Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Is Dan Synder a good person?

WVUforREDSKINS

What do you think of the new site?  

63 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of the new site?

• Amazing
    • Cool
    • Could be better
    • A letdown

This poll is closed to new votes

I would never judge a man by the way he treats his close friends. Only a fool would disturb his own life by treating people with whom he has some sort of investment, be it emotional or financial, poorly.

I'm far more likely to look for how he treats those that he has no interest in pleasing at all. The waiter, the house keeper, or someone else that is entirely outside or beneath their sphere of influence. That tells you more about a man's character than how he treats his friends and family.

This is what disturbs me about Dan. You hear great things from Coach Gibbs, a man that tomorrow could tell the world Dan is a complete jerk and seriously harm the Redskins bottom line. You hear much less positive things from people with other sorts of relationships with Dan.

Coach Gibbs would never call anyone a jerk. Neither would Zorn. You left out the rest of my post that actually stated that DS might not tip a waiter an acceptable amount. That is his business. If you think he is a bad person because he doesn't speak to complete strangers regarding HIS business, then that is your opinion. We don't know him. None of us were put on this earth to judge people.

Originally Posted by Destino

This is what disturbs me about Dan. You hear great things from Coach Gibbs, a man that tomorrow could tell the world Dan is a complete jerk and seriously harm the Redskins bottom line. You hear much less positive things from people with other sorts of relationships with Dan.

I've heard stories about Gibbs. I won't repeat them because I don't believe that they are true. I afford Dan Snyder the same courtesy, even though I'm not fond of him.

If he's that bad of a person... don't ask him to baby sit your kids.

What does this have to do with football?

Are you serious? Don't you think the way someone treats other people filters down to how they run their organization? It has a LOT to do with football, because his personality (and yes, he is a HORRIBLE person) affects the FOOTBALL TEAM.

Now, if he was like JKC and stayed out of the football decisions, then this might not be the case. JKC was certainly no angel. But his off-the-field shenanigans didn't affect the team, because HE DIDN'T HAVE HIS FINGER ON THE TEAM'S THROAT 24-7-365!!

All of the stories about how Snyder treats his employees and how he runs his business can be reflected in the way the team plays. There's no loyalty, there are a lot of guys playing for themselves, there's no chemistry, there's no passion, there's TERRIBLE communication, there's NO SENSE OF FAMILY. From what I've gathered as an outside observer and listener since he bought the team, all of that STARTS AT THE TOP! The ONLY guys who speak kindly of the man are the guys who have been given boatloads of money by him.

And there's a HUGE difference between "making mistakes" from time to time in your dealings with others and making poor treatment of other people your WAY OF LIFE. The latter applies to Snyder.

Remember back in 2004 when the Giants owner died, and the team came out and destroyed us 36-0? Remember how absolutely motivated they were, how many had tears in their eyes, including the coaches? How the crowd was ravenous to win one for their BELOVED owner?

Can you EVER imagine that scenario in DC? Snyder should look at that and be sad. That should bring about his "Scrooge Transformation" moment. He is HATED among most of this fanbase, and it's not all about the team's poor performance as it is the fact that he is the MAJOR CAUSE of that poor performance and refuses to see it. Most of us have woken up. Maybe, someday, he will, too. Until then, we will all suffer this continuing humiliation as diehard fans of the Raiders of the East.

Remember back in 2004 when the Giants owner died, and the team came out and destroyed us 36-0? Remember how absolutely motivated they were, how many had tears in their eyes, including the coaches? How the crowd was ravenous to win one for their BELOVED owner?

Can you EVER imagine that scenario in DC? Snyder should look at that and be sad. That should bring about his "Scrooge Transformation" moment. He is HATED among most of this fanbase, and it's not all about the team's poor performance as it is the fact that he is the MAJOR CAUSE of that poor performance and refuses to see it. Most of us have woken up. Maybe, someday, he will, too. Until then, we will all suffer this continuing humiliation as diehard fans of the Raiders of the East.

No kidding! The only people who would cry on this team would be Portis and Haynesworth. (BTW, I think Portis should have been suspended by the team last year for talking crap about Zorn to the press...but the fact that he wasn't proves that the coaches aren't in charge here.)

Coach Gibbs would never call anyone a jerk. Neither would Zorn. You left out the rest of my post that actually stated that DS might not tip a waiter an acceptable amount. That is his business. If you think he is a bad person because he doesn't speak to complete strangers regarding HIS business, then that is your opinion. We don't know him. None of us were put on this earth to judge people.

I don't think he's a jerk because he doesn't speak to people. I think he's a jerk because of the many many reports of how he treats people. The argument that some of the stories are false is fine, but there are too many to pretend they all are. By all accounts he's great with people when he has an interest in doing so, and a total douche when he doesn't. Making a decision as to the character of a person I am considering doing business with... is my business.

This is why I have bought a single item of Redskins merchandise or attended a game this season or last.

Originally Posted by Diss

Are you serious? Don't you think the way someone treats other people filters down to how they run their organization? It has a LOT to do with football, because his personality (and yes, he is a HORRIBLE person) affects the FOOTBALL TEAM.

Next time don't start off your reply with "are you serious" and I just might read it. :chair:

If you have to ask, you obviously don't know me. :doh:

Originally Posted by Destino

This is why I have bought a single item of Redskins merchandise or attended a game this season or last.

Don't feed the Dan! ;)

I'm not sure.

I think he's a poor manager and I put that down to how he treats those in his employ. It impacts the organization and contributes to our lack of football success. I'm fed up with his meddling and want him to either cut himself off from football matters or sell the team to someone who will.

However, he does a lot of good things too, and for that he deserves credit. Does anyone remember how he behaved when ST was killed? That's just one example of behavior that indicates Daniel M. Snyder can be a good person.

Unless you know him well I think it's silly to try to make this kind of a call.

I actually think he is.

The small peaks he gives us into his personal shows that he seems dedicated to his wife and kids, he seems to have been a loving son, he is extraordinarily loyal to those in his inner circle. He has shown tremendous generosity to players and ex-players in need. The Redskins are probably in the top five in the league in regards to their involvement in charity.

There are two problems with Dan Snyder.

1. It's been ten years, and we don't know him at all. The best owners are the ones who treat their teams like some kind of public trust. They are open and accountable. Dan runs Redskins Park like the Kremlin and is secretive to the point of insanity at times. It's obvious that he is not comfortable as a public figure. But that ship has sailed.

2. In business, he seems to let pettiness infest his organization. From firing long-time employees, to telling Laverneous Coles that he will buy him a tv to the insanity with Lavar to the recent nonsense with signs and t-shirts. These are not the actions of a confident organization.

This is a great philosophy debate. What makes one a good person? I hear from europeans that americans are too quick to lump into an either or situation.

Really does it matter? The browns have a nice guy owner in Randy Lerner, he has hired football people and stayed out of the way... this does not chage the browns still suck and their fans want a new owner

So, let me get this straight:

All reports about Snyder doing good things are from reputable and reliable sources.

All reports about Snyder doing bad things are biased reports and hearsay.

Got it, thank you. :(

There is no point in debating with Bubba. Read all his post. He argued the redskins going after Cutler and Sanchez was all media rumors.

He thinks everything negative about the redskins is rumor.

Where there's smoke, there's fire. Some of the stories that get posted up on here might be true, some might not be...some might be exaggerations. But I can't imagine they're all totally 100% false and that Dan Snyder is a good dude.

First off - wow. Thanks for sharing that.

I've worked for morons who had this type of management style, and it frustrated me to no end. After I got over the annoyance and learned how to work with them, I got to find out that they were actually not evil - just incompetent and annoying. I was glad to see them go, no doubt about it. But their total fail in management did not make them bad people, just bad at their job.

There is no point in debating with Bubba. Read all his post. He argued the redskins going after Cutler and Sanchez was all media rumors.

He thinks everything negative about the redskins is rumor.

Bubba is known to be wrong on occasion, but at least he has credibility around here. You joined this site in October! What in the world do you know about a poster like Bubba?

DID YOU NOT SEE THAT I SAID IT WAS NOWHERE NEAR AS BAD??? It's to prove a point. It is to simplify it so people such as yourself could figure it out. Clearly you missed it.

Thanks - we wouldn't have got your point otherwise. :evilg:

And Danny lies, steals, and has basically vandalized a monument to this city in the Washington Redskins.

Have you ever judged Bernie Madoff? He didn't kill, but I know he's a bad person, too.

The point is THAT IF YOU KNOW ENOUGH, YES YOU CAN JUDGE WITHOUT ACTUALLY MEETING A PERSON.

So, what documented evidence (based on first-hand testimony) do you have that Snyder steals? What documented evidence exists that he has vandalized a monument to DC?

As for Madoff, we can access audit records that clearly show his guilt.

Same with Hitler, etc.

I think that's the real point - we suspect Snyder is a bad person, but we don't know enough (i.e. have enough documented evidence) to prove it.

btw - no need for the ALL CAPS - most of us can read, and can infer the emphasis in your words without the interwebz screaming. ;)

If he were a good person he wouldn't sue people who can't pay their season tickets when there was a waiting list years long. .....
lol

Dude - you're talking about two different issues.

1) Suing people - the people who were sued were premium seat holders who happily signed a muli-year contract, then tried to back out. There is no waiting list for premium seats.

2) Waiting list years long - this is for the non-premium seats. Not a single non-premium seat holder has been sued.

The following makes me wonder about how they parent.

Me too.

But of course, this will probably be refuted as a biased report even though it's in the Montgomery County court records. "The court reporter is biased against the Redskins. How dare they slander such a saint such as Mr. Snyder" the blind homers will cry.

The testimony conflicts and it seems inconclusive to me. She said/she said. Who do you believe and why?

lol

Dude - you're talking about two different issues.

1) Suing people - the people who were sued were premium seat holders who happily signed a muli-year contract, then tried to back out. There is no waiting list for premium seats.

2) Waiting list years long - this is for the non-premium seats. Not a single non-premium seat holder has been sued.

Mark the Homer, you are correct, I was venting and my rage/disappointment with Danny clouds the mind sometimes. At the end of the day though the dude is a duchebag, no way around it.

Bubba is known to be wrong on occasion, but at least he has credibility around here. You joined this site in October! What in the world do you know about a poster like Bubba?

Longevity = Credibility?

On a more general topic and not directed at polywog...

I'm amazed that people say that Snyder is a good guy because he "loves his family". Isn't that a measurement of being human, not being extraordinary? It's easy to love your family, we're hard-wired for that, it's how you treat others that are not in your family....and I think we've seen how he does in that category.

Longevity = Credibility?

On a more general topic and not directed at polywog...

I'm amazed that people say that Snyder is a good guy because he "loves his family". Isn't that a measurement of being human, not being extraordinary? It's easy to love your family, we're hard-wired for that, it's how you treat others that are not in your family....and I think we've seen how he does in that category.

85,000 posts? Yes, credibility! He Starts more interesting threads than anyone on here. Like I said, he is sometimes wrong, but some people have been on this site a couple weeks! THAT'S credibility?

85,000 posts? Yes, credibility! He Starts more interesting threads than anyone on here. Like I said, he is sometimes wrong, but some people have been on this site a couple weeks! THAT'S credibility?

Not saying that....that's my point. I think we just disagree on our idea of credibility....but that's fine.

Loved your post on Synder. Can't believe I didn't even notice that. Maybe Synder's the evil one taking away everyone's signs.

Archived