Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

"I fired the wrong guy" ---Dan Snyder

Dirk Diggler

This thread has a very misleading title as Snyder never said that.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2006/12/19/AR2006121900495.html

Snyder himself admitted publicly several years later that he had even told Casserly he "fired the wrong guy" when he decided to retain Norv Turner as his coach and let Casserly go. But a triumvirate of Gibbs-Snyder-Casserly would never work, if only because team president Gibbs only came out of retirement with the promise of total control of the football operation.

Whoever thinks that JC is a starting NFL QB will have their answer sooner than later.

Most of us know he is useless - and, nowhere near being an elite QB. Others will get more exposure as the season goes on to draw their own conclusion. Needless to say, in my books JC is a coach killer.

Gregg Williams, Joe Gibbs, and now Zorn.

Then I guess every quarterback we've had since 1991 is a coach killer.

I loved it after Gibbs took over I heard one of these color comm guys during the game say that Snyder said he is learning his role as owner and coming around. It's much more simple than Snyder makes it. You hire football minds and get out of the way. That isn't something that takes years to learn. That's like a meth head saying they are learning to stay off of meth. Danny boy likes his hands in the middle of everything and nothing will make him learn not to.

He also said he made a mistake firing Marty like he did. He's learning slowly.

Only because Marty took Dan to the cleaners for the full contact amount.

I think Dan prefers that coaches quit so he doesn't have to pay them.

He got Spurrier to say the magic "I resign" words from the golf course and even though Spurrier tried to deny it and then tried to take it back, he was done, with no $$$.

I think GW is really glad that he's not a part of this mess. His life would be a whole new circle of hell if he had to contend with Snyderatto. The guy's coordinating a great defense and is a part of the team that's going to contend for the NFC title, if not the SB. Good for him.

Whoever thinks that JC is a starting NFL QB will have their answer sooner than later.

Most of us know he is useless - and, nowhere near being an elite QB. Others will get more exposure as the season goes on to draw their own conclusion. Needless to say, in my books JC is a coach killer.

You got it all wrong guy. SNYDER is the coach killer!:doh:

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2006/12/19/AR2006121900495.html

Snyder himself admitted publicly several years later that he had even told Casserly he "fired the wrong guy" when he decided to retain Norv Turner as his coach and let Casserly go. But a triumvirate of Gibbs-Snyder-Casserly would never work, if only because team president Gibbs only came out of retirement with the promise of total control of the football operation.

Gibbs never said he had total control... he worked with Vinny... er, Vinny did whatever he said.

Please... No more Charley Casserly. We should be able to do better than that.

Who says??? We will be lucky to get anybody with Snyder trying to control him. Anything is better than what we have now and that's Dan Snyder as GM.

and his blanket Vinny Cerrato :eaglesuck

I'm glad GW didn't get the job and we tried to find a young new guy, regardless of the poor turnout.

GWs D looks great, playing with a O like the Saints have.

I agree, GW's defense is looking good because of the numbers the Saints put up. No way the Redskins when yesterdays game against the Giants.

What I thought was funny was the announcers yesterday in NO talking about the pressure GW likes to bring. What? What ****ing pressure? The infamous bend but don't break. :doh:

I agree, GW's defense is looking good because of the numbers the Saints put up. No way the Redskins when yesterdays game against the Giants.

What I thought was funny was the announcers yesterday in NO talking about the pressure GW likes to bring. What? What ****ing pressure? The infamous bend but don't break. :doh:

Right, because the Saints defense looked SO good the last couple years with their offense put up big numbers.

Can ya put Vinny on that list too please?

I also heard that nobody gets along with Danny and Vinny thats why no one wants to come to Washington....

Seriously. No one likes Danny and Vinny except for maybe Danny and Vinny. And maybe Tom Cruise, but he doesn't count.

Errr...I guess the players who like their paychecks more than winning could like Snyder.

But when it comes to GMs/coaches, Danny's gonna have a hard time buying some one's friendship after this season. What GM/coach in their right mind would want to come in and work for him unless he (Danny) signed a contract saying he'd stay outta the way? Until then, he's gonna keep firing, and hiring, the wrong guys.

Archived