Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Any of you guys heard of this new site Lockerz?

kiingspadee

Slacky and I figured this out last night:

The site has like 3 or 4 advertisements on their page...so thats like .30 or .40 cents per page view. There are about 150k members of the site - thats atleast $45,000 a day if all the members visit every day. They can easily buy all these Xbox360's and PS3's. The person who created this site is a genius.

The site has like 3 or 4 advertisements on their page...so thats like .30 or .40 cents per page view. There are about 150k members of the site - thats atleast $45,000 a day if all the members visit every day. They can easily buy all these Xbox360's and PS3's. The person who created this site is a genius.

That's genius. Let's make our own! lol

I don’t actually think that this is their business model. Plus, you don't just get 40 cents a page view. If that was the case Drudge would be making 100 million dollars a year. He makes a lot (7 figures), but not 100 million worth.

In fact, I doubt they are making much money (if any) right now. Like Twitter, most online companies have no revenue for a while until they build up an extremely large following and develop/create revenue steams. This site is financed by a media company and has investors and sponsors (like Twitter right now).

Since this is the beta site, I believe they are creating a following and then going to create revenue steams in the fall.

In their FAQ –

Too Good to Be True? Why are we doing this? To thank you for joining early. To build a Lockerz community of cool, stylish, cutting-edge people who love to buy great brands. To give you a taste of how PTZ will work when we go live this fall. And to test out different prizes and PTZ levels. That’s key. This version of PTZ Place is a test. PTZ levels will change when the full Lockerz site launches.

Lockerz is set to launch sometime in the Fall 09. Members who sign up now will get to explore and help shape the site before the launch. We hope you'll join us.

1) Seems like they are going to change the levels (after they have most people hooked, and 75% towards the big prize they want) in a few months.

2) They will develop and change the site it seems to start selling items and making it an on-line market place.

3) They will make money of ads for sure, but not 15,000,000 million a year.

The PTZ level changing is what gets me. I have a feeling you will be right. Once more and more people start using the site, it'll be alot more than 600 points for a 360 or PS3. Right now, thats only a year or 6 months of using the site. I just want to be able to get something before it gets out of hand.

Don't listen to these two guys. They are not an experienced Lockerz member. Show your support to the guy who gave them invites or helped them become members. With me you get no insults like Slacky and you get experience and wisdom unlike SOW.

When you think of getting a lockerz invite - think kiingspadee

Archived