Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Thoughts from non Redskins Fans about our team

MumboSauce

Here are some quotes on yahoo from fans of other teams around the league. To them, apparently Redskins fans are a bunch of delusional twits that think they have talent when they really don't. I admit I usually don't care what others say but these kinda stung when this is how your team is thought of by outsiders...maybe because most of it is true.

"The Redskins are falling apart. What a terrible franchise! Too much ego, not enough heart. "

"Over-rated team for sure.

No QB - horrible OL - old over the hill RB's - Def that can't stop a 50+ year old like me. I think I could rush for A TD against these girls"

"Just because they're the SpendSkins and are a large market team doesn't make them good or worthy of half the attention they garner.... I mean, seriously redskin fans, take a step back and look at your team. While you're doing that compare your coach and running back to the other teams in the league. After you come to that harsh reality, look at the QB... what you see now out of him is what he will be his entire career. Nothing more nothing less. Is that going to lead you to the promise land? Dispute that. Please.

EVERYONE KNOWS EXCEPT BLIND REDSKIN FANS that the team is made up of mediocre players, and a very bad front office that people still continued to get hyped over. For as much attention as they get, second most overrated team in the NFL after your buddies, the Cowboys. Maybe you'll have better luck if no salary cap is in place next year...?"

"HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA, just shows all the money in the world can't get you a ring if the guy spending it is a tool. "

"who cares "

"The skins sure make me proud of the 49ers and how cheap we are to draft picks. LMAO"

"What a group of misfits. From top to bottom they are a complete laughing stock. Move over Detroit and Oakland, you got company. "

Who cares what other teams fans think? I mean, really.

Actually, a lot of the delusional fans that they were talking about care. Read ES enough and you'll find people posting about how "no else but ES members think that or say that," blah, blah, blah.

The fact is that many fans on this site have been saying how bad this team is and how bad our QB is and our FO, etc., for a long while now. However, the delusional fans inevitably show up and want to call those posters "haters" or "non-fans" or want to try and revoke fan cards.

That people who are football fanatics that are on the outside looking in on our team can see it is very telling. They aren't wearing the homer glasses. They are seeing reality. Unfortunately, the same cannot be said for some of the fans around here.

I'd care what other people think about the Redskins if two things were to occur:

1- They actually understood football at all and knew about players around the league, not just from Madden ratings

2- Their own favorite team was actually made up of a legitimate FO/team, like the Colts, Ravens, Patriots, etc.

I don't care what a 49ers fan is going to tell me about how great Shaun Hill to Josh Morgan is.

Living in Florida, I have a lot of a friends who are fans of teams like the Falcons, Bucs, Dolphins, etc., outside of the NFC East. And a lot of them say the Redskins have decent talent, they're just not sure of Campbell or Zorn.

Does anyone else find it strange that the entire football-watching world sees major problems with this organization, yet the FO seems to be completely oblivious?

They are either the dumbest people in the world or simply don't care.

I heard the same things - in the 70's and 80's before, during and after the Super Bowls the Skins won, except for the FO thing. Nobody ever mentioned Beathard or Jack Kent Cooke. Their names never came up.

The comments I heard most often though had to do with how great the OLine was and how much time (insert QB here) had to throw the ball. It didn't matter if it was Joey T, Schroeder, Rypien, Williams, it was always how we didn't have that great of a QB, just a great OL that gave him all day to throw. And similar comments were made about the Skins running backs. Our running back was just average and not great like their running back was. They'd tell me time and again that if their RB had the same OL the Skns have, he'd be in the Pro Bowl.

Blah, blah, blah. It was fun to bust their chops over it. Now. all I can say is "my OL is older than your OL" and "my owner is taller than Tom Cruise."

Most of the fans that are outside of our franchise are right. We haven't won one Super Bowl doing this Daniel Snyder's way. He has brought in retreads and HOF coaches and nothing seems to solve the on the field product. The teams that are trotted in here year in and year out are more or less average. They go above .500 one year and then they are down the next. There hasn't been stability here since Gibbs I. Once he left and Cooke died that pretty much has been the indicator that we have been going down hill.

Alot of fans say "Snyder wants to win." What has he done except sign players who are overpaid or well past their prime. The last good free agent pick up we had was London Fletcher. Why was that? Look at the Free Agents that we got the year before in Arch deluxe, Brandon Lloyd and the list goes on. This owner thinks that he knows football. He may have more access than most people do to the players, but that doesn't mean that he knows how to scout and evaluate talent. Snyder just needs to sign checks and get out of the way. That would be the best thing for this team and franchise right now.

Actually, a lot of the delusional fans that they were talking about care. Read ES enough and you'll find people posting about how "no else but ES members think that or say that," blah, blah, blah.

The fact is that many fans on this site have been saying how bad this team is and how bad our QB is and our FO, etc., for a long while now. However, the delusional fans inevitably show up and want to call those posters "haters" or "non-fans" or want to try and revoke fan cards.

That people who are football fanatics that are on the outside looking in on our team can see it is very telling. They aren't wearing the homer glasses. They are seeing reality. Unfortunately, the same cannot be said for some of the fans around here.

What does that have to do about caring what OTHER team's fans think about us?

I know I don't.

**** em!

And, I apologize for not being a Chicken Little. However, I don't wear homer glasses and complain about the team. But you know what..> I still love them and always will.

Just like that relative that always gets into trouble with the law and does stupid ****. Still love em.

Who cares what other teams fans think? I mean, really.

That's not just what other teams fans think. It's pretty much what EVERY SINGLE PERSON in football who doesn't have a rooting interest in the Skins thinks and it's also what many Skins fans are starting to realize as reality, too.

These type of fans run rampant on ES. There are, however, a good number of sane people here as well.
It's not delusional to say the Redskins have talent. They easily have more talent than they're showing right now.

They barely beat the Bucs, while Buffalo crushed them 33 to 20, with Fred Jackson running for 160 yards on 28 carries, even though Buffalo has possibly the worst o-line in the NFL.

The Skins could barely beat the Rams, 9 to 7, when Seattle shut them out 28 to 0 and then San Francisco killed them 35 to nothing, with 2 defensive TDs in the process.

The Skins are talented for the most part, they're just wildly inconsistent and aren't coached well and schemed correctly.

The problem with the original idea of this thread, is that it qualifies people who probably just follow their own team and don't know anything about the Redskins outside of their own general perceptions they get from ESPN as actually having legit opinions. Even though they probably can't name more than 10 players on the Redskins.

And you'll have people who are Redskins fans but so cynical and jaded at this point that they're not going to give credit to most of our players because they'd rather take the "gloom and doom" approach to everything.

Alot of fans say "Snyder wants to win." What has he done except sign players who are overpaid or well past their prime. The last good free agent pick up we had was London Fletcher. Why was that? Look at the Free Agents that we got the year before in Arch deluxe, Brandon Lloyd and the list goes on. This owner thinks that he knows football. He may have more access than most people do to the players, but that doesn't mean that he knows how to scout and evaluate talent. Snyder just needs to sign checks and get out of the way. That would be the best thing for this team and franchise right now.

You think if he could go back to the past he would make the same mistakes? I know I don't believe so.

To say he doesn't want to win is ****ing stupid.

A lot of those FA pickups, people were all for (Minus Deion), until they tanked and blew.

Archived