Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Letter to Giants Fans

H4172tehR3d5k1n5

Dear Giants fans,

Please don't think that the win against the Redskins this week was anything special. The game was not as lopsided as you are telling everyone it was.

QBs

- both threw for 200+ yards, both fumbled twice, both threw 1 TD and 1 INT. Each QB had about a 70% completion. Doing as well as Jason Campbell isn't a good thing. Jason Campbell has an arm and can throw the ball well, but the game is just to fast for him. He has no situational awareness and simply does not know how to avoid the rush.

RBs

- NYG did marginally better with Portis

gaining just as many yards as Bradshaw. Jacobs was held to under 50 yards and was basically a non factor... Read More

DEF - The Redskins only allowed the NYG 1 touchdown (due to 3 missed tackles) and held you to a field goal 3 times. The TD the NYG scored on DEF was purely Campbell's fault as he had a huge pocket and great protection, but did not take a couple of steps forward. That wasn't a great play by your DEF, it was a horrible play by a less than average QB.

Both teams had around a 40% 3rd down conversion rate, Both teams gained an average of 5+ yards per play.

The real difference......

The Redskins went 2/3 in

redzone

appearances and the Giants were 0/3. Jason Campbell's lack of awareness is what lost us that game. Doing as well as the Redskins is never worth bragging about. The Giants won that game by only 6 points. 7 points were the result of Campbell not stepping up into the pocket. It was no spectacular DEF play, it was average at best. If you watch that play again

http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/2009091310/2009/REG1/redskins@giants#tab:watch... Read More

you will see that the pass protection on the play was excellent. The Giants didn't do anything special. Any other team in the NFL would have made one of the three missed tackles that let you into the endzone. I'm not saying that the Giants would not have scored, just that it should not have been on that play.

Keep on thinking that play like that is good enough, and the 'Skins will see you at the bottom of the league.

:gaintsuck

Really?

I thought they sucked in the red zone?

Wouldn't that be the opposite of finishing drives?

True. FG's = Could've been better in the Red Zone.

I like the spirit of this thread.

God damnit, we may have sucked but you really weren't all that great yourself, buddy! :silly:

We've definitely played better teams. The Patriots dropped 50+ on us (at home?), not long ago. I must admit, losing by 6 in NY is a bit easier to deal with. This statement, of course, is always easier to say mid-week with the Rams & Lions on the horizon. Besides, the Cowboys will get beat worst by NY next week so we won't have to hear it from the turds fans for longer than a week.

To the person pointing their finger into our secondary.. i have to agree. Coming out of preseason I was a bit worried. Hopefully this is an eye opener to the defense. Nothing great comes easy. To their benefit, the blame goes around the board. Everyone can do better. Even we, as fans, can do better.

Lets keep our heads up and trust that the coaches will make corrections. From what I can tell, a bit more discipline is needed to shake that summer monkey off our backs. You can't kill your opponent if you're goofing off (And you certainly can't kill your opponent while holding a silly summer monkey.) How much fun should you really be having before its no longer beneficial? This is very easy stuff to fix.

The way I see it, keeping theme with the OP, we almost beat one of the best and we were half-bassing it.

Just gotta get rid of that summer Monkey! <--summer what? :silly:

Are you kidding. Did you watch the ****ing game? Holy... lol some of you fans are truly delusional. They dominated us all game, our Wrs were covered, the playcalling sucked.

We had two stops in the redzone which was a good job by us BUT they drove down within the 5 their very first two drives. We were lucky the score wasnt 14-0 before Campbell even threw the ball.

The skins were pushed around all game. Now it wasn't as bad as last year but you cannot say it was even close. The game was alot farther away. The giants consistently converted 3rd downs. They ate up the clock. They SHUTDOWN our passing game.

The last drive for like 80 yards that we drove. They rushed 4, was pretty prevent. Its designed to give up the underneath and let the clock run out. They were up 17-0 on us and we scored by a fake punt! Our second score came when the game was OVER. OVER

This is why I have a hard time talking on specific team fan sites because alot of people are delusional. They watch the game through their redskins vision glasses. Drink the campbell koolaid all offseason. Think clinton portis is one of the best runningbacks in the nfl that can break the long one.

You people who fall into this category a shame me. You make the rest of us who can watch something with an unbiased eye look like idiots. I can only imagine if the giants board were to see this. How much they would laugh and call us delusional. Well they would be right, if only some of you could see that.

Are you kidding. Did you watch the ****ing game? Holy... lol some of you fans are truly delusional. They dominated us all game, our Wrs were covered, the playcalling sucked.

We had two stops in the redzone which was a good job by us BUT they drove down within the 5 their very first two drives. We were lucky the score wasnt 14-0 before Campbell even threw the ball.

The skins were pushed around all game. Now it wasn't as bad as last year but you cannot say it was even close. The game was alot farther away. The giants consistently converted 3rd downs. They ate up the clock. They SHUTDOWN our passing game.

The last drive for like 80 yards that we drove. They rushed 4, was pretty prevent. Its designed to give up the underneath and let the clock run out. They were up 17-0 on us and we scored by a fake punt! Our second score came when the game was OVER. OVER

This is why I have a hard time talking on specific team fan sites because alot of people are delusional. They watch the game through their redskins vision glasses. Drink the campbell koolaid all offseason. Think clinton portis is one of the best runningbacks in the nfl that can break the long one.

You people who fall into this category a shame me. You make the rest of us who can watch something with an unbiased eye look like idiots. I can only imagine if the giants board were to see this. How much they would laugh and call us delusional. Well they would be right, if only some of you could see that.

Nice post,agreed!

I agree. Im glad you said all this. I didn't feel like typing it all.

The pt is, We got our arses handed to us Sunday. The Giants look alot better than we do. This whole thread needs to be shredded.

The way we played. I wouldnt be surprised if we lose to rams and lions.

we deserve to be on the bottom of the division. probably where we'll be all season.

another year. same ol story.

I'm a Giants fan and I'll respond to this thread. The Giants weren't great and the Skins weren't terrible, but we were better than you and it showed. Regarding our corners, our second and third best corners didn't play. We started a second year corner and had a street free agent as our nickel corner.

You guys have a good d - one of the best in the league. Haynesworth was a good signing. He made it difficult for us to even think about running inside and hurt us on those short yardage mistakes. Fletcher is vastly underrated. But we were still able to move the ball on you. And though our d was banged up, it was good enough to make life very difficult for your offense. I think you guys have a good team. But I think we have a better one.

And though our d was banged up, it was good enough to make life very difficult for your offense. I think you guys have a good team. But I think we have a better one.

The difference was that your coach didn't call a conservative game that wasn't going to work after Eli made a mistake and ours did.

How to beat the Redskins 101:

Force Campbell to make a mistake, and even if you can't force one he will eventually make one anyway. Then Zorn turns into Marty Schottenheimer.

I'm a Giants fan and I'll respond to this thread. The Giants weren't great and the Skins weren't terrible, but we were better than you and it showed. Regarding our corners, our second and third best corners didn't play. We started a second year corner and had a street free agent as our nickel corner.

You guys have a good d - one of the best in the league. Haynesworth was a good signing. He made it difficult for us to even think about running inside and hurt us on those short yardage mistakes. Fletcher is vastly underrated. But we were still able to move the ball on you. And though our d was banged up, it was good enough to make life very difficult for your offense. I think you guys have a good team. But I think we have a better one.

I agree with most, but your team wasn't all that beat up, and your defense is all about your DL.

and it didn't hurt that the NFL set you up with an opening game at home against us for the second year in a row.

you won the game in the first half, but we went toe to toe in the second half, and if we would have recovered that onside kick, you had a better than not chance of losing.

and it didn't hurt that the NFL set you up with an opening game at home against us for the second year in a row.

Just stop with this crap.

I'm sure you were complaining from '99 thru '06, when the Skins played at home FIVE years in a row and seven out of eight years. Granted, they were against different teams and the 2003 Thursday opener was probably given to us due to 9/11, but the point remains.

The excuses are embarrassing. The Giants controlled the game, and aside from that last drive, our offense did ZERO in the second half.

NFC East Standings, as predicted by most pundits, who were dissed always by Skins fans in the preseason:

NY Giants 1-0

Philly 1-0

Dallas 1-0

Skins 0-1

Enough said, with one exception. If I were a Skins fan, I'd stop trying to paint the positives of last week's game, and start worrying about the Rams and their new head coach--Spags. Didn't the Skins get whipped by the Rams last year in FedEx?

Archived