Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Rick Maese via Twitter: Portis Questionable for Sunday?!

MattFancy

NOT good news. How can you all forget that this is the dude that has carried our O for the past 5 or 6 years (especially last year)?

People love to trash CP when he is down for some reason. But you're right, he's carried this team just about every year since he's been here.

For bad or worse the redskins are stuck with him for a while beause of the contract.

I think next year is the last for his guaranteed money. That being said, I wouldn't say he'd be gone anytime soon anyways. He just does too many things well to say he's expendable.

On the bright side, our depth is pretty good there right now and we should be able to go with what we have into Detroit. Also, there is a lot less pressure to play him since Campbell is going pretty well so far.

People love to trash CP when he is down for some reason. But you're right, he's carried this team just about every year since he's been here.

I really don't get it. I mean, I know the guy can act like a clown off the field but how can anyone shrug off an injury to this cat? I think the common misconception here is that RBs are a dime a dozen. Well, Clinton Portis' aren't a dime a dozen. Honestly, next to Riggo and Brown this guy could be the best RB this franchise has ever had.

have some respect people

I think next year is the last for his guaranteed money. That being said, I wouldn't say he'd be gone anytime soon anyways. He just does too many things well to say he's expendable.

On the bright side, our depth is pretty good there right now and we should be able to go with what we have into Detroit. Also, there is a lot less pressure to play him since Campbell is going pretty well so far.

They have to cut someone though, having 6 RBs on the roster is a bit much. This has to be a sign that rock and betts are gone after this season.

They have to cut someone though, having 6 RBs on the roster is a bit much. This has to be a sign that rock and betts are gone after this season.

Hard to say what it means in the middle of the season. Right now they don't need to cut anyone. If someone gets hurt and the team needs depth elsewhere, then maybe someone needs to be cut.

Twice as effective as it is right now.

If Betts starts this weekend, we score over 30 points.

You really believe Betts is better in pass protection than Portis? I realize that you are a fans of Betts and I like his running style. But, don't dilute the merits of your arguments regarding Betts' talents by ignoring or deluding yourself about his flaws.

Just ignore him. McD5 just wet his pants with the anticipation that Portis wasn't going to play.

LOL.

Portis hasn't broken 100 yards in his last 8 games.

Through that stretch, he has averaged roughly 68 yards a game.

Even Rock Cartwright could do that.

And against Detroit, we shouldn't be missing any blocking from Portis.

Start Betts, and make Mason/Alridge the 3rd down back.

Watch Betts go for 150 yards and three touchdowns.

Monday, come back onto the site, and tell everyone Betts went for 150 and 3 because Detroit sucks.

And then quietly hope that Portis needs another week to get over the injury.:)

You really believe Betts is better in pass protection than Portis? I realize that you are a fans of Betts and I like his running style. But, don't dilute the merits of your arguments regarding Betts' talents by ignoring or deluding yourself about his flaws.

I don't believe a RB should be blocking more than the absolute miminum necessary. Much better to have them go out for a pass.

Was Barry Sanders a good blocker?

How about AD in Minnesota? Would you want him blocking?

Sproles? How good can he block?

Exactly. It doesn't matter.

Linemen block. Star RBs score.

Watch Betts go for 150 yards and three touchdowns.

I wouldn't even bet your money on this stat line. You are right on this development as a whole though. This is a blessing in disguise for anyone wanting more out of the passing game. If Portis is out, I think Jason has at least 40 pass attempts on Sunday and most likely goes over 300 yards.

I don't believe a RB should be blocking more than the absolute miminum necessary. Much better to have them go out for a pass.

Was Barry Sanders a good blocker?

How about AD in Minnesota? Would you want him blocking?

Sproles? How good can he block?

Exactly. It doesn't matter.

Linemen block. Star RBs score.

I disagree with your basic point that a RB's pass blocking skills really aren't that important. Well, at least you appear to concede that Portis is much better in pass protection than Betts.

Archived