Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Idea: Rent Billboard Space To Advertise Fan Discontent (MET)

dreamtap

If you guys are on twitter, there's a guy organizing chants throughout the game -- he's going to tweet the chant and when to start. @snydermustgo

:hysterical: Is this our Snydermustgo?

And count me in on a financial donation for a billboard. Great idea.

The most ironic thing about this is if we put www.extremeskins.com in the corner like the Bengals did for their billboard we'd basically be giving free advertising for Snyder.

We'd have to start a new message board that isn't owned or endorsed by Redskins.com. I just let my domain run out at skinsfans.net, but I can start a new one. If anyone wants me to do this, PM me. I'm also working furiously on finding a good billboard on 95N in MD before you get to Arena Drive. It's where USAIR used to be. Let's really do this. EMAIL me at DJ_PHAZED@Yahoo.com.

We'd have to start a new message board that isn't owned or endorsed by Redskins.com. I just let my domain run out at skinsfans.net, but I can start a new one. If anyone wants me to do this, PM me. I'm also working furiously on finding a good billboard on 95N in MD before you get to Arena Drive. It's where USAIR used to be. Let's really do this. EMAIL me at DJ_PHAZED@Yahoo.com.

I think fanexodus.com and burgundyrevolution.com are doing a good job. We could ask them if they want to be involved.

First off, love the idea. However, you dummies realize the Dan Snyder owns this messageboard, right? There no way the billboard goes up before Snyder takes it down. Whatever.

My recommendation for a slogan: We Love the Washington FOOTBALL Redskins, Why Don't You?

EDIT:

A MOTHER****IN' BANNER PLANE DURING HOME GAME DAYS!!

i would 100% contribute to that if somebody set it up. mark me down for some L00T.

+ 1 more

I think fanexodus.com and burgundyrevolution.com are doing a good job. We could ask them if they want to be involved.

^^This. There's no need to start another site for this. It's best to concentrate the bile and outrage on as few sites as possible rather than diluting it.

My suggestion for a sign, "FIRE SNYDER" OR "BOYCOTT SNYDER" (Gold letters on burgundy background)

It's short, sweet, and to the point.

How about these guys driving around the city? HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

http://www.dcmobileads.com/

Want me to call?

Also, there are always guys holding "going out of business furniture sales" signs on waxpool. why can't we hire some of these guys, then call the local news? Ultimately, we need to get whatever we do on the television, hopefully picked up nationally. That's how you humiliate this jackass.

Love the idea of the billboard but if the idea is to reach the masses and get the attention of Danny Boy, take it a little farther. Organize a rally and advertise the time and location on the radio, and alert the media. At the rally have fans sign petitions, and have form letters made up that fans can mail in. Flood Danny's office with mail, in fact you could mail a letter each day @44cents. Imagine thousands of letters each day! Also have bumper stickers made up and given out with an agreed upon slogan. Sure this would be picked up by the media and even get time on pre-game.

We can definitely use the name of the team.

Not sure about the logo, but probably not -- that would seem to give the impression that the organization is endorsing it, which it obviously is not.

Don't think you need the logo or even the name of the team to get the message across.

Gold letters on a burgundy background would be clear enough. You can avoid any sort of legal entanglements that way.

Of course, Snyder would just have someone call up the company that rented the billboard and pay them 5 times their normal rental fee to have it removed. Or he'd call one of the companies biggest customers and give them some incentive to manipulate the company into taking it down.

Of course, Snyder would just have someone call up the company that rented the billboard and pay them 5 times their normal rental fee to have it removed. Or he'd call one of the companies biggest customers and give them some incentive to manipulate the company into taking it down.

Perfect. That's exactly the kind of response that would get a second national follow-up story. We'd get double the exposure for the same money.

I'd bet my left jewel that Snyder would fall right into that trap. It's the kind of thing he simply can't resist because it just :poke: :poke: his Napoleon syndrome so hard that I'd imagine him trying to ignore it would be like an addict trying to ignore another hit of drugs sitting unattended on his front porch.

How about these guys driving around the city? HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

http://www.dcmobileads.com/

Want me to call?

Also, there are always guys holding "going out of business furniture sales" signs on waxpool. why can't we hire some of these guys, then call the local news? Ultimately, we need to get whatever we do on the television, hopefully picked up nationally. That's how you humiliate this jackass.

Those people are homeless and stay in front of the bus station in Prince William County in the woods. That would be some cheap labor right there. I know this because I used to work in the admin offices at that bus terminal.

Archived