. He did however make a lot of nice throws,the one to MM for 6 was a gem.

As for my allegiance, it is with the Redskins. I think Brennan is a talent, and the best QB on the roster.

Again, the point of the thread isn't the merits of Colt. I would feel the same way for any first, second or third year player that hasn't played in the NFL yet. Doesn't matter what round he was picked or if he was UD.

It's kind of like someone saying there are two kinds of apples. One type, you've had numerous times and has always made you sick. You know if you eat that type of apple, you're in for it bad. The other apple doesn't look too good, maybe a couple bruises on it. But reality is that you've never tried that apple before. If those are my two choices, I'm going with the second one for the glimmer of chance rather than sure failure.

That's what I thought. The Skins head south at QB and Colt is to blame.

Colt could at least learn. Campbell doesn't learn. He's reached terminal QB capacity. There's nothing new to be gained from playing him.

By the way, take a look at his nemesis Matthew Stafford at Detroit. Drafted higher than God, and paid more than Warren Buffett. Put in too early, with too many expectations. Yes, every QB needs a chance to grow.

That...and 31 teams passed on him....as did their scouts, talent evaluators, GMS, management, coaches, etc...

But hey...the Cult knows something these paid experts do not.

TF, I have no problem with fellow Skins fans throwing haterade into the Cult's Hawaiian punch....it just emboldens the Cult. Besides, ES needs a diversity of opinions. No matter what we say we know you're not buying into the Cult and no matter what you say we're going to support Colt as long as he's a Skin....

As I have asked a couple of devil advocates, what is your franchise QB solution for our team and what's your plan to bring the QB to the Skins? If your plan includes drafting a QB in the upcoming draft, who?

Maybe you know something that paid "experts" do not.

the worst thing that could happen this year is for us to go 2-5 in our first 7 games, lose all our good players on OL, for campbell to not produce, zorn to be castrated, snyderrato to run the organization into the ground, and ask a bingo announcer to call our plays.... oh, wait.... :doh:

Calm down, Ricky...

I'm just keeping all of you Colt is God people in check. He was outplayed by an undrafted rookie...and regressed. He made crucial errors in critical moments of the game. Additionally, he did these knowing the ramifications and possibility of being removed from the franchise. If he fails to step up in a pre-season game in the second year, via a pick-six from the red zone, what makes you think he can lead us down the field 90 yards, down by 3, with a few minutes remaining...vs....say.....Philly?

Qb more then anything is about reps. Colt needs to learn what he can and can't do on his own in a real game. I'd rather colt fail from trying and eventually learn then Campbell either not try or when he does and occasionally succeeds still not learn.

It's funny the people criticizing him for his PRESEASON performance and not willing to give him a chance are pretty much the same guys who have been asking people to give campbell "just a little bit longer" to come around. Most of us Colt supporters were supporters not because we thought he would be the next brady, noooo... we were supporters because we knew what campbell was along time ago.

Again, the point of the thread isn't the merits of Colt. I would feel the same way for any first, second or third year player that hasn't played in the NFL yet. Doesn't matter what round he was picked or if he was UD.

It's kind of like someone saying there are two kinds of apples. One type, you've had numerous times and has always made you sick. You know if you eat that type of apple, you're in for it bad. The other apple doesn't look too good, maybe a couple bruises on it. But reality is that you've never tried that apple before. If those are my two choices, I'm going with the second one for the glimmer of chance rather than sure failure.

It's pretty sad when you have to spell out the obvious with an apples analogy.

Archived