Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Philip Daniels and Andre Carter need to be replaced

redskins59

Our so-called "ends" can't generate enough pass rush, period. Since this is looking like a bad season for us, I say replace Philip Daniels with Jeremy Jarmon, and Andre Carter with Brian Orakpo. Orakpo gets limited opportunities to rush the passer, but when he does, he looks better than Carter. Besides that great year he had for us 2 years ago, Carter just hasn't done anything for us.

With Haynseworth in the middle, the defense should be a lot better this year. This guy is being double teamed virtually every time he's playing. One would think that Carter and Philip Daniels would be doing a better job. They aren't, so I think the problem here is with our defensive ends. They just suck, period.

Daniels should definitely be replaced with Orakpo but Carter is fine. Orakpo is out of place when he is not on the end. If we have Carter Griffin Haynesworth Orakpo we would definitely be getting pressure. But we also have to blitz and mix things up, which we didnt do in Detroit and we saw how that turns out

Daniels should definitely be replaced with Orakpo but Carter is fine. Orakpo is out of place when he is not on the end. If we have Carter Griffin Haynesworth Orakpo we would definitely be getting pressure. But we also have to blitz and mix things up, which we didnt do in Detroit and we saw how that turns out

Carter is far from fine! He gets no pressure and the Lions QB was constantly breaking containment on his side, torching our secondary afterwards. When our defense plays this poorly personnel needs to be adjusted. I would sit booth of those sorry D ends and also sit Carlos Rogers.

Our DEs are terrible, give Orakpo a shot at DE to see if hes a player or a bust, hes not a good LB. Haynesworth is doing his job when hes in the game, he will take on Doubles all game, its up to the DEs and LBs who are 1 on 1 to make a play.

Orakpo is a DE, I dont understand why the redskins want him to play LB and cover TE's. Thats not what he has played his whole life. Orakpo is a good athlete but there is no way he can cover Whitten, Shockey, Boss...ect

Didn't the Lions target Orakpo on that pass right before the two minute warning?

I can see the Orakpo experiment at LB working, but there are going to be major growing pains.

Anyway, this is what Carter and Daniels have always been. Carter will get his 8 sacks this year, because he will find a tackle to abuse at some point and half a 3 sack game. But he has a tendency to vanish for games at a time.

I will have to agree with this one, i think Carter is ok, and i do respect Philip Daniels as a good run defender, he has very good strength, why not rotate him on the inside sometimes with Griffen and Haynesworth at DT, and give the young guys, Orakpo and Jarmon more playing at the ends, and i still dont see the reasoning of having Orakpo, the first round DE that this desperately needed imo, playing linebacker!! He was brought in help put constant pressure on the opposing team's QB, not to play zone and cover tight ends and rush occasionally. I say start Orakpo at DE where he is more comfortable, and rotate Jarmon in, with the way defense is playing, what do we have to lose?

I was dead wrong about carter... he was getting protection slide his way up until this year and I thought he'd have a breakout year for us with the man-to-man looks he'd be getting, but bottomline is the guy has not been able to beat his man...

he's gonna be on sirius radio this afternoon, wonder if he'll address his play...

this could be a good thread two years ago as well

I agree.

The starting DE's are slow. Look at all the good-to-great D-line's in the league and they all have something in common - Speed off the edge.

I think Orakpo should be used as a DE way more than he is -- let him get in a rhythm. He could be really good. Move Daniels to tackle.

I would like to see Orakpo at RDE and rotate Jarmon and Daniels at LDE. Daniels on certin running downs, Jarmon on passing downs. Also can use Daniels at DT because Golston is making too many stupid mistakes. Carter can come in to spell Orakpo because he isn't getting it done as a starter. Blades or Wilson can start at OLB for Orakpo and we'd be ok this year, need a stud LB next year in the draft.

I have been preaching this forever now. Glad to see others have caught on. And to think people actually argued that these guys should start and that Orakpo would do nothing but blitz and never be in coverage. Guess we all see the truth now.

But like I have said over and over...Blach is too arrogant to make the changes needed to get this thing rolling. Our D could be very dangerous and disruptive if Blach would just let them loose.

Our so-called "ends" can't generate enough pass rush, period. Since this is looking like a bad season for us, I say replace Philip Daniels with Jeremy Jarmon, and Andre Carter with Brian Orakpo. Orakpo gets limited opportunities to rush the passer, but when he does, he looks better than Carter. Besides that great year he had for us 2 years ago, Carter just hasn't done anything for us.

With Haynseworth in the middle, the defense should be a lot better this year. This guy is being double teamed virtually every time he's playing. One would think that Carter and Philip Daniels would be doing a better job. They aren't, so I think the problem here is with our defensive ends. They just suck, period.

I couldn't agree more, those two are non existent, nowhere to be found.

I still can't believe Blache is putting Orakpo at LB, what a total joke.

The one thing we need is pass rush, and he takes a potential 6-8 sack guy and puts him covering backs and TE's

Carter is far from fine! He gets no pressure and the Lions QB was constantly breaking containment on his side, torching our secondary afterwards. When our defense plays this poorly personnel needs to be adjusted. I would sit booth of those sorry D ends and also sit Carlos Rogers.

You would sit Carlos Rodgers who has been one of our best DB's. How often do you hear and he cought the pass right in front of CR?

Archived