Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Why Isn't Jarmon Starting?

Hubbs

The thing that amazes me about you game to game fans is this....When i said Jarmon should have been starting when the season first started ...all you fluke fans were swearing AC and PD were top 5 pass rushers.LMMFAO...In fact one dumb fan said that it was the dumbest post ever, to considered Jarmon as a starter......How many time do i have to porve these people wrong on here before the will understand i know the game...SMFH

Daniels is excellent at reading plays, but physically he's so slow he's basically only out there to occupy a blocker or two in the running game or to hold the gaps if we're blitzing around him.

He doesn't get any pressure on his own, and he looked pathetic on one play where Cadillac (I think it was Cadillac, or one of the other 2 backs Tampa was rotating in) caught a pass in the flats on a checkdown, and Daniels released from his blocker to make the play, but just got juked out of his shoes so badly he never had a chance.

He's just one dimensional at this point, and as smart as he is, we need a guy who can make plays in rushing the passer and tackling guys in the open field.

Jarmon definitely seems like a steal so far though.

Agreed. I think Daniels is good with up the gut running plays. He's strong and smart and takes up space however he has no speed to rush the passer or catch an RB in space.

Jarmon should be given more chances. I believe Jarmon isn't stout against the run yet though? 3rd downs we need Orakpo and Jarmon on the edges chasing down those QB's.

Enough of this Orakpo LB bologne. If we were a 3-4 defense (how I wish we were) then yes Orakpo as on outside LB would be fine. He could make noise like Ware IMO. But in the 3-4 he needs to be at the end.

The thing that amazes me about you game to game fans is this....When i said Jarmon should have been starting when the season first started ...all you fluke fans were swearing AC and PD were top 5 pass rushers.LMMFAO...In fact one dumb fan said that it was the dumbest post ever, to considered Jarmon as a starter......How many time do i have to porve these people wrong on here before the will understand i know the game...SMFH

What's a fluke fan?

Try some punctuation and spelling if you want to be taken more seriously.

Jarmon is not ready for 3down starting yet. He's raw and WILL get beat too often. I do agree that he should be given more chances to play however.

Show me a quote of someone saying Daniels is a top 5 pass rusher? No one, not even and Extremeskiner is crazy enough to say that.

Agreed. I think Daniels is good with up the gut running plays. He's strong and smart and takes up space however he has no speed to rush the passer or catch an RB in space.

Jarmon should be given more chances. I believe Jarmon isn't stout against the run yet though? 3rd downs we need Orakpo and Jarmon on the edges chasing down those QB's.

Enough of this Orakpo LB bologne. If we were a 3-4 defense (how I wish we were) then yes Orakpo as on outside LB would be fine. He could make noise like Ware IMO. But in the 3-4 he needs to be at the end.

Most of the Teams biggest Runs were up the gut...Daniels shouldn't be in the league...he should be working as a manager at Wall Mart....if or when we cut him lets see all the teams that are lining up for him:doh::doh:

What's a fluke fan?

Try some punctuation and spelling if you want to be taken more seriously.

Jarmon is not ready for 3down starting yet. He's raw and WILL get beat too often. I do agree that he should be given more chances to play however.

Show me a quote of someone saying Daniels is a top 5 pass rusher? No one, not even and Extremeskiner is crazy enough to say that.

i said Carter wouldn't get more sacks then JTaylor this season so far I am right...I said people on here would change their opinion...they have..so when i say fluke that applies to you sir.....Maybe if anything you say would come true then i would respect your opinon about the game ,but so far nothing you say makes any sense..:laugh::laugh:go hit the film room rookie

"Starting" us such an overrated term. Jarmon didn't "start" yesterday and still played enough snaps to make a difference. All the talk last week about Horton not "starting" and he still got plenty of playing time.

Substitutions, especially on the DL are so frequent that "starting" doesn't really much make a difference.

~Bang

"Starting" us such an overrated term. Jarmon didn't "start" yesterday and still played enough snaps to make a difference. All the talk last week about Horton not "starting" and he still got plenty of playing time.

Substitutions, especially on the DL are so frequent that "starting" doesn't really much make a difference.

~Bang

it will once we face a good team:laugh:

We need to get a D coordinator who can utilize our personnel. WHY DON'T WE BLITZ?? I feel like Philly's D is great, they mix it up show blitz and pull back, switch it around. I mean, I want to see our LB's flyin around the field! If Rak is at SAM, let him blow up the strong side and get at the QB with a SAM Blitz! I want pressure!!!

i said Carter wouldn't get more sacks then JTaylor this season so far I am right...I said people on here would change their opinion...they have..so when i say fluke that applies to you sir.....Maybe if anything you say would come true then i would respect your opinon about the game ,but so far nothing you say makes any sense..:laugh::laugh:go hit the film room rookie

So far huh? No point in letting the season play out right? I don't make predictions, I simply offer opinions.

Thanks for explaining what a fluke fan is.

Consider this the last reply you'll get from me because you're obviously a child incapable of actual discussion and debate. If you want to spout off about yourself and your "knowledge" go chat to the mirror.

~Bang

Love this post Bang. The truth is good.

Next years defense is going to look REALLY different than this years. I could easily see a starting D-Line of Orakpo, Haynesworth, a DT not currently on the roster, and Jarmon. OR! I could see us going to a 3-4 with Orakpo playing Demarcus Ware. I also think Landry would be a SICK safety in a 3-4 defense.

Those of you who think we don't have the personnel to play a 3-4 need to think again. We have 2 DE's playing OLB right now in Orakpo and Wilson. Haynesworth wouldn't like it, but he be great playing the NT.

We'll find out next year depending on who is the D-Coordinator.

Right now, though, Jarmon and Orakpo should be our bookend DE's for the next 5 years. Daniels is just keeping the seat warm and might not be starting by years end. Carter's sack totals are putrid, but he still is effective. Blache needs to put Jarmon out there as much as possible. He looks like he's hungry.

Next years defense is going to look REALLY different than this years. I could easily see a starting D-Line of Orakpo, Haynesworth, a DT not currently on the roster, and Jarmon. OR! I could see us going to a 3-4 with Orakpo playing Demarcus Ware. I also think Landry would be a SICK safety in a 3-4 defense.

Those of you who think we don't have the personnel to play a 3-4 need to think again. We have 2 DE's playing OLB right now in Orakpo and Wilson. Haynesworth wouldn't like it, but he be great playing the NT.

We'll find out next year depending on who is the D-Coordinator.

Right now, though, Jarmon and Orakpo should be our bookend DE's for the next 5 years. Daniels is just keeping the seat warm and might not be starting by years end. Carter's sack totals are putrid, but he still is effective. Blache needs to put Jarmon out there as much as possible. He looks like he's hungry.

not if Blache is the coach:doh:

it will once we face a good team:laugh:

I'm not following what your post means in context to the absolute fact that substitutions on defensive lines are so frequent that the 'starting' term means very little.

So, for ****s and grins, lets pretend Jarmon is "starting".. which essentially means he plays first down. After that it changes based on situation, down and distance, and a dozen other factors.

So Jarmon "starts", and you think that Daniels, etc still won't get significant playing time?

Perhaps he's not starting because he hasn't shown enough in practice to say that he can be effective with a larger role. Perhaps he's still learning the basics and is more effective in a smaller role right now. Could be that his negatives can be exploited if he's left in there longer.

i know it is hard to fathom, but lots of things go on that we aren't privy to, and coaches tend to know more about their players then we do.

I love what I've seen of Jarmon, and I think based on that he's going to be a good one. And I think that he's making the most of his playing time, and that will translate into more. Good players don't stay on the bench.

~Bang

They rotate Jarmon around the line.

They use Orakpo on just about every down in every position of the line and in coverage as a LB as well.

Jarmon was on the inside of the line when the dude fumbled. I think he may have caused the fumble along with Albert's big body....

but yeah....we are starting to just rotate so it does not really matter who is officially starting. As long as they are getting playing time on the field.

• 3 weeks later...

yeah, they say he cried last week. dude could easily get comfortable, he wasn't expected to do anything until next year. everything he does this year is a bonus. the loss wasn't his fault. he has a long career ahead of him. just a bunch of reasons why he can take it lightly, but he was cryin after the loss. i can't wait to see what a full off season of nfl training will do for him.

jarmon should be starting for daniels and Orpako should be starting at the other defensive end spot. Daniels and Carter or below average but this coaching staff refuses to bench the starters with the bigger contracts, that is why this team sucks

Its fans who think just like you...that Give ES LIFE..

Nice Post:D

Carter has been making his case for keeping his job this season. Daniels has not. I don't know why he has been on this team for this long. Other than his 4 sack game against the Cowboys in 2005 I can't remember a single thing he has done in 5 seasons as a Redskin. Not one. I know he's a run stopper and he sets the edge, and yes I will admit I know he stands his ground well and puts the backers in a good position to make plays, but Jarmon can do that AND rush the passer...we also used a 3rd rounder on the kid and he's 21 years old- he is easily one of the best decisions that moron Vinny has made in all of his years here.

ONe more thing to throw out there. I am not sure Chris Wilson is a downgrade from Orakpo at LB. He has been pretty good. I wouldn't mind, at the very least having Orakpo at DE and Wilson at LB Permanently in place of Daniels.

that crossed my mind today too. granted i haven't watch hours of game film on him, but they seem to be equal in run support, and he can't be much worse in pass coverage. i think it's more of him versus daniels though. if it were orakpo and wilson playin on one side, i would run right at them and test them. maybe daniels keeps offenses honest.

that crossed my mind today too. granted i haven't watch hours of game film on him, but they seem to be equal in run support, and he can't be much worse in pass coverage. i think it's more of him versus daniels though. if it were orakpo and wilson playin on one side, i would run right at them and test them. maybe daniels keeps offenses honest.

I guess, but I think we need to see what this duo can do. Not just make assumptions. This season's a loss.... Experiment.

I guess, but I think we need to see what this duo can do. Not just make assumptions. This season's a loss.... Experiment.

This has definitely crossed my mind as well. I might make a thread about it soon. Not trying to poke fun at you, just think its a really good, and interesting idea.

Archived