Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

If cambell fails this year do we let him walk

redskin301

These threads lately make me want to scream. TAG Jason Campbell if he fails? Make him one of the highest paid at the highest paid position? Because he fails? MABIE you should keep this idea in your head. Dan Snyder has never done anything half as stupid as that.

anyone who would trade a second round pick for Campbell (which is really what he was worth to begin with during the draft considering his unobserved skill set) is a fracken idiot.

If we traded him, we'd be lucky to get a 5th rounder, probably a 6th rounder. When we do release him at the end of this year, he'll be lucky to be signed as a backup QB

If JC clearly fails, then yes, I don't see what the point is in extending him. In which case, we trade up in the draft for whatever QB looks good at that point, and whatever QB will work in whatever offense we end up with, whether it's still Zorn or another OC or HC.

Realistically, though, I think it's more likely JC will have a muddled kind of season, not elite, but not too terrible, and the debate will rage on. I think Snyder will only extend him if he is clearly a franchise QB for 5-10 years down the road. I've generally been supportive of JC, but I'm not sure he can do that.

He should get the rest of the season to prove himself but not a game more. I'm all for trading up for Colt McCoy if he fails.

Like Colt McCoy would do anything behind our offensive line, even a year older?

No way. If we fail, blow the whole thing up.

Build a team like winners do--linemen. Almost all linemen in the next draft.

Then we won't get pushed around like little girls on both sides of the ball. We will be able to compete physically with anyone.

Archived