Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

I'm sorry Mark Brunell!!!

SKINFAN23

I didn't always support MB during his time year, but the last few years have taught me that IT WAS NOT MB's fault. Thanks for a great 2005 season and a few great games in 2006.

Mark Brunell I am sorry that I blamed you....

Can JC be that bad that fans are starting to think Brunell was a good QB during his tenure with the Skins?

Skin's fans have literally forgotten what good QB play actually looks like.

Brunell still sucked - didn't you see his final start @ Philly? He was d-o-n-e.

He had similar stats to JC. Almost 200 y a game, 86Rating, 63% completions, running game stalled, no points, etc.

though they scored 30 twice and 20+ in 5 of 9 starts. It's gone way way downhill since Boonell.

Yeah Brunell played leaps and bounds better than JC....i think alot of people kind of wish he was here as a backup, because at least now they would have more depth than just Todd Collins and at least Brunell had tons of starting experience that would help us out right now if Campbell were to be benched....

We did Brunell wrong, plain and simple. Especially since the ****ty playcalling in 2006 made him look so bad....now we still see the same crap out of Campbell....which makes me blame the playcalling much more than the individual QB

He had similar stats to JC. Almost 200 y a game, 86Rating, 63% completions, running game stalled, no points, etc.

though they scored 30 twice and 20+ in 5 of 9 starts. It's gone way way downhill since Boonell.

Right - Brunell in 2005 > Brunell 2006 > Campbell now.

But when we say that 2006 Brunell was better than Campbell, that's saying a lot because Brunell was checking down to Ladell Betts with impunity; the ball did not travel in the air more than 8 yards in his last days. Campbell is clueless out there.

Right - Brunell in 2005 > Brunell 2006 > Campbell now.

But when we say that 2006 Brunell was better than Campbell, that's saying a lot because Brunell was checking down to Ladell Betts with impunity; the ball did not travel in the air more than 8 yards in his last days. Campbell is clueless out there.

Right, and we all were hating on Brunell in 06 big time and he had actually had a good year in 05 and helped get us to the playoffs but it was obvious at the end of 05 that he should have been replaced for the playoffs. Then in 06 everybody on here hated on him while he dinked and threw out of bounds, costing us games.

That's why I don't get the JC guys. Brunell was hated on 100X more than JC and JC is playing worse. Remember the Czaban questions to Brunell after a game just before he got benched? We all cheered that on. Brunell was throwing games, JC doesn't even give us a chance to be in games if our defense gives up 20+, which it still hasn't done.

Links to Czaban/Brunell

That last one was Ken Harvey asking Brunell a question that could be asked of Portis right now.

BTW, here is a Mark Brunell in college video I found, is there anything like this around for Campbell? Brunell was Brett Favreish in college, he made plays and quick decisions that changed games:

Right, and we all were hating on Brunell in 06 big time and he had actually had a good year in 05 and helped get us to the playoffs but it was obvious at the end of 05 that he should have been replaced for the playoffs. Then in 06 everybody on here hated on him while he dinked and threw out of bounds, costing us games.

That's why I don't get the JC guys. Brunell was hated on 100X more than JC and JC is playing worse. Remember the Czaban questions to Brunell after a game just before he got benched? We all cheered that on. Brunell was throwing games, JC doesn't even give us a chance to be in games if our defense gives up 20+, which it still hasn't done.

Links to Czaban/Brunell

That last one was Ken Harvey asking Brunell a question that could be asked of Portis right now.

BTW, here is a Mark Brunell in college video I found, is there anything like this around for Campbell? Brunell was Brett Favreish in college, he made plays and quick decisions that changed games:

Thank you FOR POSTING THIS Skins FTW :)

I remember this and it was an ugly moment and totally UNPROFESSIONAL.

Guys like Czaban and B Mitch call themselves "telling like it is" but I have yet to hear any criticism of Jason Campbell by BMitch ( I don't follow Czaban he's an *******). Ihave seen B Mitch throw management,Joe Gibbs,Al Saunders,Jim Zorn, the O line and the receivers under the bus week in and week out. Really B Mitch it's EVERYBODY and EVERYTHING else BUT Jason Campbell????:chair: B Mitch has called Jim Zorn playcalling and schemes out week in and week out ,but NEVER on Post Game Live or Kick Off or hell even Washington Post Live lay ANY BLAME on Greg Blache for having the db's continually giving up 35 yards of cushion. Or why the HELL he has Brian Orakpo playing LB instead of on the D line. Why he's so in love with Phillip Daniels (who was a very good player once upon a time) to the extent that he has a rookie learning 2 positions instead of having him do what he does best and that's rush the ****ing passer. Haynesworth is doing exactly what we knew he would, Andre Carter is having a great year so far. Griff and Daniels are old and hurt why can't we give the rookies Orakpo and Jarmon their spots ? Maybe we would actually have a consistent pass rush.

Brian Mitchell use to have a problem with Gregg Williams and the way he ran things but say what you will Gregg Williams is one of the best d coordinators in the league. Brian Mitchell like Czaban and LaVar Arrington has an agenda of their own. Brian Mitchell use to ***** about Gibbs coddling Portis ,but hasn't Campbell been treated with kid gloves til this off season?? Fact is Jason Campbell SUCKS. But since he(JC) and Ladell Betts and Mike Sellers are his "buddies" he gives the passes when they **** up but is quick to point the fingers at CP,Zorn, VC,DS and the 2nd year receivers.

You know, I still occasionally wonder what would've happened had Brunell not sprained his MCL in the Giants game at the end of 05. We actually had a decent bit of balance going as an offense and were making some plays before that. He didn't look like the same guy in the Philly, Tampa and Seattle games. Part of me has always wondered what could've happened in Seattle had he been healthy. We came awfully close to beating them with Brunell gimpy. Carolina wasn't exactly a great team that year (the other team in the NFCG). I've always thought that, if Brunell didn't hurt that knee against the Gmen we very well could've been in the SB. That year was our one real chance under Gibbs II.

Brunell was horrible here, he did however win us a few games but all in all IF you watched the games you KNOW he left plays on the field. He was just a shell of what he used to be when he was here, posting old college highlights doesn't prove a thing, I can dig up youtube highlights on any college QB. MOST not all but most NFL QBs did very well in college, thats a no brainer. MB was a good QB with the Jags, and he was good at times with us, but mostly he was a mediocre QB here.

I didn't always support MB during his time year, but the last few years have taught me that IT WAS NOT MB's fault. Thanks for a great 2005 season and a few great games in 2006.

Mark Brunell I am sorry that I blamed you....

Great point! I have to agree with you, and send my apologies along to Mark as well.

He may actually go far in to the playoffs with the Saints.

Archived