Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Thoughts from non Redskins Fans about our team

MumboSauce

I useds to get pissed at these kinds of thoughts. But that is because, in the "good old days", it was rare to hear this stuff. Things were run smoothly and efficiently under The Squires ownership. Since The Midget has owned this team, I've been embarrassed at the way this franchise is run, and for the most part agree with the sentiments expressed by more objective observers.

Thoughts from a Redskins fan who doesn't give a sheeeet about what some fan of another team thinks. We got it dude. Anything you can drum up as new information or that may seem fresh and insightful, we've already figured out. Tell him thanks though. Stand by until the new Sherm turns this thing around.....bwah! ha!

That's not just what other teams fans think. It's pretty much what EVERY SINGLE PERSON in football who doesn't have a rooting interest in the Skins thinks and it's also what many Skins fans are starting to realize as reality, too.

Yeah, lets not over generalize or anything! :doh:

Unfortunately, Dallas and Washington are light years behind Philly and New York.

Both are held back by power hungry owners, who by and large, when it comes to football operations, have no clue what's going on.

Unless and until Jones and Snyder change their ways and let football people run the show, things will probably never change.

Unfortunately, Dallas and Washington are light years behind Philly and New York.

Both are held back by power hungry owners, who by and large, when it comes to football operations, have no clue what's going on.

Unless and until Jones and Snyder change their ways and let football people run the show, things will probably never change.

At least your owner is closer to kicking the bucket than ours is

Most of them are fans of teams that have had less success than even us recently.

How can a 49ers fan even talk right now. Granted, they're doing well right now, but they haven't accomplished anything recently. Even we have two playoff berths and a win to our name.

Actually, a lot of the delusional fans that they were talking about care. Read ES enough and you'll find people posting about how "no else but ES members think that or say that," blah, blah, blah.

The fact is that many fans on this site have been saying how bad this team is and how bad our QB is and our FO, etc., for a long while now. However, the delusional fans inevitably show up and want to call those posters "haters" or "non-fans" or want to try and revoke fan cards.

That people who are football fanatics that are on the outside looking in on our team can see it is very telling. They aren't wearing the homer glasses. They are seeing reality. Unfortunately, the same cannot be said for some of the fans around here.

A+ sir. I've tried to get this thought to even be contemplated but in the process was ganged up on and even had privileges taken away. The problem with ES is alot of the hardcore homers that are "JC supporters" and call others out saying we have something against campbell(lol) just guys in general that drink the koolaid all day are also guys that have mod ability or thousands to tens of thousands of posts.

In my heart I want the skins to beast out and whoop carolina's ass and get the ball moving but my brain cautions me and tells me to be real. I like zorn AND campbell as people but as coach/qb of a team I do not believe in either one of them.

Has anyone else ever been bored enough to browse other teams' forums just to get a sense of how delusional they are, or to revel in their reactions to a horrible loss if you hate the team? Their fans are a window into ours--they have wildly blind optimists, sober calculating realists, fun-loving people who don't like to analyze too much, doom-saying pessimists who will never be satisfied. And various mix-and-matching of some of these types.

The Raiders' forum has threads with people actually defending JaMarcus Russell as a potentially playoff-caliber QB, saying his play is Al Davis' fault. Certainly he could be doing better with a perfect cast around him, but the guy is a among the very worst QBs with accuracy poor enough to be shocking for a starting QB. There are people defending Al Davis, nearly revering him and spinning every ridiculous move he makes into a stroke of genius.

Well, I guess my point is that even if I don't really know the Raiders very well, I at least know that they suck, their owner lost his marbles, and their QB is horrible. Other teams' fans may be able to make similar rather easy observations about us that we may think are not givens. Like Malcolm Kelly and Devin Thomas...I know I'd probably be a lot more patient before I call them busts than another fan looking in probably would. I may think I know more because they're not busts, they're just in a bad system, bad QB, bad playcalling, haven't had much of any opportunity, etc...but then again I might be as blinded as supporters of JaMarcus Russell. So I care about what other fans think insofar as it may contain more objectivity than what I think.

(I would've used Zorn or Campbell as examples, but they seem too easy)

Does anyone else find it strange that the entire football-watching world sees major problems with this organization, yet the FO seems to be completely oblivious?

They are either the dumbest people in the world or simply don't care.

No, they are simply too close to the forest to see the trees OR they spend all their time with their heads buried in the sand & refuse to accept reality.

Actually, a lot of the delusional fans that they were talking about care. Read ES enough and you'll find people posting about how "no else but ES members think that or say that," blah, blah, blah.

The fact is that many fans on this site have been saying how bad this team is and how bad our QB is and our FO, etc., for a long while now. However, the delusional fans inevitably show up and want to call those posters "haters" or "non-fans" or want to try and revoke fan cards.

That people who are football fanatics that are on the outside looking in on our team can see it is very telling. They aren't wearing the homer glasses. They are seeing reality. Unfortunately, the same cannot be said for some of the fans around here.

It's a shame, really. So many of us have been saying for years how hard it is to field a proper offense behind such an ancient O-line, or how destructive it is over the long term to just keep hiring big money free agents. But we kept getting denounced as haters. There's nothing I'd like better than to be proven wrong here, but it hasn't happened yet.

A+ sir. I've tried to get this thought to even be contemplated but in the process was ganged up on and even had privileges taken away. The problem with ES is alot of the hardcore homers that are "JC supporters" and call others out saying we have something against campbell(lol) just guys in general that drink the koolaid all day are also guys that have mod ability or thousands to tens of thousands of posts.

In my heart I want the skins to beast out and whoop carolina's ass and get the ball moving but my brain cautions me and tells me to be real. I like zorn AND campbell as people but as coach/qb of a team I do not believe in either one of them.

It's a shame, really. So many of us have been saying for years how hard it is to field a proper offense behind such an ancient O-line, or how destructive it is over the long term to just keep hiring big money free agents. But we kept getting denounced as haters. There's nothing I'd like better than to be proven wrong here, but it hasn't happened yet.

I feel like I was one of the "homers" once upon a time. I truly believed and put my faith in Gibbs 2.0. When he came back, I was as excited as a five year old on Christmas morning. But, as we all know, things didn't exactly go as planned.

Of course, I don't blame EVERYTHING on Gibbs, but even our franchise savior can't escape without some of the blame. I've just slowly, over the past few years, taken off my B&G glasses and started to come out of the delusional, comatose Redskins fan state of mind. Doing so has helped me to understand and see so much more about this franchise, and football in general, than I ever had before.

People on this site will rag on other teams, their players, their management, etc. And, most of the time they have valid points. However, many of those same people cannot look at this team and the players with the same unbiased eyes and get their panties in a bundle when someone who can starts adding posts of reality to the board.

That is why I think it is actually good to hear from time to time what people outside of the fan base and organization have to say about the team. It is the closest you can get to reality and unbiased information sometimes.

Anyone who claims that it doesn't matter what other people say are also living outside of reality. It would be one thing if we could feel that our team would prove them wrong and shut them up. But, c'mon. This team isn't going to shut anyone up anytime soon.

Who cares what other teams fans think? I mean, really.

I care a little when they appear to right, you know? I mean how much time, money, thought and emotion do you put into the Redskins? If you're like most of the people on this board, I would reckon a guess of "a lot". And that sucks. It's like going out with a worthless whore, and everyone telling you that she's worthless, you know in the back of your heart and mind that she's a dime-store tramp, but you stay with her. Because feeling bad, hurt, and confused are the only feelings that vapid ***** has left you capable of feeling.

HTTR.

I find it hard to disagree with what most of them are saying. The only one that gets me is when they call us overrated. How can we be overrated when everyone, and I do mean everyone, thinks we stink?

Mike Florio, the "expert" over at PFT (which is now owned by NBC) picked the Redskins to make it to the Super Bowl. I think he even actually predicted the Redskins would win it all.

Here are some quotes on yahoo from fans of other teams around the league. To them, apparently Redskins fans are a bunch of delusional twits that think they have talent when they really don't. I admit I usually don't care what others say but these kinda stung when this is how your team is thought of by outsiders...maybe because most of it is true.

"The Redskins are falling apart. What a terrible franchise! Too much ego, not enough heart. "

"Over-rated team for sure.

No QB - horrible OL - old over the hill RB's - Def that can't stop a 50+ year old like me. I think I could rush for A TD against these girls"

"Just because they're the SpendSkins and are a large market team doesn't make them good or worthy of half the attention they garner.... I mean, seriously redskin fans, take a step back and look at your team. While you're doing that compare your coach and running back to the other teams in the league. After you come to that harsh reality, look at the QB... what you see now out of him is what he will be his entire career. Nothing more nothing less. Is that going to lead you to the promise land? Dispute that. Please.

EVERYONE KNOWS EXCEPT BLIND REDSKIN FANS that the team is made up of mediocre players, and a very bad front office that people still continued to get hyped over. For as much attention as they get, second most overrated team in the NFL after your buddies, the Cowboys. Maybe you'll have better luck if no salary cap is in place next year...?"

"HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA, just shows all the money in the world can't get you a ring if the guy spending it is a tool. "

"who cares "

"The skins sure make me proud of the 49ers and how cheap we are to draft picks. LMAO"

"What a group of misfits. From top to bottom they are a complete laughing stock. Move over Detroit and Oakland, you got company. "

same exact things ive been hearing on 106.7...

Archived