Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

How can we blame Vinny if Snyder hired Zorn and Gibbs drafted JC?

BurgundyBooger

While there are games to be played, there is always a chance to turn things around.

BTW, I don't know who the second guy is. If you are talking about Monty, he was on NFL rosters last year, between the Jets and the Redskins.

Right, he was on the roster but didn't play.

At some point you have to be realistic. What teams on this list have a chance this season:

Browns, Redskins, Panthers, Chiefs, Titans, Rams, Raiders, Chiefs, Lions, Bucs?

vinny had 16 draft picks in two years and two free agency periods to address the line... he used a 3rd round pick on a guy that can not work his way into a woeful line, and picked up dockery and fabini in FA...

there's no excuse for his two years of neglect...

He couldn't make chicken salad with chicken droppings.

Oher was the only O-lineman that you can argue that Vinny passed on in the draft. I think taking Orakpo, who was graded much higher, was the right move long term.

You can't judge the overall work of Vinny on Zorn/Campbell. The problem is that he, like Snyder, has no long term vision for the team. The two of them together are destroying the franchise. Anyone would fail with this team. You could have Peyton Manning and Dungee in here and they'd probably be no better than 3-3. That is due to a decade of mismanagement. It doesn't boil down to 2 individuals.

While there are games to be played, there is always a chance to turn things around.

With Thomas and Samuels gone, you have to hope for a couple of big surprises on the O-line.

I think the FO has made Zorn's very difficult job almost impossible with the Sherman Lewis move. I can't imagining any reasonable scenario where that turns out to be good management.

How about total neglect for our offensive line? Jason isn't the reason for this teams failure...anyone with any sense understands that it begins from the ground up. This team's front office at the moment is based on big deals with flashy players to try to draw fans to the stadium. Vinny would rather shell out a 100 million dollar contract than assess a real problem.

Oher was the only O-lineman that you can argue that Vinny passed on in the draft. I think taking Orakpo, who was graded much higher, was the right move long term.

You are talking about this year only.

Last year there were a couple of guards taken soon after our picks in the second round who are contributors for other teams.

Right after we picked Colt in the 6th round, I think, this guy was available.

http://www.colts.com/sub.cfm?page=bio&player_id=504

I haven't looked that much at this year yet.

I don't disagree with all the moves made, but sometimes the big picture of the draft has to be looked at, and not just look at individual picks and say "ok this pick was good." There has to be a vision of what you're building, not some raw draft board with no vision/insight. That logic would have us being awesome only long-term, until you know, there is OL available at juuuust the right spot.

We all know Snyder wants certain things. The next Brandon Lloyd or Jason Taylor that will take our draft picks, cap space or both. It's the GM's job to communicate to our owner why doing things like that is a bad idea and sign/draft/tradefor pieces we actually need like offensive line.

He needs to fully convince Snyder that the next shiny toy he covets to the detriment of the team isn't the right way to go and then choose the right way to go. Vinny seems to just give Snyder what he wants and does what he can with what he has left....with subpar results.

so in the past two years, there were no options to improve our line other than the moves we made? we were willing to give up two first round picks for chad johnson, willing to trade the world for cutler, sanchez, a second rounder for taylor, but no such deals existed for any lineman??? other teams seemed to improve their lines, but we were forced the hand dealt to us by gibbs and had no other recourse than to play it out...

what a load of bs, my friend... vinny made his assessment of the line, he thought it would hold up, he choose not to address it in FA or the draft, and he was wrong...

I blame Vinny for nothing else than being an enabler, a cover, a lackey, whatever you want to call it for Danny Snyder.

Whatever ability Vinny may have had in personnel, and judging by his destruction of the 49ers he never had much, is irrelevent because he is here only to act as cover for Danny and that is why I don't like him.

He's nothing but a mouthpiece for the owner and acts on his behalf. He has no guiding philosophy on building a team. There has not been a single coherent strategy in building this team in the 10 years they have been here.

Isn't that what we say every year as an excuse? That the BPA wasn't an lineman and that there weren't any good options? Let me explain something to you: when you have a need you address it. You find a way, you work at it, and you make damn sure you fix it. What you don't do is watch the problem worsen to the point of crisis and then shrug your shoulders and say "we took the best player available"...

Mostly b/c we HOPE that in cutting the cord with Bug Eyes, Snyder will hire someone who isn't an incompetent boob.

That and we aren't getting rid of Snyder...

Vinny's problem is that he has already established himself as inept at worse and powerless at best.

If the personnel mistakes were made by Snyder, fine, but then what is Vinny's role (besides mouthpiece and scapegoat)?

I just don't see how we are any better off with no GM and this frankly annoying, patronizing figurehead.

We need someone who has not been exposed to Snyder's ways before, who might actually standup to him or ignore his input. Even if they get the Marty treatment after a year. Why keep the status quo?

I blame Vinny for nothing else than being an enabler, a cover, a lackey, whatever you want to call it for Danny Snyder.

Whatever ability Vinny may have had in personnel, and judging by his destruction of the 49ers he never had much, is irrelevent because he is here only to act as cover for Danny and that is why I don't like him.

He's nothing but a mouthpiece for the owner and acts on his behalf. He has no guiding philosophy on building a team. There has not been a single coherent strategy in building this team in the 10 years they have been here.

ding

WTF is the organizational strategy?

As it is now, lots of spaghetti is being thrown on the wall but very little is sticking.

ding

WTF is the organizational strategy?

As it is now, lots of spaghetti is being thrown on the wall but very little is sticking.

Love what you just said, and love your signature at the bottom as well.

The Redskins are a team with NO identity and worse of all, no clue. This ultimately falls on Dans shoulders for not recognizing it sooner, if ever. However, I firmly believe everything can change when Dan excuses himself from football operations and hires a true GM to manage everything.

Until that time you will continue to see exactly what you are seeing every year. Crap.

Maybe because the players on this team didn't fit into the WCO system and Vinny and Danny decided to jump right into that system without the proper personnel, especially at the QB position.

JC is a play action type QB, who has a long wind up before releasing the ball. The WCO requires the QB to release the ball fast.

Archived