Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Idea: Rent Billboard Space To Advertise Fan Discontent (MET)

dreamtap

Perfect. That's exactly the kind of response that would get a second national follow-up story. We'd get double the exposure for the same money.

I'd bet my left jewel that Snyder would fall right into that trap. It's the kind of thing he simply can't resist because it just :poke: :poke: his Napoleon syndrome so hard that I'd imagine him trying to ignore it would be like an addict trying to ignore another hit of drugs sitting unattended on his front porch.

^^^ You nailed it bro...Exactly!

I heard from a coworker at AOL that there is a big sign on the overpass on 28 south in front of the Dulles Town Center. She didn't get a look at it long enough to tell what it said, but it was something Redskins, anti-dan. Going to see if I can get one of my agents to go and take a picture of it. I think its big.

I heard from a coworker at AOL that there is a big sign on the overpass on 28 south in front of the Dulles Town Center. She didn't get a look at it long enough to tell what it said, but it was something Redskins, anti-dan. Going to see if I can get one of my agents to go and take a picture of it. I think its big.

It said, "Snyder WTF? Fire Cerrato." It's hanging on the B&O Bikepath overpass over 28 South...at least it was there as of 7:30 this morning.

Just talked to the owner of DCMobileAds - he's not the guy that does the train stations, he only does the mobile trucks. Seems like a good medium though.

He likes the idea - basically for 4 days, if we ran it from Tuesday through Friday we'd be looking at around $1100. It's basically $200/day and $250 for the artwork, so it's probably achievable. He also had some ideas to help it go viral, i.e. make up a video montage of it driving around and post it on YouTube, etc. Put up a quick site and track signatures of people that see it and agree, etc.

So the plan would be park it out front of Redskins Park in the mornings, and then drive it around during the day. If we could get a shot of The Dan's car driving past it in the same frame, it would be money.

We would need to get fundage and artwork/copy together. The owner is a 30 year skins fan, so he's willing to work with us on it. What do people think?

Just talked to the owner of DCMobileAds - he's not the guy that does the train stations, he only does the mobile trucks. Seems like a good medium though.

He likes the idea - basically for 4 days, if we ran it from Tuesday through Friday we'd be looking at around $1100. It's basically $200/day and $250 for the artwork, so it's probably achievable. He also had some ideas to help it go viral, i.e. make up a video montage of it driving around and post it on YouTube, etc. Put up a quick site and track signatures of people that see it and agree, etc.

So the plan would be park it out front of Redskins Park in the mornings, and then drive it around during the day. If we could get a shot of The Dan's car driving past it in the same frame, it would be money.

We would need to get fundage and artwork/copy together. The owner is a 30 year skins fan, so he's willing to work with us on it. What do people think?

Get in touch with Daveaki. He's getting a nonprofit together to accept money for this kind of thing.

If someone sets up a paypal account I will donate $50.00

Lets make an impact now........................

Hello fellow NFL fans,

My first post and I agree that we must take a stand now!!!

The T-shirt idea will work nicely if we can be creative with it >>>>>>

Everyone wears a “GREEN T-SHIRT” to the Monday Night game against the Eagles.

Let’s Kill two birds with one stone, Green representing Money/Danny’s greed and also the Eagles team color to piss off Danny and get the attention of the Media.

The T-shirts can read something along the lines of:

“Parking Fee $35”

“Team Payroll $129million”

“Rip off fans priceless”

- The DanVinny Card -

Not accepted anywhere by Redskin fans.

If someone sets up a paypal account I will donate $50.00

I can set that up, but let me follow up on HE's post first with daveaki. We want to have some organization around it so there is clear accounting for where all funds came in and went out as intended. The last thing I want is to have a bunch of cash lying around, not spent correctly. This needs to be transparent so no one gets ripped off, and people know in advance what will happen to extra money, as in it will be given to charity... We can give it to one of Ted Leonsis' charities, keeps it a DC thing. Doesn't he do the Military kids thing?

I'll follow up with daveaki, I'm assuming that's an extremeskins username?

I can set that up, but let me follow up on HE's post first with daveaki. We want to have some organization around it so there is clear accounting for where all funds came in and went out as intended. The last thing I want is to have a bunch of cash lying around, not spent correctly. This needs to be transparent so no one gets ripped off, and people know in advance what will happen to extra money, as in it will be given to charity... We can give it to one of Ted Leonsis' charities, keeps it a DC thing. Doesn't he do the Military kids thing?

I'll follow up with daveaki, I'm assuming that's an extremeskins username?

Just PM or add to this thread.

For everyone who pledged to donate in this thread. Donate to sellourteamdannyboy.com to get a sign on the side of ten buses for one month. SkinsHokieFan said the guy is legit, and I believe it. Just donated myself.

Indeed, also, I know this seems really spread out right now. Please report back here if you know of other petitions that are going on, and especially if money is being collected. I'm working hard on trying to collect everybody that's trying to put gears in motion, and get us all talking to one another, to make sure that we get something cohesive going, and it doesn't warp into 500 little "movements."

If we can put together a cohesive direction, and pool resources that can come in, we can use the bad will that the Dan has created with the media and take a run at this going viral to make sure we get his attention.

For everyone who pledged to donate in this thread. Donate to sellourteamdannyboy.com to get a sign on the side of ten buses for one month. SkinsHokieFan said the guy is legit, and I believe it. Just donated myself.

I'm in for donating.

What are the signs going to say? "Sell the team" and "Fire Vinny" and all that stuff is OK, but the overarching theme needs to be more of "Hire a GM and stay out of football operations!"

Indeed, also, I know this seems really spread out right now. Please report back here if you know of other petitions that are going on, and especially if money is being collected. I'm working hard on trying to collect everybody that's trying to put gears in motion, and get us all talking to one another, to make sure that we get something cohesive going, and it doesn't warp into 500 little "movements."

If we can put together a cohesive direction, and pool resources that can come in, we can use the bad will that the Dan has created with the media and take a run at this going viral to make sure we get his attention.

Are you on twitter? There are a bunch of people on twitter trying to get ideas started. @savetheskins @BoycottSnyder @FireSnyder @RegionalCeleb @Redskins_Fans @ImpeachSnyder @SnyderMustGo @SellTheTeamDan and @fanexodus

I'm in for donating.

What are the signs going to say? "Sell the team" and "Fire Vinny" and all that stuff is OK, but the overarching theme needs to be more of "Hire a GM and stay out of football operations!"

I think they'll say "Sell OUR team Danny Boy." I don't think many people really expect him to sell, but it's our strongest message to make him change.

I'm in for donating.

The ones in this, I believe would be "Sell OUR team Danny Boy"

Personally, I agree that Snyder will probably never sell (Despite my overriding anxiousness, I'm not even saying he couldn't be a good owner if he didn't throw a changeup), so I would be on the side of pushing for change/accountability. If it was up to me, I'd be rooting for something like,

"Fish stink from the head, and so does our team." with a huge picture of Snyder so he gets the point that the fans are holding him accountable this time, not someone else.

Doesn't have to be fish stink from the head per se, but some similar management clip would be nice. I'm sure someone more creative than me can come up with a better way to say it.

Archived