Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Defense is FINE

hailskins11

The defense showed up for the most part. My big issues with the D was:

1) poor tackling in the secondary. There were too many instances where people were trying to hit the carrier instead of making the sure tackle. I thought I was watching a high school game out there.

2) The CUSHION that the DBs were giving them was absolutely maddening. I honestly don't understand why they play 8 yards off of the man on a 3rd and 8. All the G men had to do was run some comeback routes after they ran the man off the spot or a few slant and sluggos and they were beat every time.

The tackling was atrocious, the play undisciplined, and the coverage suspect. I am not sure how you can say the defense is not the problem. Sure, it is not the ONLY problem, and it probably isn't the main problem, but it is a problem.

Tackling was terrible...saying that, if this is a low point and I think it's as poor as our defense will play, we are ok. The terrible tackling is the difference in holding them to 10 points or 16 which could change the outcome of the game. DHALL was very disappointing.

Archived