Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Zorn is begining to sound a lot like Gibbs II =(

BleedinBurgNGold

I feel we are getting closer and closer to hearing a 'we fought our guts out' during Zorns Monday presser. JZ's favorite saying is ' we are only a few plays away' from winning. Campbell has some blame for the way this team played Saturday, But nobody can deny that Zorns play calling was a disaster. 1st and 2nd down runs up the gut, a reverse after a very succesful CP run, hardly saw 12,11 and NEVER saw 84 on the field because Zorn doesn't think he's 'ready'. Hardly anything deep and Zorns reasoning is that the Giants did things that took that possibility away.. Isn't that what you plan all week for? Plan B? Plan C, D, And E? Even when we went 6-2 last year we did it on CP's back running a very vanilla offense. Once our O-line and CP broke down, we seemed like we weren't sure what to do next and ended up 2-6. Coach Zorn had only 2 years as an offensive coordinator in the early 90's at Utah State. It seems he may be in over his head calling plays. Not calling for his head (yet), but what about hiring a compitent OC? Thoughts?

Hail :doh:

No Zorn is sounding a lot like Norv Turner.

I agree with this, and the original argument as well. I think that unlike a Singletary, Zorn didn't come in here and change the atmosphere here. Things are going on just as they have been for the past 10 - 20 years (with the exception of the Shotty year). Zorn seems like a nice guy who can survive in the right system. but I'm seeing his tenure here winding up more and more like Turner's (albeit much shorter).

Just posted soemthing that included this related comment here:

http://extremeskins.com/showpost.php?p=6750991&postcount=116

For instance, Gibbs & "the assistant head coach company" had all the coaching experience of the ages while Zorn is as under-qualified by resume' as anyone in recent history, yet the problems and dynamics are almost eerily similar.

Reminds me more of Norv. Teams are good enough to sucker you in but bad enough to not win. Always some lame excuse in the press conferences. He needs to get his head out of his ass and stop play calling like a *****. Grow a pair and pass on first down. 11 runs on 15 first down plays is pathetic.

I agree with this, and the original argument as well. I think that unlike a Singletary, Zorn didn't come in here and change the atmosphere here. Things are going on just as they have been for the past 10 - 20 years (with the exception of the Shotty year). Zorn seems like a nice guy who can survive in the right system. but I'm seeing his tenure here winding up more and more like Turner's (albeit much shorter).

Zorn like Norv always has the positive comments with regards to our performance. Gibbs was a close third. Although I think Gibbs didn't believe what he said in public and worked to correct it. Zorn and Norv believe in what they field and focus on the what iffs.

Zorn like Norv always has the positive comments with regards to our performance. Gibbs was a close third. Although I think Gibbs didn't believe what he said in public and worked to correct it. Zorn and Norv believe in what they field and focus on the what iffs.

But look at what Norv did in San Diego in a different environment (actually following up a Marty type environment). He's taken that team deep into the playoffs (albeit with an 8-8 record and a weak division). Maybe Zorn can be a good coach in a different setting and maybe somebody like Hasselbeck will defend Zorn the way Aikman defends Norv (assuming Hasselbeck gets a TV gig).

But look at what Norv did in San Diego in a different environment (actually following up a Marty type environment). He's taken that team deep into the playoffs (albeit with an 8-8 record and a weak division). Maybe Zorn can be a good coach in a different setting and maybe somebody like Hasselbeck will defend Zorn the way Aikman defends Norv (assuming Hasselbeck gets a TV gig).

Norv took over a really talented team. And barely made it.

Zorn took over a team with huge holes.

Not saying I am a Zorn supporter, but our team lacks a lot of talent.

Norv took over a really talented team. And barely made it.

Zorn took over a team with huge holes.

Not saying I am a Zorn supporter, but our team lacks a lot of talent.

Norv took over an OLD team that was 3 years removed from a SB, followed up by a 9-7 season and a 4-12 season. Really talented? Yeah, but an unspoken problem with the Norv era is the whole salary cap thingie and how we didn't keep our main guys. It was hard watching Mann play for the 49ers, or gary clark play for the Cardinals, or Monk play for the Jets and Eagles (where they had to give him a 'pitty' pass to keep his streak going).

So really Norv and Casserly were 'forced' into rebuilding the team (and did a poor job at it, particularly the defense).

Zorn took over an old team and while they're aging, they aren't nearly as bad contractually as the team Norv took over. This was a playoff team 2 years ago. It had a chance last year. Zorn's just not getting it done. We can blame the players, the system, or whatever, but ultimately the buck stops with Zorn.

Archived