Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

MLB Playoffs 09 Thread

Big Weirdo

I know I'm late to the party, but that "foul" call in the Yankee/Twins game makes you wonder. That ball wasn't even close to being a foul. He was looking right at the ball from a few feet away.

Is it me, but do a lot of BS calls happen for the Yanks at the right time in the playoffs?

I know I'm late to the party, but that "foul" call in the Yankee/Twins game makes you wonder. That ball wasn't even close to being a foul. He was looking right at the ball from a few feet away.

Is it me, but do a lot of BS calls happen for the Yanks at the right time in the playoffs?

Worst call in any sport on any level that I've ever seen.

Worst call in any sport on any level that I've ever seen.

I don't know, come playoff time the NBA officiating can get pretty bad.

Anyways back on topic the unlucky teams which have decided to play during college football Saturday today are the Dodgers, Cards, Phillies, and Rockies. Word was it might get a bit COLD up there in Denver today

I agree. Obvious bad call and I wonder why? It was not a hard call to make. The plate ump was particularly bad too but for both teams.

That would be the one. :doh:

I'm an O's fan like you, but last nights call was even worse. Atleast with the Jeffery Mayer "HR", from the umps vantage point, it could be hard to see if the ball was over the fence or not, but with last nights call, that ump has absolutely no excuse for missing that ball.

I'm an O's fan like you, but last nights call was even worse. Atleast with the Jeffery Mayer "HR", from the umps vantage point, it could be hard to see if the ball was over the fence or not, but with last nights call, that ump has absolutely no excuse for missing that ball.

Yes. The blown call last night was def worse as its a call the 3B umpire makes from 150 feet away with extreme accuracy. Though when it comes to affecting the game, the Maier call was worse as it took an out off the board and tied the game. Ugh.

Still a brutal call. Just awful. The ump wasn't careless; he was in position to see the play. You can see he followed the flight of the ball and simply missed it. A shame, really.

Where is Bartman?

Illinois, I'd assume.

Dodgers advance!

Three on the docket tomorrow.

LAAA @ Boston 12:07 PM

New York @Twins at 7:07 PM

Phills @ Rox 10:07 PM....PM! Ten in in the frigging evening? I pity Phillies fans who will have to stay awake till nearly 2 AM. Just pathetic, MLB. Pathetic.

Archived