Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

"I fired the wrong guy" ---Dan Snyder

Dirk Diggler

We've heard that quote before. Snyder told Casserly years after he let him go that he should have let Norv go instead before the 2000 season.

Has Snyder already said that to Gregg Williams this season? Williams refused to accept 2 things were a given: Vinny Cerrato and Jason Campbell. And so he didn't get the job.

Discuss.

We've heard that quote before. Snyder told Casserly years after he let him go that he should have let Norv go instead before the 2000 season.

Has Snyder already said that to Gregg Williams this season? Williams refused to accept 2 things were a given: Vinny Cerrato and Jason Campbell. And so he didn't get the job.

Discuss.

I'm sure the issues with Williams were greater than just that. After the debachle that was 2006, I didn't trust Williams with the fate of the team, and I'm sure Snyder was of a similar mindset.

Also, rumor at the time was that Williams didn't really make a strong case for himself.

Gregg Williams said no to Jason Campbell? I had never heard that before.

In George Michael interview a couple week's back...He said that is the reason GW didnt get the Job. Gw wanted Collins to be the starter and Danny Boy wanted to next coach committed to JC.

In George Michael interview a couple week's back...He said that is the reason GW didnt get the Job. Gw wanted Collins to be the starter and Danny Boy wanted to next coach committed to JC.

Actually, as I recall, George Michael came right out and said that Dan and Gregg simply didn't get along with each other, and that the relationship would never work.

My interpretation of that comment is that Gregg simply refused to kiss Snyder's ***, and it cost him the job.

Yeah, I've heard that interview like 2 or 3 times and this quote is complete BS.

Whoever thinks that JC is a starting NFL QB will have their answer sooner than later.

Most of us know he is useless - and, nowhere near being an elite QB. Others will get more exposure as the season goes on to draw their own conclusion. Needless to say, in my books JC is a coach killer.

Gregg Williams, Joe Gibbs, and now Zorn.

I'm sure the issues with Williams were greater than just that. After the debachle that was 2006, I didn't trust Williams with the fate of the team, and I'm sure Snyder was of a similar mindset.

2006 was ancient history by then. GW's defense carried the team 3 out of 4 years in Washington when the offense was spinning its wheels. And it carried the team to the playoffs down the stretch in 2007 when they lost their most talented player in a generation. If a coach can get his team to perform under those circumstances, I'd say he could be trusted in any other circumstance.

Also, rumor at the time was that Williams didn't really make a strong case for himself.

The guy is prepared for everything. He blew Tom Donahoe away in his interview with Buffalo in 2001 and I have no doubt that he was uber-prepared with a plan for how he could get this team to the next level. And I'm sure that it (rightly) started with making Campbell compete for his job.

Actually, I remember him saying that he didn't get along with Snyder and Vinny.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3215121

GW quote from this article:

"Dan and I, and Vinny, had a good time during the process," said Williams. "As far as I'm concerned, everything went well. We laughed, we joked. We never had anything we disagreed on, not really. Vinny and I have gotten along very well, too."

:whoknows:

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3215121

GW quote from this article:

"Dan and I, and Vinny, had a good time during the process," said Williams. "As far as I'm concerned, everything went well. We laughed, we joked. We never had anything we disagreed on, not really. Vinny and I have gotten along very well, too."

:whoknows:

I really think Vinny wanted credit for winning because if they won with Williams, Gibbs would still get credit.

GWs D looks great, playing with a O like the Saints have.

Do you honestly think that all you need to play good defense is a good offense? Seriously? The Saints have had great offenses before this year - you know that right?

And did his defenses not play well in Washington (in 2004,5,6) and Buffalo (in 2002,3) when his offenses did their best to completely sabotage the teams? I've seen some weak anti-GW drivel on this board but this takes the cake.

2006 was ancient history by then. GW's defense carried the team 3 out of 4 years in Washington when the offense was spinning its wheels. And it carried the team to the playoffs down the stretch in 2007 when they lost their most talented player in a generation. If a coach can get his team to perform under those circumstances, I'd say he could be trusted in any other circumstance.

Yeah, if they were unimpressed with Williams' contributions but were blown away by Zorn...well, there you go.

The mistake we made was that we allowed Dan Synder to buy the team.

The other thing that screwed us was the salary cap. That's one of the primary reasons coach Gibbs left abruptly the first go around. He realized that the old way of doing business was not going to work.

The Skins never ever thought of building ground up thru the draft.

Gibbs and Bobby Beathard clashed, and Bobby was show the door. Charlie and Dan clashed and he was show the door.

Archived