Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Rod Woodson on NFL Total Access says Bucs will beat Skins because..

The Full Monty

We should win, but what have we done that would indicate that we will or even to have a blowout? It will probably be close because of the way Zorn playcalls and the way Blache calls the game. The only thing going for us is that we get a debut of a rookie QB where Stafford had been against one of the best defensive teams the week before in the Vikings. We will win, but it will be close and probably ugly.

I think we'll get a win this week. I see us losing to Carolina though the following week.

If we lose this Sunday, there will have to be a huge shake up move, such as firing Zorn or benching Campbell.

Please dont say that. The Carolina games is going to be the only one I get to go see. Skins 34 Carolina 17......I hope

Man honestly, this will be one helluva ugly, sloppy game by 2 ugly, sloppy teams. I have no clue who will win because both teams are horrible, if I had to bet money tho I would prolly bet on the Bucs given the way we make mediocre and noname QBs look so good.

After last week, this is a scary game.

I wish the Bucs had stuck with Leftwich. I've always thought Joshua Johnson would turn out to be a good QB, and hate to see him start against Blache's D. I hope Blache keeps a spy on him, and schemes defensive plays to stop the run. A couple well-disguised blitzes would help too.

I see the offense moving between the 20's, one TD off of a turnover by the Bucs deep in their zone, and a TD off of a breakaway by Cooley. Zorn kicks FGs on 4th down this week.

The Bucs score on a turnover, one good drive and one FG.

Final Score: Skins 23-Bucs 17 :D:D:D

Was listening to Sirius nfl network radio tonight and both of the announcers (don't know the names) were saying that the Redskins will win tomorrow and will have great chances of beating Carolina & Kansas City. They were talking about how they were in Buc's camp and that the qb Josh was hardly getting any rep's in practice, and how Blache should have a field day blitzing this guy.. i'm staying out of the prediction dept. After last week I know absolutley nothing.

Anybody know how the madden simulation is picking this week? (i'd look but I don't know where that site is that people get it from)

I would have to criticize this guys opinion then, since when has Blache ever blitzed the pants off ANY QB since being here?

After last week, this is a scary game.

I wish the Bucs had stuck with Leftwich. I've always thought Joshua Johnson would turn out to be a good QB, and hate to see him start against Blache's D. I hope Blache keeps a spy on him, and schemes defensive plays to stop the run. A couple well-disguised blitzes would help too.

I see the offense moving between the 20's, one TD off of a turnover by the Bucs deep in their zone, and a TD off of a breakaway by Cooley. Zorn kicks FGs on 4th down this week.

The Bucs score on a turnover, one good drive and one FG.

Final Score: Skins 23-Bucs 17 :D:D:D

Leftwich has played well against the 'Skins before though. It's like Randy Moss vs. the Cowboys....

...and replace Zorn with who at this point? the offensive coordinator? the QB coach? the defensive coordinator? :doh: Who on the outside of the Redskins organization is gonna touch this team right now?

And Rod Woodson's analysis...please

Besides, it is like CP said said when they asked him about saving Zorn's job...,"I am playing for my job."

I believe that a lot of his teammates are feeling the same way.If it was your job on the line and you had nowhere else to go what would you be doing?

Say hello to 0-4 Tampa Bay. Prepare to get pummeled.

Nobody wants to buy into what your saying more than me, believe me, but I think you give this team WAY WAY more pride and guts than they have. This is the softest football team this city has ever seen. They may not be the least talented or the worst team, but straight up, they are SOFT.

The whole damn country was calling the redskins out BEFORE the detroit game. That isn't something that erupted AFTER the game. Everyone was telling those guys in the locker room that everyone was thinking the 0-19 hapless Detroit lions were going to beat them. EVERYONE. The message boards, every radio station, ALL the National guys, the Espn's and the USA today's and SI's. They couldnt come out quick enough to predict the skins losing to Detroit.

They did is it so much that eventually people started outright asking the players about it and the coaches while reminding everyone that it would be bedlam in this town if they lost. And what did they do?

First, what they didn't say: "we are going to bring it this week. Your gonna see a team playing as one and fighting to the death every play to get the win, I don't care who they are." -

What they actually said was: "Don't let Detroit fool you. They are good. They are actually only 0-2. This is the NFL and we are all pros. Hey they get paid too. That's not last year's lions". They sounded like a bunch ****es about to get their asses kicked by the worst team in history. Which is exactly what they were. They started making excuses for the loss 4 days BEFORE it happened.

This team is poorly poorly coached. How we are still seeing Laron Landry tackling with his head (and his head ONLY) after the prior two weeks is absolutely inexcusable. How a true rookie QB that isn't that mobile runs on 3rd and 21 and shakes 3 "tacklers" in the process to get a key first down is absolutely horrendous after seeing the tackling in the first two games. And I'm only talking about the "strong unit". You don't want me to start talking about how soft the offense is when you have a 273 lb fullback who whined and cried about a contract extension and a "premier franchise back" who literally can't keep his feet under to GET TO THE LINE OF SCRIMMAGE on 4th and 9 inches.

These guys are absolutely soft. That's why they are being carted off the field and returning half a quarter later. These guys suck. And it starts at the damn top. They have no damn leader making them tough and hard. Indecision, and a total lack of discipline are the hallmarks of this team. I pray for a change. I pray to be dead wrong and see this team come out and bludgeon Tampa because they suck too but I just don't see it. They either lose or squeak out a win. This team dominates nobody. Because you can't be soft and dominating.

The whole damn country was calling the redskins out BEFORE the detroit game. That isn't something that erupted AFTER the game. Everyone was telling those guys in the locker room that everyone was thinking the 0-19 hapless Detroit lions were going to beat them. EVERYONE. The message boards, every radio station, ALL the National guys, the Espn's and the USA today's and SI's. They couldnt come out quick enough to predict the skins losing to Detroit.

They did is it so much that eventually people started outright asking the players about it and the coaches while reminding everyone that it would be bedlam in this town if they lost. And what did they do?

First, what they didn't say: "we are going to bring it this week. Your gonna see a team playing as one and fighting to the death every play to get the win, I don't care who they are." -

What they actually said was: "Don't let Detroit fool you. They are good. They are actually only 0-2. This is the NFL and we are all pros. Hey they get paid too. That's not last year's lions". They sounded like a bunch ****es about to get their asses kicked by the worst team in history. Which is exactly what they were. They started making excuses for the loss 4 days BEFORE it happened.

Exactly right about the Detroit game. With everbody on the planet calling them soft ****es, they were talking up the 0-19 Lions before the game like losers, even the coaches were. They expected to lose because they know they are pathetic. Blache talking about "any given sunday" BEFORE THE GAME. Any given sunday is when some things go wrong, bad calls, couple big plays change the game even though you are dominating an inferior team, not getting outplayed for 4 quarters by an 0-19 team. That's not "any given sunday" that's the Redskins are out of shape, have no heart, and don't give a rats ass either way.

It was the Lions. They are better this year? Aren't we the team that signed 150Mil worth of defensive asskickery and a #1, #2 draft picks as well? Isn't JC "improved"? Didn't our OL get better with Dockery back?

I've been labeled a "Hater" and even I picked us to get pissed and win that game 27-10. I was wrong. Now I hate even more than before, with good reason.

This is what Zorn, Blache, and Jason Campbell brings to our football team, no confidence and expecting every game to come down to the final desperation drive.

Does every thread end up blaming things on JC? He didn't let the Lions go 9 for 12 on third down. He doesn't block when Portis runs. He didn't pick the players in the last two drafts. He's not the one who drafted another tight end when we already have Cooley. He's not the one who drafted 4 linemen in 10 years. He's not the one responsible for the lack of a pass rush.

To answer the question. No our OL didn't get better with Dockery back. Better than terrible, yes. Good? No. Better than with Fabini? Yes. Better than without Dockery? Yes. But it stank to high heaven before and with Dockery it stinks a little less. No depth, no ability to move the pile, no holes for Portis (or any other running back), a center that's undersized and can't block his own man and gets pushed into the backfield, a right tackle that is slow, can't block, and was bypassed by 32 teams in the draft and barely beat out a guy that's now second string on the Lions. A left tackle that was drafted 9 years ago is the best we have on the OLine. That's not Campbell's fault.

Campbell is dong well this year, and is not the biggest source of the team's problems. Is he Joe Montana? No, but blaming this on Campbell is just wrong when there's so many other things wrong on this team that he is not responsible for.

Merge or delete of mentioned already...

During the upset special segment towards the end of the show, Rod Woodson picks the Bucs to beat Washington because:

"Bucs only have to score 14 points. Washington will only score 13."

Personally I think he's dead wrong. We'll score 9. And beat the Bucs 9-6.

LMAOROTF You might be right

Is it too much to ask for this franchise to FINALLY get to the point where we can do to a sorry team like the Bucs and the Lions what the Patriots did to us last year when they spanked us 52-3? I know that's probably not going to happen this year or next, but is it too much to dream that we might get to that in my lifetime?!

Archived