Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

David Donovan (Redskins C.O.O.) on Mike Wise Show (Merge)

loren

They own the stadium, and can throw people out whenever they want.

That's probably a little oversimplified. Sure, it's their property, but fans have paid for a right to be on that property. I don't think they have carte blanche to just kick people who've paid good money out with no good reason whatsoever. Of course, they can set the terms on which you'll be allowed to enter and remain at the stadium, but I doubt those terms include anything about T-shirts. I think there'd at least be an issue there if someone decided to sue.

Then again, it probably wouldn't be worth it, and you'd probably lose, because if there's one thing this organization can do well, it's litigate.

Okay, is the Post biased in their reporting of the Skins? Hell yes. But most of us are smart enough to know when we are being fed a load of BS from both the Post and the Skins. I really, really hope they aren't as delusional at Ashburn as this guy sounds. Yes, the Post is full of poop and they have been on a crusade to trash Danny for years. But so what. Your organization is so disfunctional at this point it isn't funny.

Wise should of asked him to explain the massive cheers for the two Jackson TD's along with the Defensive TD and the loud raucous after sacks.

:chair:

That wasn't cheering. That was the collective sound of 70,000 Redskins fans realizing they had wasted a good Monday night.

That's probably a little oversimplified. Sure, it's their property, but fans have paid for a right to be on that property. I don't think they have carte blanche to just kick people who've paid good money out with no good reason whatsoever. Of course, they can set the terms on which you'll be allowed to enter and remain at the stadium, but I doubt those terms include anything about T-shirts. I think there'd at least be an issue there if someone decided to sue.

Then again, it probably wouldn't be worth it, and you'd probably lose, because if there's one thing this organization can do well, it's litigate.

It is definitely oversimplified - with reason. The team doesn't have to, and won't, admit the reason they threw them out. A simple 'they were causing a distraction', or 'they were obviously drunk' should suffice. It's a judgment call, which would likely never be questioned in court.

Of course, they can set the terms on which you'll be allowed to enter and remain at the stadium, but I doubt those terms include anything about T-shirts.

They absolutely do have the right, just like they have the right to take down any sign they want.

2 years ago I lost my job and couldn't afford the tickets. I immediately called my representative at the Redskins and explained the situation to him and asked for a 1 season deferment of the tickets. He said no and that if I did not pay in full by April 1st or sign up for the 3 month payment plan (which includes an extra fee) I would be taken to court.

There were no phone calls to ignore, simply a point blank answer on the first phone call that I made about 3 months before the money was due. I had to empty out an IRA to pay for them that year.

Thankfully I got a job where I could pay for them the next year and this year.

Explain how that works.

Fair enough. The Post article chronicled many of the people who were sued, and all (I believe) of them were given chances to get out of the contract, or only pay a portion to get out of it.

On a side note, what is a 26 year old, and I'm assuming 24 year old at the start of the contract, doing signing a 5 year contract for 5-10k a year for Skins tickets??? Were you making six figures at 24? If you were, that's extremely impressive. If you weren't (or you were in sales and/or real estate) then you were young and foolish for buying those tickets in the first place. Unless you are making $250k+ a year, there are better things to spend your money on than "luxury seats." You can buy season tickets on craigslist for half the price in the lower level.

However; even if you were making six figures, why aren't you saving for a house? Create a savings account for these exact situations? Just curious.

Okay, is the Post biased in their reporting of the Skins? Hell yes. But most of us are smart enough to know when we are being fed a load of BS from both the Post and the Skins. I really, really hope they aren't as delusional at Ashburn as this guy sounds. Yes, the Post is full of poop and they have been on a crusade to trash Danny for years. But so what. Your organization is so disfunctional at this point it isn't funny.

Are you kidding me? On a quest to crush Danny? Biased against the Skins?

The Skins have been bad for years. What are they supposed to report? That everything looks great at 2-5?

As long as the Skins aren't discriminating against a protected class (think race, sex, and religion) in ejecting spectators, they can throw anyone else for whatever reason they want.

It is definitely oversimplified - with reason. The team doesn't have to, and won't, admit the reason they threw them out. A simple 'they were causing a distraction', or 'they were obviously drunk' should suffice. It's a judgment call, which would likely never be questioned in court.

If the security guard says to them "You have to take off that shirt or you're leaving", and there are witnesses to that effect, and witnesses who can say that the person was not drunk and was otherwise not causing a disturbance, it seems like there would be some issues of fact for a court to address.

Again, I don't think the owners of private property have absolute carte blanche to throw people out, who paid for the right to be there, for any reason whatsover that enters their heads, if those people aren't violating the terms of use.

If the security guard says to them "You have to take off that shirt or you're leaving", and there are witnesses to that effect, and witnesses who can say that the person was not drunk and was otherwise not causing a disturbance, it seems like there would be some issues of fact for a court to address.

Again, I don't think the owners of private property have absolute carte blanche to throw people out, who paid for the right to be there, for any reason whatsover that enters their heads, if those people aren't violating the terms of use.

However, I'm sure the 'terms of use' are open to much interpretation...and all of them favor the property owner.

I was in the car listening for a few minutes. Donovan actually insinuated that people at the Compost sit and think of stories to write trashing the Redskins in multiple sections of the Paper. Wise did bring up that the team was responsible for a lot of that, but all Donovan said the team was responsible for was the on-field performance.

As if Asshat Snyder hasn't worn out his welcome here or anything.

He even said that fan talk about how fed-up they were was all anecdotal at best and that opposing teams come here and question why a local paper is ripping them so much. Yeah... like the other teams in the league get treated with kid gloves in their local markets.

if that clown shoes thinks the media is bad here try New York, Boston, or Philly

However, I'm sure the 'terms of use' are open to much interpretation...and all of them favor the property owner.

Yeah, but will a court be willing to uphold an interpretation of a term of use that basically says "Yeah, you paid for the ticket and the right to go to the event, and weren't causing a disruption or a scene, but because of the shirt you were wearing you can be kicked out of the stadium"? I dunno. Maybe not if the judge is a Redskins fan.;)

I listented to the interview in the car and then in the parking lot

The thinking at Redskins Park can only be summed up as delusional

The fact that a COO goes on the radio to say the Washington Post sits around and thinks of ways to make the team look bad is absurd

You know what makes the team look bad Mr. Donovan?

2-5

A decade of mediocrity at best

Vinny Cerrato

Bad play on the field

Awful game expierence (even if the stadium itself is not your fault the experience can be so much better)

The constant catering to the high dollar fan

"drama city"

You know where drama city starts at Mr. Donovan? From your boss and his insecurities.

What a joke this team is

Fair enough. The Post article chronicled many of the people who were sued, and all (I believe) of them were given chances to get out of the contract, or only pay a portion to get out of it.

On a side note, what is a 26 year old, and I'm assuming 24 year old at the start of the contract, doing signing a 5 year contract for 5-10k a year for Skins tickets??? Were you making six figures at 24? If you were, that's extremely impressive. If you weren't (or you were in sales and/or real estate) then you were young and foolish for buying those tickets in the first place. Unless you are making $250k+ a year, there are better things to spend your money on than "luxury seats." You can buy season tickets on craigslist for half the price in the lower level.

However; even if you were making six figures, why aren't you saving for a house? Create a savings account for these exact situations? Just curious.

The same reason a 24 year old buys a $35,000 car. Young and stupid with very few bills already and very little forsight.

You gotta make mistakes to learn to avoid them.

2-5

A decade of mediocrity at best

Vinny Cerrato

Bad play on the field

Awful game expierence (even if the stadium itself is not your fault the experience can be so much better)

The constant catering to the high dollar fan

"drama city"

You know where drama city starts at Mr. Donovan? From your boss and his insecurities.

What a joke this team is

You must work for the Post.

Anyone listening to this? This guy is completely delusional. Among other things he's, of course, blaming the Post for relentlessly negative coverage.

in terms of the ticket gate scandle he's right.

i've been saying since the start that this was a witch hunt by the post. anyone who carefully reads those articles, and has any common sense, can see how they dilerbately misrepresented many of the facts. in some cases they went on for pages eluding to misinformation, to put just one line at the end of the article that was factual - something most fans missed.

I've had to correct so many people in real life because (as the Post knows) most people only read 60-70% of the article, and miss the actual facts.

case in point - with the law suits, everyone's gut reaction is 'if you have a 100+k waiting list, why are you suing fans?'

and if you honestly think that, then it shows how little you know about the situation, and how little of the article you actually read.

and then, to top it off, places like 106.7 the fan come out and give 60% of the 60% they read, and get everything wrong.

So majority of the people who comment on those situations just aren't informed, and its the Post's fault, because they set the articles up that way on purpose. They knew damn well what they were doing. Those aren't dumb people that work at the Post.

and before anyone jumps on my case, i'm not defending snyder/ceratto/donovan. I'm just attacking the witch hunt that the Post has been doing all season, and have been waiting to do for a while now. And if you can't see teh difference in that, then I'm not even giong to bother responding to you - because there is a crystal clear difference.

Archived