Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Proposed Defensive Roster Changes: Re-Sign Washington.

D'Pablo

Considering the recent article in the Post regarding our ability to sign a free agent or two during the season, I propose the following moves-

1. Sign Marcus Washington

2. Cut Renaldo Wynn

3. Demote Phillip Daniels

4. Move Brian Orakpo to starting LE

5. Promote Chris Wilson to starting SLB

Orakpo is a DE and he should be in that spot. Let him run wild next to Haynesworth. Daniels is not getting the pass rush we need, although he'd be great as a rotational DT or situational run-stopper.

Considering the recent article in the Post regarding our ability to sign a free agent or two during the season' date=' I propose the following moves-

2. Cut Renaldo Wynn

Orakpo is a DE and he should be in that spot. Let him run wild next to Haynesworth. Daniels is not getting the pass rush we need, although he'd be great as a rotational DT or situational run-stopper.[/quote']

I'm a big fan of this idea here. I just wish Marcus would want to come back. :(

Considering the recent article in the Post regarding our ability to sign a free agent or two during the season' date=' I propose the following moves-

2. Cut Renaldo Wynn

Orakpo is a DE and he should be in that spot. Let him run wild next to Haynesworth. Daniels is not getting the pass rush we need, although he'd be great as a rotational DT or situational run-stopper.[/quote']

I would love these moves. My only problem is that these are things that should of been done before the season started. I guess its better late than never.

2. Cut Renaldo Wynn

I like it as well. My personal preference would be to play Robert Henson or one of the other rookies. We need to leverage the youth we have, assess them, coach/groom them. If they don't cut it, well cut them.

why not just keep them, move orakpo, demote Daniels & Wynn to rotation guys and move Wilson to SLB full time?

I would like to see MW back, but as a back up, whats the difference? better to promote a PS LB or some special teamer to back up SLB so they will get some game experience when called on.

If Wilson goes down, then go get a SLB like MW back, but no need to do it now IMO

I think that MW would be beneficial for a number of reasons. For one, he is a dedicated SLB and has been for the majority of his career. Two, he can mentor Chris Wilson as he adjusts to the SLB position. Three, he brings fire and discipline to our team. During the Giants game, almost everyone on D was flat and out of position. Finally, we need some quality depth at SLB.

Orakpo would look like Carter back in his HOV run defense year. He can grow into the position and may have his break out game this Sunday.

His playing defensive end on running downs can be looked at next year when he becomes stronger and hopefully stout against bigger o lineman.

At some point, you need to cut ties with the past and move forward with young guys. Washington is done, and that was pretty obvious the past couple of years.

As much as it pains people for Orakpo to go through his growing pains at his new position, it needs to be done at some point. For those who want him to play RDE, I guess you guys liked Jason Taylor's performance at that position last year. :rolleyes:

At some point, you need to cut ties with the past and move forward with young guys. Washington is done, and that was pretty obvious the past couple of years.

As much as it pains people for Orakpo to go through his growing pains at his new position, it needs to be done at some point. For those who want him to play RDE, I guess you guys liked Jason Taylor's performance at that position last year. :rolleyes:

Bingo! Orakpo will get eaten up at that spot. That spot requires a 275lb+ DE. Orakpo needs to be in the spot Carter is, if he is going to play DE.

Why are we even still talking about Marcus Washington as if he'd do anything to help our defense? There's a reason he's still sitting in his house without a team.

Also, what's with everybody pushing the idea of moving Orakpo to the line? At his current size he'd get steamrolled on running downs.

If anything, it would be Jarmon who would take over the LDE spot to try and help improve the pass rush from there, but he's probably not ready for starting duties there yet.

Archived