Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Giants were NOT in prevent D on our TD drive at the end

TheItalianStallion

Or you could just admit that JC has only been in the hurry up offense in games he had already lost and the prevent defense made him look good.

Blindfolds may be cool but trying to debate anyone other than Stevie Wonder while wearing one is an exercise of pure comedy for everyone else.

If i was good with making highlights of all the 2 min. drills JC does I'd do it but im not....find a way to see what im talking about and after the fact put your foot in your mouth

It always seems like our offense moves the ball so much better when they go to the hurry up and when Jason is in the shotgun. We always gain yardage in chunks and keep defenses on their heels. I know why we don't do it all game or something, but could it really hurt that much to be a little quicker in and out of the huddle, and faster in our execution, or to use the shotgun a little bit more in our regular offense?

That is bc they became agressive. In my opinion this is why they are not doing well, they are not consitantly agressive. We watched this team m ove the ball effectively when they had to....get this offense hungry and they can do it again.

Why are people still debating this? It was shown in the video that I posted that the Giants were playing man coverage, blitzing, or playing cover 2 jamming the receivers, NOT prevent. Look at the video.

Even if your point stands, even second string QB's can have a good TWO MINUTE STRETCH.

Are you bragging about our starting QB and the guy that can make or break our franchise because he had a good TWO MINUTE drive of football?

I sure hope Jason Campbell continues to have two good minutes of football out of 60. Superbowl here we come!

Even if your point stands, even second string QB's can have a good TWO MINUTE STRETCH.

Are you bragging about our starting QB and the guy that can make or break our franchise because he had a good TWO MINUTE drive of football?

I sure hope Jason Campbell continues to have two good minutes of football out of 60. Superbowl here we come!

If we recover that onside kick and JC has another 45 seconds of good football you wouldn't be saying that.

Kinda like Brady did last night?

If i was good with making highlights of all the 2 min. drills JC does I'd do it but im not....find a way to see what im talking about and after the fact put your foot in your mouth

Did you seriously just ride out in your short bus, lick the window, and then tell me to find a way onto your ride to see things from your point of view or otherwise do what you'd do and kick my own ass?

Get real bro. :chair:

Or you could just admit that JC has only been in the hurry up offense in games he had already lost and the prevent defense made him look good.

Blindfolds may be cool but trying to debate anyone other than Stevie Wonder while wearing one is an exercise of pure comedy for everyone else.

How you could make that comment in a thread with this specific title baffles me. It wasn't prevent D.

Bickering over were they in prevent or not is pointless and really misses the bigger, more important, point. The fact is two poor decisions by Campbell led to the Giants scoring 14 points that turned out to be decisive. He managed to find some consistency on what turned out to be the final drive of the of game for the skins. However, overall his level of performance throughout the game was, as it has been for the last five years, very erratic' he's still making the same (costly) mistakes that he was five years ago. He still holds on to the ball too long, his wind up is still too slow, his decision making is slow and questionable, he's still not stepping up in the pocket. He can play well in spells, but simply can't maintain it throughout a game. The offense will continue to stutter until he improves...although after five years, you've really got to wonder if he's capable of making that step up.

Bickering over were they in prevent or not is pointless and really misses the bigger, more important, point. The fact is two poor decisions by Campbell led to the Giants scoring 14 points that turned out to be decisive. He managed to find some consistency on what turned out to be the final drive of the of game for the skins. However, overall his level of performance throughout the game was, as it has been for the last five years, very erratic' he's still making the same (costly) mistakes that he was five years ago. He still holds on to the ball too long, his wind up is still too slow, his decision making is slow and questionable, he's still not stepping up in the pocket. He can play well in spells, but simply can't maintain it throughout a game. The offense will continue to stutter until he improves...although after five years, you've really got to wonder if he's capable of making that step up.

I agree but even if Campbell turns into Warren Moon overnight,with the way Corn calls plays it wont help at all...:chair:Corn is too conservative for any NFL QB period:doh:

Because you don't know the difference I am supposed to see it your way?

It was a prevent D. If it wasn't then tell me why it wasn't.

I posted the video earlier in this thread. The Giants, on that drive, were playing man to man, cover one with a blitz, cover two with a jam on the receivers. Now can you explain to me how that is prevent D?

i too would like to know exactly why it wasnt a prevent. 1 guy blitzing doesnt make it not a prevent.

http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/2009091310/2009/REG1/redskins@giants/watch

Again... start at 2:44

First play: Man to man. Receivers run their men off and Campbell runs for 16.

Second play: Zone blitz. Campbell throws perfect pass between 2 defenders in SHORT zones.

Third play: Cover two press. Campbell reads the D and hits streaking Cooley before safety can close. Note: Notice the receivers get jammed so Cooley is the only deep threat therefor the safeties would have squeezed if Campbell doesn't make the throw when he does.

You tell me how that's prevent D.

ok, lets just say for a second that the giants werent in a prevent defense, and that they actually were trying to stop us.

whats the point?

The point is once we stopped going run, run, screen and started spreading out the field and attacking what was blatantly the Giants' defense, we moved the ball.

Even before the end of the game, we were moving the ball well against them when we were passing. If it wasn't for the three Plays of the Week (Randle El dance show, stripped ball for TD, stupidest INT ever) we probably win that game. We were moving the ball very well through the air, averaging over 12 yards per completion.

On the other hand, after the very first play of the game, we were averaging .8 yards per rush. Good decision to play right into the strength of the defense instead of attacking their ridiculously weak secondary, Zorn.

I posted the video earlier in this thread. The Giants, on that drive, were playing man to man, cover one with a blitz, cover two with a jam on the receivers. Now can you explain to me how that is prevent D?

There wasn't a single damn jam by a cornerback on that entire drive. Are you attempting to blatantly lie to make a point (meaning you're a compulsive liar)... or are you legally blind or simply stupid?

Those are the only options.

You're problem is.... you believe a "prevent" is a cover 4 look with everybody 20 yards off the line of scrimmage. That's the only problem.

The Redskins weren't getting 8 yards a play or longer... on every STINKIN' play... while completing EVERY STINKIN' play... because the Giants were playing man-to-man.

The Giants were playing DEEP zones... end of story. It's not even up for discussion.

If you don't recognize that... shut off the computer... and go coach football with a reputable coach and learn the sport. Then we'll talk.

Exactly. This got me wondering.

If that donkey didn't fumble the last kick off, wouldn't that last drive brady put together and threw his 1st td be considered garbage time? I mean they were down 2 scores with less than 3 minutes. Thats just stat padding right?

Stop it!... BLC said dont mention Brady and Campbell in the same thread. Cant you read? ;)

It doesnt matter that Brady got lucky enough for the other team to fumble the kick off and we didnt :(

Archived