Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

We can turn this thing around !!!!!

redskinsrmylyfe

Until we (the Redskins) have no further chance of making the playoffs I will still watch every game with the hope that this is the week that we start to score points and help this D lead us on a magical run deep in to the playoffs! :eaglesuck:gaintsuck:dallasuck

i'm wit you man. i was kinda down about it for a couple of days, and didn't wanna read the paper or anything. then i picked up a paper this moring to read on the train, and i saw we are only 2 games back with 10 games left, and i felt better. then i thought "it's football season, enjoy it while it's here." i know as soon as the off season is here i'll be wishin it was football season again. if we don't turn it around, then so be it. but until we're mathematically out, i'm havin as much fun as i can.

i don't think anyone is arguing that they can't turn it around.

its just that they haven't given us any reason to think they will.

which is where all the frustration comes from. Its not just the 2-4 record, its who they lost to, and how; alongside who they beat, and how.

there's not one quality win or loss on that schedule - every game is a case of 'should have won' or 'should have won by more'.

you can't lose to the teams we lost to an expect to be a serious playoff team. and I don't think this fan base will tolerate squeeking into the playoffs again.

I think a lot of us are looking for a more upbeat thread on this board.:)

I think most of us are looking for more factual and interesting threads, not statement threads that easily could have just been a post in another thread.

This thread is in the same class with the rash of threads that were all about "fairweather fans".

Now what would have made this thread much much better is a list of a teams that have over come a 2-4 start to make the playoffs or a list of teams that over came really bad starts, to make the playoffs, maybe even list the team that had the worst starting record in history to make the playoffs.

That makes a thread interesting, just some guys statement that has no information other than whats on his mind or how he feels, is not a good thread, its clutter.

It seems the team is finally relaxing and maybe insulated from some of the stuff that's gone on today....

http://blog.redskins.com/2009/10/21/a-lighter-mood-in-the-building/

If there was one thing that was clear during open locker room and the first portion of practice today, it's that the players on the team are actually loose and ready to go. The oppressive tension and electricity that characterized Monday were gone, and ... honestly, the mood around here hasn't seemed this pleasant in more than a month.

"Its hopeful," Clinton Portis told the assembled media. "Everybody in the locker room is still showing hope. We have a tough opponent coming in this week, and we know they coming in here ready to win. We have to find a way to fight. We're going to be on prime time television Monday night. We haven't done good really this season; here is the time to turn it around."

Jason Campbell echoed the sentiment. "Honestly," he said, "today you would have thought we were 4-2 the way we walked out the door, or 8-8 after practice this morning. I don't know what it is but guys have found that new energy, and a new relief and a new relaxation - even talking to some of the coaches. Right now, for us there is nothing to lose. You've got to relax and just play the game and coach the game the way you want to, and just go out there and have some fun. That's the only way you're going to enjoy this. You can't go out there and play the game frustrated and worry about trying to be perfect every time. That forces you to think too much and not play up to your abilities. What we have to do is get better at having fun, not worry about the mistakes, not worry about the 'boos', not worry about any of those things, but just playing football."

Everyone I talked to seemed cautiously confident in the move to Sherman Lewis as playcaller as well, saying that he seemed much more like an authoritative coach than he originally came across. "He's got this big ring," one player said, "that carries a lot of weight."

And Portis did his best to downplay the suggestion that Lewis wouldn't be familiar enough with the scheme to call running plays. "You ether run a gut, counter, stretch, toss, dive or draw," Portis said. "Those are the only runs in football. For him to be an offensive coordinator for as long as he has, he probably knows that as well. So I don't think that there will be a problem with him calling running plays."

In fact, Clinton Portis was 100% onboard the Sherman Lewis Optimism Express. "I am confident that it is going to work," he said. "Its not like we are learning a new system, we just have to go out there and execute."

I think most of us are looking for more factual and interesting threads, not statement threads that easily could have just been a post in another thread.

This makes me laugh and only because I look at some of the threads on the first page, like Redskin fans take back our team, Bring paper bag masks, Blame the trustees, etc.

This thread may get closed but there's many other threads not factual or interesting on this board.

:2cents:

This thread is in the same class with the rash of threads that were all about "fairweather fans".

Now what would have made this thread much much better is a list of a teams that have over come a 2-4 start to make the playoffs or a list of teams that over came really bad starts, to make the playoffs, maybe even list the team that had the worst starting record in history to make the playoffs.

That makes a thread interesting, just some guys statement that has no information other than whats on his mind or how he feels, is not a good thread, its clutter.

Why does peiple always post in threads they think are stupid or useless. I was only tryin to get people fired up and behind this team.I like ur idea about a list of teams that have turned a bad start around and made the playoffs but I suck on cpu and don't know how

The worst thing you can be in this league year after year is mediocre, so I not sure why anyone would want this team to finish 8-8 or 9-7 and sneak into the playoffs and a 6th seed.

Which means we'd be picking in the middle of the 1st round again and not doing anything to improve the talent on the roster.

Sometimes to get better, you have to hit rock bottom, those playoff runs under Gibbs 2.0 were exciting, but in the end, they did nothing postitive for the long term success of this organization.

I don't think this team has a chance in hell of winning 8 or 9 games, so i'm not worried about it, but a 8-8 season is the last thing this organization needs.

This makes me laugh and only because I look at some of the threads on the first page, like Redskin fans take back our team, Bring paper bag masks, Blame the trustees, etc.

This thread may get closed but there's many other threads not factual or interesting on this board.

I agree 100% percent, I think those thread are just as bad, no information, just clutter. Whether a thread is positive or negative doesnt make or break it as far as being a good or bad thread, its content that matters, and we are having way too many threads that are just flat out garbage.

The worst thing you can be in this league year after year is mediocre, so I not sure why anyone would want this team to finish 8-8 or 9-7 and sneak into the playoffs and a 6th seed.

Which means we'd be picking in the middle of the 1st round again and not doing anything to improve the talent on the roster.

Sometimes to get better, you have to hit rock bottom, those playoff runs under Gibbs 2.0 were exciting, but in the end, they did nothing postitive for the long term success of this organization.

I don't think this team has a chance in hell of winning 8 or 9 games, so i'm not worried about it, but a 8-8 season is the last thing this organization needs.

Well said!! I agree completely. Teams in the NFL have a certain "window" of opportunity to make a run at it. The colts have a few more years left out of manning and that team they built around him and eventually, just like all teams the window will close and the Colts and Manning will be an afterthought.

When were the Redskins primed to make a super bowl run with this team? My opinion was in 2006 after finishing 2005 so strongly but they went out and bought another coordinator. How did that work? 6-10.

2007 the team finished strong again and what happens? Gibbs retires and the team is BLOWN up from a coaching standpoint. The result?

2009 the team is playing poorly and they bring in yet another O coordinator to call plays? The result?

Do you see a pattern here?

My thought exactly. Thank u. People are really on their high horse around here. If people are posting on this thread then I don't see why the mods would close it.

I believe we can turn this ship around. Lets see how sherm calls plays on monday night. Who knows, this change might bring some inspiration to the skins.

Some Facts:

12 teams have the same record or less than us. Just because we dont put up huge numbers doesn't mean we can't win.

The 2000 Baltimore Ravens had 4 games where they didn't score over 6 points before week 9.Our defence may not be the 2000 ravens but they are good.There offence only avg. 20.8/pts game.

Well said!! I agree completely. Teams in the NFL have a certain "window" of opportunity to make a run at it. The colts have a few more years left out of manning and that team they built around him and eventually, just like all teams the window will close and the Colts and Manning will be an afterthought.

When were the Redskins primed to make a super bowl run with this team? My opinion was in 2006 after finishing 2005 so strongly but they went out and bought another coordinator. How did that work? 6-10.

2007 the team finished strong again and what happens? Gibbs retires and the team is BLOWN up from a coaching standpoint. The result?

2009 the team is playing poorly and they bring in yet another O coordinator to call plays? The result?

Do you see a pattern here?

Most of the elite teams in the NFL right now, at some point in the not so distant past, hit rock bottom, before they became elite.

The Colts, were dreadful, got a high pick, picked Manning, and now are a contender every year.

The Patriots, the doormat of the NFL in the 90s.

The Giants, I remember them being the one team that was worse than us, then they got Manning others via the draft.

The Falcons, got Ryan, drafted lineman to protect him, looking pretty good in ATL now.

The Saints, they were picking in the top 3 of the draft a few short years ago. They also made a very smart FA decision and got Brees.

I could keep going but the point is, these teams didn't go 8-8, 9-7, 7-9 year after year and flirt with the playoffs, where even if they made it they'd have no chance. They hit rock bottom and then turned it around.

I root for the Redskins to win every game, I can't help it, but this team does not need to finish 8-8, that would be awful for the future of this team.

Archived