Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ESPN and NFLNet pundits picking the Lions to beat us

SkinsGuru

The skins have the bad habit of allowing back-up and/or rookie qb's to absolutly destroy their D.

The Lions have a habit of getting destroyed by the Washington Redskins.

Wouldn't bet someone elses money on this one, and it should be interesting no matter the outcome.

I hate to say it but I dont think the majority of the team cares all that much.

They seem to be a listless bunch, lacking much fire.

Hope they prove me wrong on Sunday and beat the holy hell out of the Lions.

If I see one person defending the Skins after a loss with crap like, "its hard to get a road win in the NFL..." then they should be banned and beaten senseless.

There is no reason on Earth they should lose to a team who hasnt won since 2007.

I hate to say it but I dont think the majority of the team cares all that much.

They seem to be a listless bunch, lacking much fire.

Hope they prove me wrong on Sunday and beat the holy hell out of the Lions.

If I see one person defending the Skins after a loss with crap like, "its hard to get a road win in the NFL..." then they should be banned and beaten senseless.

There is no reason on Earth they should lose to a team who hasnt won since 2007.

Yeah, this team seems to lack fire a lot, but I think the booing actually got to a lot of them this past Sunday.

You guys should read the thread bubba created over in the ATN forum about the Lions...VERY illuminating and kinda makes you scratch your head as to why everyone expects them to beat not only the Redskins, but ANY team.

So? All they have to do is let the Redskins drive into the RZ and then stop them for a FG. Then just bomb on 1st and 2nd down and just find a way to match up Calvin Johnson against DeAngelo Hall on third down.

Then in the fourth quarter, feed the rock to Kevin Smith to close it out.

So? All they have to do is let the Redskins drive into the RZ and then stop them for a FG. Then just bomb on 1st and 2nd down and just find a way to match up Calvin Johnson against DeAngelo Hall on third down.

Yeah, Kevin Smith won't be able to get over 60 yards on us. We will do what we ALWAYS do to the Lions.

:rotflmao:

Good one lol :thumbsup:

Do the Pundits(experts) take into consideration that Simms has a shoulder injury and is probably out of the game and that Portis is expected to run the football?

Do the experts take into consideration that the Redskins 20/20 passing game is clicking and that once inside the redzone changes will be made this week and TD's will be scored?

Do the experts take into consideration a rookie QB is playing a defense that has given up only 1 TD per game so far to TWO quarterbacks who have gone to the PRO BOWL.

No. I didn't think so.

I honestly believe the Skins will DOMINATE the Lions and Stafford will be begging to go back to GA after our D Line gets through with him. I also believe the this week will be a beginning to great season for the Skins IF the coaching staff and team leaders on this team gets the team motivated and executing. The Skins need to roll this week and just feed off of the momentum for the rest of the season. If none of this happens I think many of us will be sorely dissapointed.

Well, its kind of depressing to see that almost all of the Lions' fanbase has confidence in their team to win this Sunday, when last year when we faced them, only about half of them expected to win. I mean, when they are calling into the LaVar Arrington show saying they're confident in winning, chances are, this game isn't something to ignore. This team better play its heart out. Especially since this is the first possible win for the Lions in quite a few weeks due to a rough schedule.

Hell they almost beat us last year and considering our game plans and play calling hasn't changed, I wouldn't be surprised if they beat us this time.

Define "Almost beat".

We outgained them in yardage 439 to 274...

We outgained them in 1st downs, 22 to 13...

We outgained them in 3rd down efficiency, 45% to 16%...they only converted two 3rd down attempts all game...

We outgained them in rushing, 136 yds to 57 yds...

We outgained them in time of possession, 36 minutes to 24 minutes...

We were ahead of them by 12 points with 6 minutes left in the game...

When they pulled within 5 points, the Redskins put together a time-consuming scoring drive that put the game effectively out of reach...

None of that seems to speak to the Lions "almost" winning...put another way, if the Skins had played the way the Lions did in that game, NOBODY here would be claiming that they "almost" won the game...in fact, the overwhelming majority of people would chalk up that last TD drive as being against a "prevent defense", how it required two 4th down conversions to keep the drive alive, and would be saying that the game was nowhere near as close as the score indicated.

Just because the Skins didn't win as dominantly as we would have liked doesn't mean they almost lost...

Define "Almost beat".

We outgained them in yardage 439 to 274...

We outgained them in 1st downs, 22 to 13...

We outgained them in 3rd down efficiency, 45% to 16%...they only converted two 3rd down attempts all game...

We outgained them in rushing, 136 yds to 57 yds...

We outgained them in time of possession, 36 minutes to 24 minutes...

We were ahead of them by 12 points with 6 minutes left in the game...

When they pulled within 5 points, the Redskins put together a time-consuming scoring drive that put the game effectively out of reach...

None of that seems to speak to the Lions "almost" winning...put another way, if the Skins had played the way the Lions did in that game, NOBODY here would be claiming that they "almost" won the game...in fact, the overwhelming majority of people would chalk up that last TD drive as being against a "prevent defense", how it required two 4th down conversions to keep the drive alive, and would be saying that the game was nowhere near as close as the score indicated.

Just because the Skins didn't win as dominantly as we would have liked doesn't mean they almost lost...

+1 I was just getting ready to post something similiar!

:cheers:

You are silly.

so...you think we should shut out every team we play?

The Skins gave up exactly ONE single score on a 3rd down play no less.

Or do you think the Rams will not score any more TD's this season?

You need to buy that book FOOTBALL 101 and read it from cover to cover before speaking.

Did you read what I was responding to in the first place?

Did you read what I was responding to in the first place?

all i know is that your response was a smug "the Rams scored their first TD on the Redskins". You made it sound like a crime that the Skins actually gave up a score to the lowly Rams. At least thats the way you made it sound.

Sorry if it was misinterpreted but it sure came off that way.

Have you taken a look HOW they have scored points? Either on special teams or getting turnovers. They haven't shown much on offense. In my view, the Lions have shown far less.

I really wonder if the people making these picks have actually watched these teams play.

Never the less they put up points and that scares me...and we haven't shown nothing on offense and we havent put up points.

Archived