Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

We can turn this thing around !!!!!

redskinsrmylyfe

Of course the players don't want change. That would mean no more cushy job. For Portis is might actually mean that he'd have to PRACTICE..SCary!! For JC it may mean a new team. For Betts it may as well. For Moss... For A LOT of players change means bye bye.

If you played on the Redskins, and were getting PAID, you wouldn't want change either.

Most of the elite teams in the NFL right now, at some point in the not so distant past, hit rock bottom, before they became elite.

The Colts, were dreadful, got a high pick, picked Manning, and now are a contender every year.

The Patriots, the doormat of the NFL in the 90s.

The Giants, I remember them being the one team that was worse than us, then they got Manning others via the draft.

The Falcons, got Ryan, drafted lineman to protect him, looking pretty good in ATL now.

The Saints, they were picking in the top 3 of the draft a few short years ago. They also made a very smart FA decision and got Brees.

I could keep going but the point is, these teams didn't go 8-8, 9-7, 7-9 year after year and flirt with the playoffs, where even if they made it they'd have no chance. They hit rock bottom and then turned it around.

I root for the Redskins to win every game, I can't help it, but this team does not need to finish 8-8, that would be awful for the future of this team.

I am with you, but saying that you hope the team finishes anything less than 10-6 around here will get you labeled right quick as not a true fan. Of course we all want the Redskins to win, but I want change. I want a real GM. I want more draft picks. I want offensive linemen. I want a real head coach.

If you say you want the skins to lose to get a better draft pick people crucify you here :)

The worst thing you can be in this league year after year is mediocre, so I not sure why anyone would want this team to finish 8-8 or 9-7 and sneak into the playoffs and a 6th seed.

Which means we'd be picking in the middle of the 1st round again and not doing anything to improve the talent on the roster.

Sometimes to get better, you have to hit rock bottom, those playoff runs under Gibbs 2.0 were exciting, but in the end, they did nothing postitive for the long term success of this organization.

I don't think this team has a chance in hell of winning 8 or 9 games, so i'm not worried about it, but a 8-8 season is the last thing this organization needs.

i don't neccessarily disagree, but some teams, like philly, have been gettin it done by trading down for more picks, some times tradin out of the first round completely. while detroit has had top ten pick after top ten pick, and have done nothin so far. it really boils down to who we bring in, whether it's high first round, or mid third round or whatever. not sayin that we'll be successful doin this, but it's not unheard of. unless we pick a sure thing (and that's no gaurantee) i would rather stock pile a bunch of mid first to 4th round picks to build out team on over the next few years. this would be a lot cheaper. all we'll do from a bunch of high first rounders is expect the world of them.

And you completely missed the point. I get that he supports whomever the coach is or in this case whomever is calling the plays. The point is he has made the statements previously and nothing has changed.

And you missed mine.

If the players can be optimistic, why can't the fans.

Gee, what are the odds?

Another new member/low post count shows up trying to convince us that everything will be alright.

This is getting increasingly suspicious.

I have had two other names on here since 05 but one wasn't a paid ip adress and T.K. Droped his band hammer on my second one. As 4 my low thread count. Its because I type like a crap. Also I never said that every thing was ok but I belive we still could turn this thing around. I know odds are againts it but its to early to give up.

I have had two other names on here since 05 but one wasn't a paid ip adress and T.K. Droped his band hammer on my second one. As 4 my low thread count. Its because I type like a crap. Also I never said that every thing was ok but I belive we still could turn this thing around. I know odds are againts it but its to early to give up.

So what you're saying is you have been banned previously and created another account to bypass that.

Hail.:point2sky

btw I think its good the team is optimistic but I do wonder if they really believe what they are saying. Did you read Portis' comments in another thread about change? It just seems like they are saying all the right things to the media but who really knows what's going on with them team.

As for fans being optimistic - HELL YEAH! That is what makes the games fun to watch every Sunday. Every week, every year. It's because you want to believe that your team will finally get over the hump and win the whole thing. I just personally don't think this team can do it with these players, these coaches, and THAT GM :)

i don't neccessarily disagree, but some teams, like philly, have been gettin it done by trading down for more picks, some times tradin out of the first round completely. while detroit has had top ten pick after top ten pick, and have done nothin so far. it really boils down to who we bring in, whether it's high first round, or mid third round or whatever. not sayin that we'll be successful doin this, but it's not unheard of. unless we pick a sure thing (and that's no gaurantee) i would rather stock pile a bunch of mid first to 4th round picks to build out team on over the next few years. this would be a lot cheaper. all we'll do from a bunch of high first rounders is expect the world of them.

You're right, just having the high picks isn't going to change the fortunes of a team, like you said, the Lions picked in the top 5 for years, didn't do them much good.

You have to have the right people in place, making decisions, to turn it around, its as simple as that.

But, even the Eagles, hit rock bottom before they turned it around. Andy Reid and McNabb pretty much came in together.

btw I think its good the team is optimistic but I do wonder if they really believe what they are saying. Did you read Portis' comments in another thread about change? It just seems like they are saying all the right things to the media but who really knows what's going on with them team.

As for fans being optimistic - HELL YEAH! That is what makes the games fun to watch every Sunday. Every week, every year. It's because you want to believe that your team will finally get over the hump and win the whole thing. I just personally don't think this team can do it with these players, these coaches, and THAT GM :)

I took the Portis quote as "get over it (me not practicing), I know my job and I need rest more than reps right now".

And I agree.

So what you're saying is you have been banned previously and created another account to bypass that.

I never broke any rules that I know of but I was arguing with T.k. A lot on a subject and may have peed him off.I have refraned from fighting with people since because I read the breaking news fourum daily its like crack to me.I made this thread to try and unite us as fans. instead of fighting with each other about every personal move why don't we let the F.O. Do its job and we do ours by cheering for this team on sundays and booing only if we lose instead of every time we have a incomplet pass

I think the best thing that could happen this week is that the defense scores the points and wins the game and the offense falls flat and we can end this charade. Let's just play the hand we were dealt for this season and hit the reset button in the offseason

You have to have the right people in place, making decisions, to turn it around, its as simple as that.

that's all it boils down to dogg. whether you have 10 first rounders or three 7th round picks, you gotta maximize on them. it's simple, but for some reason the people that matter don't realize it.

Archived