Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Defense is FINE

hailskins11

A lot of people are acting as if we have a horrible D. They let up 16 points in a game that most like is as bad of a performance that they can have. All of that happened after our offense got them in a massive T.O.P hole.

I also thought Haynesworth showed his ability yesterday.

My worries are focused on play calling and QB.

Wait, what? They were a third and short and a fourth and short from coughing up two TDs. No pass rush despite a new 100 million dollar man and a pass rushing rookie.

Landry doing stupid stuff and missing tackles. Hall stinking it up.

The ceiling for this D with all the talent it has now is higher than it was last year, and you're fine if they don't reach it and stay on last year's level despite putting in so many resources to improving it?

We don't need the defense to be fine. We need it to be great.

#4 + DPOY + Rak should = a top unit that teams are scared to play. No team will be scared to play the skins D after watching that tape. Will they game plan to run to certain areas??? yeah big whoop teams plan to run away from pat williams as well... who cares. They need to step it up as a unit.

Wait, what? They were a third and short and a fourth and short from coughing up two TDs. No pass rush despite a new 100 million dollar man and a pass rushing rookie.

Landry doing stupid stuff and missing tackles. Hall stinking it up.

The ceiling for this D with all the talent it has now is higher than it was last year, and you're fine if they don't reach it and stay on last year's level despite putting in so many resources to improving it?

While I agree we need more of a pass rush, we had a much stronger rush than last year and last time I checked, that is most likely the BEST O-Line in the NFL.

We got to Eli, we just could not close the deal.

the defense is not the problem at all. not even close. if it wasnt for some blown tackles, the giants kick 4 field goals. and even with the TD, they scored 16. cant ask for anymore than that.

The tackling was atrocious, the play undisciplined, and the coverage suspect. I am not sure how you can say the defense is not the problem. Sure, it is not the ONLY problem, and it probably isn't the main problem, but it is a problem.

I agree that the defense is fine. In this day of football, if a team holds the other team to only 16 pts on offense, that's a good day. I still would like to see a bit more of a pass rush along with some more blitzes, but overall, it was a solid B rating.

The offense needs to do their job and start scoring. Take away the last minute td and the field goal off the pick and we scored a lousy 7 pts. It's like a broken record over the last couple years.

I would be lying if I said I was "perfectly fine" with our Defense's performance yesterday, considering how many times we put the Giants in 3rd & long, yet the giants were able to convert.

I still contend that the scheme that Blache has our defense play is the achilles heel. We have playmakers on our defense, but they are often put out of position to make plays.

If the Giants have a 3rd & 7, then why are our corners playing ten yards off the line of scrimmage? Any QB will see this and adjust the routes in order to take advantage.

The cover 2/zone coverage scheme does have it's place in certain situations, but it seems that is all we EVER use and it seems to hurt us as much as it helps us.

With all that said though, I still think the defense is not the main problem. The offense is really the "work in progress"

A lot of people are acting as if we have a horrible D. They let up 16 points in a game that most like is as bad of a performance that they can have. All of that happened after our offense got them in a massive T.O.P hole.

it takes two to tango, don't forget the defense failed to stop the giants on third downs allowing them to eat up the clock. And poor tackling gave Manningham a big TD play.

both offense and defense played better in the 2nd half... but where in too deep a hole to climb out

the defense is not the problem at all. not even close. if it wasnt for some blown tackles, the giants kick 4 field goals. and even with the TD, they scored 16. cant ask for anymore than that.

Nobody wants to get in the way of your campaign on how bad our Offense is. We know this we are not going to become the Patriots any time soon so give it up. Our hope of being a solid team this year rest on a dominate defense (Which we were not close to being yesterday)

the D might be fine, but they did not play like it yesterday... we led the league in forcing 3 and outs last year... in the first quarter we gave our offense one series to work with... it's one thing to hold a team to field goals, but not if it amounts to 8 minute drives when you're on a team with an O that can't score to save their life...

I agree that the defense is fine. In this day of football, if a team holds the other team to only 16 pts on offense, that's a good day. I still would like to see a bit more of a pass rush along with some more blitzes, but overall, it was a solid B rating.

The offense needs to do their job and start scoring. Take away the last minute td and the field goal off the pick and we scored a lousy 7 pts. It's like a broken record over the last couple years.

Coughing up a 7:19 minute drive in the first quarter of the game is not fine.

Burning a timeout on defense is not fine.

Unecessary roughness for late hit out of bounds is not fine.

Missing multiple tackles is not fine.

Nobody wants to get in the way of your campaign on how bad our Offense is. We know this we are not going to become the Patriots any time soon so give it up. Our hope of being a solid team this year rest on a dominate defense (Which we were not close to being yesterday)

keep hoping then. blache does not run a pressure scheme, anyone who follows this team knows it.

if youre hoping for us to be the steelers or ravens, might as well sleep until the draft cause it aint happening.

Archived