Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Favorite Skins Memory of All-Time & The Past Decade

RenegadeTK

Greatest of all time for me is definitely Riggins delivering the killer blow in the SB against Miami. I can remember that very moment watching the game with my parents just as clearly as if it was yesterday. I didn't live in the DC area growing up, though my family were huge Skins fans. That's probably why some of other exciting moments when DC went crazy over the team don't resonate quite as much for me.

In the last 10 years, nothing even remotely compares with the Monday Night Miracle. That was billed as a "Homecoming Game" for the Cowboys, and Jerry Jones brought a bunch of the ex-players back for a special celebration. I will cherish, to my dying day, the pained look on Jerry's face after the second Brunell-to-Moss TD strike. Regardless of what else happened in Brunell's time with the Skins, he will never have to buy a beer in my presence just because of that one game.

What is you favorite memory as a Skins fan of all-time, and from the past 10 years?

My favorite all-time moment in Redskins History is 11.5.06. The last seconds of the game. 19-19, Cowboys driving & Whitten catches a pass inside the 20 with, like, 3 seconds left to play. The seats emptied to the railings at FedEx, but no one moved, they all just stood there. I say "they" because I never moved. I stood right at my seat shaking my head & saying, "No way do we lose like this. No way." Cowboys fan in front of me is dancing & smiling as if the game is already over.

The field goal attempt is blocked by Troy Vincent & then recovered by none other then our beloved Sean Taylor. He starts to run one way, stops, then goes the other way, picking up a facemask penalty against Dallas in the process. He runs all the way into Dallas territory & then the 15 yards tacked on for the facemask put us JUST inside field goal range.

On the other side of the stadium, we stood not knowing what was going to happen, expecting the game to go into overtime. When Novak came onto the field, we all clutched each other in a group as if this was the end of the Super Bowl.

Novak kicks it & the ball JUST goes through, kissing the upright as it passes.

:point2sky

Pandemonium. Those stands erupted. It was the greatest moment for me I have ever experienced in Redskins history. It has everything. A HUGE home win against the hated Dallas Cowboys, game won in the last seconds, Sean Taylor.

I will always remember the 5th of November.

The Monday night miracle hands down was the most exciting, but the dallas game later that season in washington where we just ripped through them and everyone knew we were a good team and that we had a real chance at super bowl run was my favorite memory of all time. I took it for granted then but the dirt bags were doin same great work for our ground game.

Lots of good choices for all time. Green's punt return, Riggo's 4th down run in the SB, the seat cushion game, the game at RFK where the fans were chanting we want Dallas and the whole stadium was rocking, the Championship game against Dallas that we won 26-3. I really can't choose.

The last 10 years has to be lining up with 10 men on the first defensive play to honor Sean Taylor. That has to be Gregg Williams classiest move ever. That one really touched me.

2005 was great but for me personally was my first redskins game i went to wasnt really a big fan at the time i was like 11 think it was 02 the game against the panthers we were 0-5 under marty lavar had the pic 6 we won n after that i watched every game since so i guess me becoming a true redskins fan is my favorite memory

Archived