Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

depth chart changes were made on defense now they need to be made on offense

chow184

WR: Moss is fine. Everybody else, BLAH. I thought that Kelly had something going on there for a bit in the Rams game, but has completely faded. Thomas is non existent. ARE had a good couple games, now he's gone. SOMEBODY has to fill that void.

I am dying to see how Marko Mitchell would fare against starting-calibur competition. Why is this coaching staff so afraid to activate him on Sundays instead of, say, Thomas or kelly? I suppose it's the "Thomas can play special teams" argument, but c'mon man--free Mitchell!

i would like them to get another right tackle.the oline was being owned in the first quater.granted as the game went on they began to get a handle but they are dang lucky to have been against an offense as bad as their own.they should have been down by 21 to 28 points.i love campbell and have been a supporter and defender but i see a guy who may very well have been doomed by his teams constant turn over and new offenses.he is still doin rookie stuff because he is not comfortable in the pocket.alot of that is the oline and some of it the fact that the wr's are not getting seperation at all.pick up either mark tauscher or pashos and and then if garcia becomes available from the eagles pick him up.he's not perfect but he knows this offense like the back of his hand,we have 1 back up qb and i don't have nearly the faith that it seems alot of you do.he can't scramble and he has a pop gun arm.he also doesn't have the luxary of knowing this offense like he did al's.campbells pressing, the defense is unsteady as well.can they do this same thing against a top rated offense"i'm not soo sure.somehow these group of guys need to find a way to become a team.thats where zorn has failed.yes we have some talent but they are not on the same page and are not working together.i am not privy to all the particulars as to what is wrong.but as i watch them on the feild .i see a team in disharmony and disjointed and not a single focused entity that they need to be to seriously compete for the trophey.the skins team of the 80' where just such a team,they played as a unit of people who were greater than the sum of their parts.the oline was soo dominate and the wr's and rb's worked as a unit soo well that the over came their qb's inconsistantcies.this team is far from that.there's no leadership or no followers,and there no identity at all.just a uniform and a paycheck.we have some guys playing very well.but not a team as a focused unit working together.i am unconvinced that this group of guys can do this.the main group has been together for 4 years and some longer and it's just not coming together.i hope snyder starts talkn to ron wolf, and asks for permission to talk to the colts and steelers gm's and ask them the guy they feel is most able to build a new team.the colts gm has built three different teams into superbowl contestants,the steelers speak for themselves,they should know someone or have a luietenat that is ready tobe a gm now and build a team.stop tryin to be th next 49er team and just be the best skins team.what do you all think of snyder getting tony dungy as team president?this man would bring charachter and class to this org. as well as the fact that he has helped build two winning franchises from the ground up.these two teams as you all know where very bad teams, and he helped build them into perinial winners.don't know if dungy would but maybe if snyder put it in the contract and promised to stay out of the player part of the team.dungy might do it,our current gm just isn't cutting it.this team is a mess.snyder knows how to sell and make money.but he hasn't a clue how to build a winning franchise.no shame in that,alot of people have been hired to do that and failed, the shame would be in continueing to try after failing so badly for soo long.time to swallow the pride mr snyder and give the keys to a person you trust and walk away towards the busines end of the team and make them the financial success that you can make them.and then let the footbal guys build you a winner.somebody else want the soap box now?

Heyer is doing a decent job.

Most QBs need 1.5 -2.5 secs to get the ball out of their hands. Jason needs a lot more than that.

Where are you getting your numbers? Most QBs need 3 seconds at least tothrow. You're taught to move around the pocket after 3.5 seconds because the protection is likely broken down behind you.

Nice try, but even Peyton and Brady need more than one second to throw any kind of pass that's not a screen.

heyer is always the guy who loses his 1-1 matchup the quickest compared to everyone else. thats a problem

heyer is also a guy who can't run block to save his life. he runs block with very little passion,and lacks a nasty attitude.

rogers has brick hands but is reliable in coverage for the most part.

I didn't see smoot on the field very much. tryon on the other hand played well.

I was most happy to see the defensive subs. It's about time. I would've even gone so far as to play Barnes for Stonehands, once he dropped that interception right in his stomach that my little 8-yr old could've caught.

And I don't know what your idea of reliable is, but he is good to give up at least one TD and 2 big plays per game. And he can thank DeAngelo for the save, because he was burnt on that play too.

On Heyer, I like the dude, but somebody needs to put some hot sauce in his milk before the game or accidentally yank the s**t out of his hair during the game.

I was most happy to see the defensive subs. It's about time. I would've even gone so far as to play Barnes for Stonehands, once he dropped that interception right in his stomach that my little 8-yr old could've caught.

And I don't know what your idea of reliable is, but he is good to give up at least one TD and 2 big plays per game. And he can thank DeAngelo for the save, because he was burnt on that play too.

On Heyer, I like the dude, but somebody needs to put some hot sauce in his milk before the game or accidentally yank the s**t out of his hair during the game.

so carlos shutting people down all year last year means nothing? carlos played well week 1 and 2, week 3 bryant johnson caught a jump ball on him,and on sunday the only 2 big throws they completed on him were off of playaction, and one of them was more on landry not being in position than rogers cpverage. rogers gave the WR the inside and landry was supposed to take the inside away. landry came in out of control a second late, and the bryant caught the ball for a decent gain. if landry's in position the throw isn't made or it's definitely not a completion and possibly an INT.

on the TD it was play action and 1-1 man followed with a perfect throw. He was also covering antonio bryant who's a pretty good WR in his own right. covering him 1-1 with playaction on his side. not good odds for any corner.

I trust carlos's coverage ability, he still has **** for hands and needs to get his eyes checked.

I wouldn't mind seeing Marko Mitchell come in for Kelly, and Alridge spell Portis to give us that real change of pace scat back.

I also wish we would have cut TE Todd Yoder instead of Robby Agnone, because I'm still not sold on Fred Davis. I have a feeling Agnone would have developed into an exceptional all around TE, and who can argue against his 6'6" frame?

I'm not sure why everyone is saying how portis is washed up. When he had any amount of blocking from the line, he always had 4+ yards gained. Its tough to be a 30 down back when, as soon as the ball is handed to you, 2 interior d-linemen are waiting for you.

Portis may be a character, and a bit outspoken, but he is by far our best running back (and probably a better pass blocker than half our O Line).

Why is Betts still getting on the field at all? He is ok at receiving but really doesn't give us anything special. When he got tackled instead of pitching the ball on the last play of the Detroit game I wanted to vomit.

Why not put in Alridge and see what he can do on those dump off passes? As far as carries, Ladell certainly shouldn't be getting any more. if you're going to take some carries from Clinton then give them to the young guys.

I'd like to see Alridge in for betts...I want marko mitchell given a chance.....I would re-sign kendall and put rinehart back on the bench....If mike williams can't play, I would look into runyan or levi jones.

on defense....move orakpo to DE...carter and daniels can rotate on the other side..start chris wilson at LB...I want Landry at strong safety....let doughty, horton, moore play 25 yards behind the line.

Are you available as the HC for the 2010 season? This is exactly what I think! You forgot to add move Moss to PR duty and Thomas to KR duty!

To me Rinehart has been a pleasant surprise. He's done okay, and he should improve as he gets game experience and gains confidence. The times I focused in on him he did well, especially on running plays. He maintains contact with his guy and gets him turned, and once he separates he's looking for someone else to hit.

So yay Rinehart. The way the Redskins were hiding him by burying him on the bench, I had real fears he was a total dud. Apparently, not so.

I wonder how Rhino would do at RT. He was a LT in college, so he may be able to do a fine job. Then maybe BMW could step in a RG.

Portis is still a top back and by far and away the best on our team. Heck, he is twice as good as any combo of backs we have.

JC, I don't know what to say. Certainly not TC15.

Portis is playing because of his blocking on pass plays. He's one of the best there is in the NFL at picking up the blitz.

With one back, why not to with 3 WR's more if we can't run the ball? Let's get Mitchell in a rotation with Randle El, Kelly and Thomas. 3 on the field all the time with only Moss staying in the entire time when he's not winded. Spread the field and see if you can't create space for Portis this way.

Defensively, we all seem to agree that Landry needs to play closer to the LOS and Rap needs to play DE more. Put Wilson in at LB.

Finally, Zorn needs to mix it up better with draws, screens etc. instead of basic running plays. Draws and screens make defensive linemen run more and it can wear them down. Our O-line isn't going to beat anyone up by running right at them.

This entire team plays like they're still in college! I'd be so frustrated as the QB of this team because there are no playmakers to help me out.I look at Eli,Rothlesburger, and Flaco and its amazing how they get help from they're running games or a big play from their defense to win games! WE NEVER HAVE THAT!

-Carlos Rogers has yet ANOTHER pick six and drops it!

-Moss only gets separation from defenders when he's running a studder go route or when he's put in motion on an intermediate crossing pattern.

-Malcom Kelly- Has no athletic ability or sense of confidence in his skills. We throw balls up to him that he should clearly get because of his size yet he has no awareness or fundamentals on how to fight for the ball and beat a defender

-Devin Thomas- Won't get his head in the game to even get in the game

-Fred Davis -doesn't know the playbook

-Randle El- Gets open but can NEVER take it the distance! He always gets tackled either before he gets started or at the 1yd line! I've never seen a receiver who gets in the open field consistently and cant take it the distance!

-Cooley - Can't Block!

-The O-Line- Can't Run Block!

And our coach doesn't have a clue on how to disguise all these flaws so that we can piece together a resounding win!

And folks this isn't sometimes this is ALL THE TIME!

Depth Chart changes??? ahh Ya think??

Portis is playing because of his blocking on pass plays. He's one of the best there is in the NFL at picking up the blitz.

With one back, why not to with 3 WR's more if we can't run the ball? Let's get Mitchell in a rotation with Randle El, Kelly and Thomas. 3 on the field all the time with only Moss staying in the entire time when he's not winded. Spread the field and see if you can't create space for Portis this way.

Defensively, we all seem to agree that Landry needs to play closer to the LOS and Rap needs to play DE more. Put Wilson in at LB.

Finally, Zorn needs to mix it up better with draws, screens etc. instead of basic running plays. Draws and screens make defensive linemen run more and it can wear them down. Our O-line isn't going to beat anyone up by running right at them.

You sound like you have some common sense friend. I really enjoyed your post because you understand that sometimes you might have to change up your concept especially if its not working! I really don't understand why Zorn and Blache won't make some drastic adjustments! We have to game plan better and stop running the same plays in hopes of executing them better. Execution will come with better scheming!

Archived