Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

WT: Zorn "I'm not worried about my job"

OxonHillSkinsFan89

I'm beginning to think Jim Zorn is ****in' clueless. Which in turn, means that Danny boy will likely keep him through the remainder of the season.

I'm not sure what firing him in the middle of the season will accomplish. There is no one to replace him. And getting fired in the middle of the season only makes it harder for another coach to come to the Redskins. Look at how hard it was to get one when we hired Zorn. Snyder has to give him to the end of the year. Then we will see what happens next.

Good argument. I especially agree with the "wahhhhhhh" part.

Who said anything about "just roll[ing] through the season" and winning the Super Bowl? I guess that just sounded better, right.

I don't think many fans realistically expected to win the Super Bowl this season. However, many fans did expect to see some kind of improvement from the way the season ended last year. Clearly, that hasn't happened.

If you feel good about the win against the Rams, then good for you. I'm actually jealous. I wish I felt good about it. But don't patronize those that see the team for what it really is--a team that can't score touchdowns and barely beats the Rams at home. Man I wish I could feel good about that.

I don't feel great about the win...I know it wasn't pretty. But how is moving the ball a lot easier (between the 10s) and beating the Rams at home not an improvement over last year? Look, I know they have a long way to go, but calling for people to get fired and whatnot is crazy when they are 1-1. Two games. They were 'supposed' to lose to the Giants in NY and they were 'supposed' to beat the Rams at home. They did that. I just think we need more time before we start saying 'they suck' and 'fire Zorn'. If we start getting blown out by teams like the Lions, then we'll know for sure. But until then, let's not slaughter our team after a win...ugly or not.

I'm not worried about my job = the obvious denial answer, which is pretty much expected. He's NOT going to come out and say, "Shucks, I sure am doing a lousy job, and I guess I could get canned any minute now."

It's the same reflexive denial as "I did not have sexual relations with that woman..." and "My son would never rob that bank, he's a good boy"

*(On second fourth-down call late in game): "I had three timeouts so I wanted to use one there and take a breath and think about the situation. We felt like we could get the first down and picked out what I felt was the best play, running right behind Chris Samuels. What happened on the line of scrimmage, our offensive line decided to block it out a little more instead of more downhill and it strung the play out. It was a very frustrating play to watch because had we blocked it differently – and it’s their choice – it might have been a different outcome. If I was to look back on that call, I would call the same play."

– Ryan O’Halloran

I am now convinced...Jim Zorn is a very spiteful, disillusioned and arrogant coach.

it's axiomatic that when somebody finds it necessary to bring something up, saying they are not affected by the situation, it is in fact the thing that is directly on their minds :)

Zorn would not be human if he was not worried about his future. He had a 2 year deal and time is ticking down.

The only part of this team that is performing well is the defense and Greg Blache was here before Zorn arrived.

What progress has Zorn made with the offense, his area of expertise? :)

Mike Shanahan didn't do well evaluating defensive personnel in Denver, but in a more limited role as an offensive coach IMO he could do wonders here with this unit.

What will everyone think when we blow out Detroit?

JZ is an inexperienced coach. It takes time to learn things, especially doing the play calling. He will, god willing, get better. VERY few coaches ever come out the gate blazing.

I for one am not ready to throw in the towel.

Now, ask me about that again after the 8 game. If we aren't over .500, I will probably have a change of opinion.

Game 3, game 8, what's the difference? He's had a whole offseason-preseason cycle, and does not seem ANY better. I was a big Zorn supporter when he first came. I even kind of accepted the rocky end to last season, but now, to not show any improvement? I can't speak for Snyder's plans, but as far as I'm concerned, if he can't rally this talented team and gameplan a way to beat the Detroit Lions...He needs to be shown the door.

If the QB didn't like the call he should have audibled. JC just doesn't have the football smarts to do it.

Baseless statement that has been proven wrong with the facts surrounding JC's ability to call plays within the Red Zone. I guess you don't follow the team close enough to know he's not allowed to audible out of some of the plays. Spin it like you will, but you're operating on a baseless assumption in order to assassinate someones reputation.

Bottom Line:

If your going to nickel and dime down the field every drive and go for no big plays to score then you better be Walsh/Montana in the red zone.

Walsh created this offense, we just have some guy who was never an OC pulling **** out of his ass at random. Running on 1st and goal at the 8, for instance, is beyond moronic. So you get on average a yard or 2. What's the point?

Zorn flourished for a short time as a playcaller simply because he was an unknown quantity, since the rest oft he league worked out his tendencies we've continued to struggle. I'm sure he's very worried about his job.

Well that...and Campbell just isn't that good, he can't win us games.

Archived