Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Proposed Defensive Roster Changes: Re-Sign Washington.

D'Pablo

You want to take a player that struggles in the run game matched against TE's and put him against an OT full time. You want to replace him with a less talented version of himself, and back him up with one of the most injury prone players we've had since Gibbs part II? I don't see how this is an improvement in any shape or form.

You want to take a player that struggles in the run game matched against TE's and put him against an OT full time. You want to replace him with a less talented version of himself, and back him up with one of the most injury prone players we've had since Gibbs part II? I don't see how this is an improvement in any shape or form.

It's different playing the run as a DE v. OLB. Orakpo is great at getting leverage because he plays low and has ridiculous strength. This makes him tough to defend when he has his hand in the ground. Right now, we have him standing up and playing the pass. This is a waste. Those comparing him to Jason Taylor tend to forget just how insanely strong Orakpo is and how many tackles for loss he had coming out of school. Moreover, Michael Strahan played LE at 250 and Tuck plays at 274. Finally, if MW is a backup, it really doesn't matter how injury prone he is.

:logo:I KNOW this is wishful thinking ... But, man! How I wish we had snagged Seymor from the Pats.

In his first game for the Raiders he created havoc. And, he joined the team 2 days earlier...

Fat Albert... you may want to take a page out of Seymor's book.

Washington is done, and anybody that doesn't think so is deluding themselves. No other team has signed him, and before being cut, his production had dropped drastically, in those rare instances in which he was on the field.

If we wanted to platoon Orakpo at End, we should have signed Leroy Hill, rather than keeping 5 million in cap room in reserve. If we decide we want a true OLB now, Derrick Johnson could probably be had from KC for pretty cheap, as he is not the best fit for their new 4-3.

Considering the recent article in the Post regarding our ability to sign a free agent or two during the season' date=' I propose the following moves-

1. Sign Marcus Washington

2. Cut Renaldo Wynn

3. Demote Phillip Daniels

4. Move Brian Orakpo to starting LE

5. Promote Chris Wilson to starting SLB

Orakpo is a DE and he should be in that spot. Let him run wild next to Haynesworth. Daniels is not getting the pass rush we need, although he'd be great as a rotational DT or situational run-stopper.[/quote']

You Probably would have gotten a better star rating and response if your title was "Proposed Defensive Roster Changes: Promote Orakpo To DE!"

:allhail:

Its too late because Blache Zorn Vinny LLC would have to admit the moves we made were foolish and short sighted. Wynn cant get on the field and cost us Dixon. Daniels slow as molasses gets tons of snaps. He should be relegated to 3rd and 1's, true running downs. It amazes me that Blache has Daniels in for so many snaps; how many plays did he face that were runs vs passes? I bet he was in for a ton of passes. 1st and 10 is not a running down, Gregory.

Archived