Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

I'm sorry Mark Brunell!!!

SKINFAN23

By the time Gibbs picked up Brunell off the scrap heap in 2004, the guy was done.

But he was a very, very good NFL QB during most of his Jacksonville days - and even when he was here he was still much, much better than Jason Campbell has been on his best days. And that pains me to say it, as I am rooting for JC.

The way Brunell was treated here just speaks to the idiocy of the large majority of the fanbase for this team. Most of you have the owner you deserve.

Brad Johnson and Mark Brunell were the best QBs the Redskins have had since Mark Rypien.

My sentiments exactly...

Brunell WAS NOT Hurt in 2006 initially....he tore a labrum in his throwing shoulder in Week 2 that was not serious, and it would not have kept him from playing.

What hurt him and the team the most was the ridiculous 700 page playbook and Al Saunders....I always say that if we would have just kept the same offense/ playcalling from 2005, the Redskins would have went to the playoffs in 2006 too.....

My sentiments exactly...

Brunell WAS NOT Hurt in 2006 initially....he tore a labrum in his throwing shoulder in Week 2 that was not serious, and it would not have kept him from playing.

What hurt him and the team the most was the ridiculous 700 page playbook and Al Saunders....I always say that if we would have just kept the same offense/ playcalling from 2005, the Redskins would have went to the playoffs in 2006 too.....

An excellent point. If it had not been for the acquisition of Al Saunders, I could have definitely seen Washington going deep in the Playoffs in 2006.

I've noticed many people mentioning Patrick Ramsey in my thread and I agree and wish to even apologize to Mr. Ramsey as well. Patrick sorry you got dicked here in Washington.

It sad but players especially QB's come to Washington and after that their career is pretty much over. Players come here and die.

Mark Brunell was the best QB in Washington since Rypien.

Skin's fans have literally forgotten what good QB play actually looks like.

Well, let's see just why that is? Maybe because we haven't had a LEGITIMATE NFL Quarterback since Frerotte. And say what you want...he was a Pro Bowler, and was at least solid...much like the wall he bashed his head into.

Shane Matthews

Danny Wuerffel

Patrick Ramsey

Mark Boo-nell

Tony Banks

Jeff George

Jason Can't-bell

I'll leave Todd Collins off of this list for the sheer fact that he led us to the play-offs in '07. But, let's face it, it's not like he's an everyday starting QB.

Look at those names. Just look at them!! It's a joke, and our team has become a joke. It's not rocket science.

Well, let's see just why that is? Maybe because we haven't had a LEGITIMATE NFL Quarterback since Frerotte. And say what you want...he was a Pro Bowler, and was at least solid...much like the wall he bashed his head into.

Shane Matthews

Danny Wuerffel

Patrick Ramsey

Mark Boo-nell

Tony Banks

Jeff George

Jason Can't-bell

I'll leave Todd Collins off of this list for the sheer fact that he led us to the play-offs in '07. But, let's face it, it's not like he's an everyday starting QB.

Look at those names. Just look at them!! It's a joke, and our team has become a joke. It's not rocket science.

He WAS a pro-bowler....a LONG time before we ever dreamed about picking him up. He was over the hill trash by the time we got him. He was about as much of a pro-bowler as Jason Taylor was for us. I echo the sentiment that Ramsey got screwed hard by Gibbs.

Brunell still sucked - didn't you see his final start @ Philly? He was d-o-n-e.

Everybody is done at a certain point. Its called reality. Brunell and our defense gave us the 2005 season and you cant take that away. I remember how excited I was for each one of those games. Now its hard to care.

Everybody is done at a certain point. Its called reality. Brunell and our defense gave us the 2005 season and you cant take that away. I remember how excited I was for each one of those games. Now its hard to care.

Everyone forgets he got his knee ****ed up the week before against the Giants and was wearing a brace the rest of the season. Remember Ramsey had to come in and finish the Giants game? As I said earlier in the thread, I've always wondered what could've happened that season had he not got hurt. We weren't exactly far from beating Seattle, a non-gimpy Brunell might've had us in the NFCG against Carolina.

Brunell might have been better than JC, but he still wasn't very good at the point the Skins picked him up. His legs were gone at that point and that was one of his biggest assets when he was playing at a high level. He never took shots down the field and often held on to the ball too long. The OL was much better at that point in time and Portis was a better player also from less wear and tear. The talent at WR was slightly worse though IMO.

Can JC be that bad that fans are starting to think Brunell was a good QB during his tenure with the Skins?

Skin's fans have literally forgotten what good QB play actually looks like.

Then all they have to do is look at:

- Peyton Manning

- Tom Brady

- Dreu Breeze

- Jay Cutler

- Matt Ryan

- Joe Flacco

- Brett Favre

... to name a few play.

Even the rookie play of Mark Sanchez and Chad Henne is inspirational when compared to the turnip of QB playing we have.

Archived