Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Rotoworld: Eagles T Shawn Andrews out for season

MattFancy

I think if they sign him, he can begin practicing? Maybe I have that wrong.

He's on a special exempt list until he is reinstated. Placing him on the list dictates that he cannot practice with the team. The alternative was keeping him on the 53-man roster until his suspension was lifted, which would have allowed him to continue practicing.

This is definitely the end of Andrews' career in Philly. I imagine someone will take a flyer on him in the offseason, but I could easily see him exiting football for good. It's a high-upside risk for someone, that's for sure.

Shame how his career played out. For one season he was one of the most dominating linemen in football.

Good thing they they have that stockpile of qbs, winston justice is going to make them neccessary

This will continue to be the dialogue from opposing fans who will ignore his present performance and focus in on one game from 2 years ago where he played out of position and had a horrible game.

How badly did Peppers dominate him Sunday. That's right.

This will continue to be the dialogue from opposing fans who will ignore his present performance and focus in on one game from 2 years ago where he played out of position and had a horrible game.

Yeah, and it should be. He has one of the worst performances in OL history, doesnt start for 2 years, and then has a good game? And everything is going to be fine now? What am I supposed to base it on?

ps. Peppers had 5 tackles, a sack and 2 Pass defenses. Don't know how many of those came against Justice but that's a pretty good day

Because he hasnt really shown much otherwise, that games one of the biggest samples of play we can look at for Justice, and it was pathetic. Osi is good, but thats just plain embarrassing.

Disapointing to see this happen to Andrews, he's a heck of a player imo. Big blow to the offense.

He's on a special exempt list until he is reinstated. Placing him on the list dictates that he cannot practice with the team. The alternative was keeping him on the 53-man roster until his suspension was lifted, which would have allowed him to continue practicing.

This is definitely the end of Andrews' career in Philly. I imagine someone will take a flyer on him in the offseason, but I could easily see him exiting football for good. It's a high-upside risk for someone, that's for sure.

Shame how his career played out. For one season he was one of the most dominating linemen in football.

You probably know more than me, but I got an ESPN text, yesterday I think, saying that they activated, or were going to active Vick from that lists.

Then on TV someone mentioned that they were shopping Hank Baskett because they need a roster spot. Any truth to this?

I wish the skins had picked up Runyan... Would be a good backup.

I read somewhere that Runyan has actually turned an NFC East team down. I wouldn't be surprised if that was the Redskins...there was no love lost between Runyan and our D while he played for Philthy. I remember a couple specific incidents between him and Big Joe Salave'a a few years ago.

You probably know more than me, but I got an ESPN text, yesterday I think, saying that they activated, or were going to active Vick from that lists.

Then on TV someone mentioned that they were shopping Hank Baskett because they need a roster spot. Any truth to this?

They activated Vick off the exempt list earlier today and cut Baskett in order to open up a roster spot for Vick to occupy.

They tried to trade Baskett last night so they could get something for him while also vacating a roster spot for Jeff Garcia. When they couldn't move Baskett, they opted to put Andrews on IR to make room for Garcia.

They didn't necessarily need to make room for Vick until next week, but I guess they wanted him to practice for a week or so before his first game.

Yeah, and it should be. He has one of the worst performances in OL history, doesnt start for 2 years, and then has a good game? And everything is going to be fine now? What am I supposed to base it on?

ps. Peppers had 5 tackles, a sack and 2 Pass defenses. Don't know how many of those came against Justice but that's a pretty good day

Yeah, why would we use a performance from Sunday as a barometer towards future potential when we have a game from 2 years ago?

Peppers didn't have a sack against Justice. You obviously didn't watch the game because, if you did, you'd know that Justice had a very good game.

Archived