Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Why Isn't Jarmon Starting?

Hubbs

Next years defense is going to look REALLY different than this years. I could easily see a starting D-Line of Orakpo, Haynesworth, a DT not currently on the roster, and Jarmon. OR! I could see us going to a 3-4 with Orakpo playing Demarcus Ware. I also think Landry would be a SICK safety in a 3-4 defense.

Those of you who think we don't have the personnel to play a 3-4 need to think again. We have 2 DE's playing OLB right now in Orakpo and Wilson. Haynesworth wouldn't like it, but he be great playing the NT.

We'll find out next year depending on who is the D-Coordinator.

Right now, though, Jarmon and Orakpo should be our bookend DE's for the next 5 years. Daniels is just keeping the seat warm and might not be starting by years end. Carter's sack totals are putrid, but he still is effective. Blache needs to put Jarmon out there as much as possible. He looks like he's hungry.

Hell yeah! And Carter has been OUTSTANDING this season! I know this post is from earlier in the month, but he has stepped it up with Big Al helping him out!

I even think Landry could be like Reed or Polamalu if we switched to the 3-4. He def has the talent.

This is the point I've been trying to make. Coaches let these players keep their positions even if there is someone better to take their spot. You can't tell me that someone would serve the Redskins better than a old, slow Daniels, who on top of that, is playing with a torn muscle. Same thing with Rock and ARE on kicks and punts.

This is the point I've been trying to make. Coaches let these players keep their positions even if there is someone better to take their spot. You can't tell me that someone would serve the Redskins better than a old, slow Daniels, who on top of that, is playing with a torn muscle. Same thing with Rock and ARE on kicks and punts.

Rock is clutch when you need a spark he will give you a nice return...Fans are ensane if they want him to play rb though:laugh:

I think this is greg blache being kind to a veteran who is probably playing his last year in the league. Since the defense is not an obvious weakness to this team I really do not have a problem with it even though it is clear Jarmon is probably the more explosive player. Besides they do a rotation anyway so I do not think daniels was out there every play on defense. I would love to see the redskins take this same philosophy on offense where we come out 4 wide 1 rb next week since it is clear that this team can not run the ball at all.

I guess, but I think we need to see what this duo can do. Not just make assumptions. This season's a loss.... Experiment.

unfortunately the coaches look at every game as a chance to win, not an experimental game..especially when their jobs are on the line. sure it would be nice and the right thing to do but it wont happen :( that's what the training camp/preseason next year will be for anyways when we have a new coach.

I agree on almost all of your points.

Mainly, the preference of mediocre veterans in key positions without at least giving the opportunity for someone with more upside a chance. If they fail badly, then give it back to the veteran, but at least see if they can compete.

Archived