Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Hey Flowtrain... how about a little bet

Die Hard

Tom(Giants fan) already bought Tshirts last year... Also, Blazers21(a well known Eagles fan) recently made a donation for Tshirts as well. To both their credits, they have become well respected visitors here and offer some excellent balance without the flaming. Truly valuable members of the community in my opinion, despite wearing the colors of division rivals.

Of course, if they want to make the same bet for MORE tshirts, I certainly would not turn them down :)

This creates a big problem for me.

I've had a few offers for bets on this site, but I'm extremely superstitious. I bet on sports regularly but NEVER bet the Jets. In the past, I've tried to tweak this rule by betting things other than cash on the Jets, and it's always come back to bite me.

For example, I bet Pats fans in Game 1 last year and lost, causing me to have to affix a signature saying "the Pats Rule the AFC East" to all my posts on JetsInsider, until the Jets beat them in the second game. I also bet my friend that the Jets would have a better record than the Giants in 2002 and the winner got to pick the side of the Super Bowl in a $250 head-to-head bet AND tease the spread by 3 1/2 points in their favor. Giants 10-6, Jets 9-7. I've learned my lesson.

I'll mull this over until game time, but for now I'll have to decline based on my abnormal phobia (you should see me before gametime - I'm like Jack Nicholson in As Good As It Gets). I'm happy to send in a donation regardless of the outcome - it's a great site and I figure I've loitered enough on the house's tab. You can keep the shirts.

Originally posted by Flowtrain

I'll mull this over until game time, but for now I'll have to decline based on my abnormal phobia (you should see me before gametime - I'm like Jack Nicholson in As Good As It Gets). I'm happy to send in a donation regardless of the outcome - it's a great site and I figure I've loitered enough on the house's tab. You can keep the shirts.

Okay let him pass, he does want to send a donation.

I would say Flow should have to wear some crazy avator if the Jets lose, maybe coles in a skins jersey.

This creates a big problem for me.

I've had a few offers for bets on this site, but I'm extremely superstitious. I bet on sports regularly but NEVER bet the Jets.

chickens2.gif

books.jpg

2 entries found for scared.

Entry Word: scared

Function: adjective

Text: Synonyms AFRAID 1, aghast, anxious, ||ascared, fearful, frightened, scary, terrified

Related Word startled; panicked, panicky, terror-stricken

Contrasted Words emboldened, heartened, reassured; aggressive, bold

Antonyms unafraid, unscared

Y'know, the way I see it,

If respectful visitors from other teams make donations to the board, we should let them have their own avatar, provided it's not something too over the top. Seeing as how Tom put in a few bucks, I'd definitely be in favor of giving him something new. Of course, I don't pay the bills here, so this is only a suggestion. :2cents:

Originally posted by Henry

That settles it. Make Flowtrain bet even if he doesn't want to. :) If the jets win, give him a cool avatar. If they lose, give him a not-so-cool avatar.

... I'm superstitous too. :silly:

He did call Die Hard a cyber geek ;)

Flow

What a wuss. It's not like you're betting your kidneys here. Grab some sack and back your boys. You've talked a lot of noise this offseason and now this is your big chance to truly back it up. I'm not saying you have to back every little thing you say with a bet but you need at least one to really win the the respect of the board.

If you lose, you'll never hear the end of it. But if you win, o boy -just think of the possibilities...

Dirk

Dirk and Skins24,

I agree with you completely. If you knew me personally, you'd know how much more this eats me up. I bet on everything NFL-related. Aside from fantasy league and suicide pools, I have one friend that I literally bet every single non-Jets game of the season (once we hit a designated amount on the tab we pay up).

But if I took this bet and lost, I'd honestly feel like I somehow jinxed my team once again. It's illogical and irrational, but I can't help it - I'm superstitious as hell and my track record is attrocious. If I have to sacrifice respect in order to ensure that I'm not later racked with the horrible guilty feeling that I jinxed my team, that's a tradeoff I'm prepared to make. I completely understand if this is hard for some to relate to.

Trust me. I'll be here to exercise my right to gloat if the Jets win, or receive a dish of humble pie with crow on top if they lose. Whatever happens to my avatar is strictly up to the mods.

Flow

Trust me. I'll be here to exercise my right to gloat if the Jets win, or receive a dish of humble pie with crow on top if they lose. Whatever happens to my avatar is strictly up to the mods.

Flow

Okay we can all be nice to Flow now. MODS he did say you can do what you want with the avatar ;)

:2cents:

If I'm in a season-long pool picking against the points, I'll usually pick against the Eagles for most of the same reasons as Flowtrain. Of course, with the exception of the past few years, picking against the Eagles has been a good bet. :D

My rules for the Eagles:

Home favorite, >6.5 - pick the opponent (Colts last year)

Home Favorite, < 6.0 - Eagles are a safe bet nowadays.

Home 'dog - bet the Birds

Road favorite - run far, far away, as fast as possible. (ex. Titans, Giants, Jags from last year.)

Road 'dog - bet the Birds

I never established rules for the Redskins. They've been so inconsistent, that you almost have to guess, though taking the Eagles at FedEx has been safe, as has taking the 'Skins in Philly over the past few years.

I understand exactly where Flow's coming from.

I was born and raised in Las Vegas. I used to bet on the Skins. 99% of the time when I bet on them (either to win or betting the spread) they lost. I started feeling like I was jinxing them when I put money on the games.

Ever since, I refuse to wager on any skins game (the last time I bet the skins was their first loss to Dallass that started the streak, I haven't put $ on them since).

yep, i agree with flow on this one too.

like he said, it's OBVIOUS that a wager has nothing to do with how your team will play BUT you can't help it. you feel like you're jinxing them.

i do agree with an earlier post though that the wager should be set with or without his agreement....cool avatar if the jets win and crappy one if they lose. but don't worry flow, you're not betting, we are. hahaha.

:jetssuck:

Archived