Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

What players on our team if we cut, would not be picked up by another NFL team?

NoleSkin21

Not Daniels. He can still play an effective run stopping DE, though he is getting up there. He could find a one year deal somewhere. I think Betts might find a job as a 3rd string RB somewhere too.

ABSOLUTELY Daniels. There is no such thing as a team in the market for an over 30 year old run stopping DE. If you are a good enough team to keep a roster spot for somebody like that, you already have a player that fits that role.

Wynn wouldn't get picked up. Yoder wouldn't get picked up.

Rock might get picked up.

Betts would be taken by somebody worried about their RB situation.

Rinehart is actually questionable. I think many of the others would be picked up, but with a decreased role as compared to what we are asking them to play and/or what we are paying them.

For example, I think Griffin would likely get picked up. He wouldn't be a starting DT, but somebody would take him and put him in their rotation and pay him a lot less.

People would have listed Jansen if this thread had been created back in February lol :yes:...

OL is a bit different because even rebuilding teams want some veterns there so they don't kill their QB, if the person has a chance of even playing decently. OL is the one real place where you don't put the rookie out there and say, 'Let him learn on the job.'

There teams are willing to give somebody a last shot to see if they have anything left. Look at us and Williams. Essentially at any other position, he's not on this team.

Teams always need bodies.

I'd guess somewhere along the line, most everyone would at the very least get a look elsewhere, with the possible exceptions of the back-up O-linemen and corners. There's teams way worse on actual talent than we are, even if some of our talent isn't up to what we deserve.

Although we got no suiters when we floated the QB around this past off-season, and Rock got little to no interest when he hawked himself around as a free agent, so there's two that might struggle .....

Hail.

Kelly

Devin Thomas

I honestly think none of those players would get a bite from any other team if they were cut tomorrow.

Thats pretty melodramatic dude.

If Troy Williamson is still getting shots, these guys would still get shots.

And whenever I read stuff like this, I think back to a great article by the Professor. Take a deep breath.

Smoot

Kelly

Devin Thomas

I honestly think none of those players would get a bite from any other team if they were cut tomorrow.

please, PLEASE get the GM job for the skins and cut these three guys.. they would be on the ravens roster seconds after they were cut

Weren't the Patriots looking to trade for Collins? If someone is willing to go that far, I'm sure they would pick him up for nothing. I don't think there are many people, if any that wouldn't get a shot somewhere else in some capacity. As others have stated, the only one I see being the most likely is Mike Williams.

Most of the guys being mentioned in this thread would certainly be picked up by someone.

Don't forget: Jeremy Bridges, Antonio Dixon, Cody Glenn, Robert Agnone and Chase Daniel were all either signed to other teams' active rosters or practice squads. We're not exactly talking about Pro Bowlers here.

All young guys or OL. People are going to give the young guy a chance because of potential and they are cheap, and as I explained earier in the name of protecting the QB, people will always see if a vetern OL has anything left.

There are plenty of veterns that are currently w/o teams. Look at Dominic Rhodes and Derrick Brooks. If nobody wants them, is it really hard to believe that we have veterns on our team that nobody would want?

You know what is sad, forget listing the players who would not get picked up if they were cut. Look at our "leadership".

Would Vinny Cerrato get a job if he was fired?

Would Jim Zorn get a job as even an offensive coordinator if he were fired?

Would Greg Blaaaahhhh get a job?

I think the answer would be a resounding NO!

While some might be back-ups on other teams, to say that Thomas, Kelly, Rabach couldn't get another job is just stupid...

You are spot on! Thomas and Kelly are 2 young inexperienced but talented receivers. They need to be on the field.

Enough of all the freaking max protect all the time 'cauce JC is slow in every single way.

There are plenty of veterns that are currently w/o teams. Look at Dominic Rhodes and Derrick Brooks. If nobody wants them, is it really hard to believe that we have veterns on our team that nobody would want?

I'm sure there are a few who wouldn't be picked up...I'm just saying many of the names being thrown around are ridiculous. Lots of teams would love to have Smoot as a nickle corner, for example. People are just being stupid in this thread.

Archived