Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Kanye West = Rudeness and Reaction

Dan T.

I love the justification of an assclown. Never ceases to amaze me. Makes me worry about the future for my children when people rationalize an ignorant persons behavior because they're talented.

If his worthless ass lost his voice tomorrow and never made another song I wouldn't lose a wink of sleep. He's a waste of oxygen. But it's okay, give him a computer and a mixer and he can make a fart sound like a symphony! So that gives him a free pass to be an ingorant POS.

Errr... don't you think that's a tad overboard for something stupid that happened at the MTV Music Awards?

As for Kanye... it's been done. And ODB did it better.

I for one think his new Power remix is hot.

I like the original version better.

The thing about this Taylor Swift/VMA nonsense is that it really doesn't matter in the end (besides the obvious fact that it's about something that happened during the extraordinarily irrelevant VMAs I mean).

People who don't listen to Kanye or already didn't like him, weren't going to be pleased with what he did. People who already listened to Kanye, and knew what he was about, by and large, didn't care.

Personally, I think his ego is out of control but I'm still going to listen to his new music, because that's just who the guy is and it's part of what his music stand out.

Yeah...that's not really what was going on at all. But I'm sure you have a good view up there on your soapbox, so keep going if you want.

I think you're full of it personally. If it would have been another Hip-hop artist who beat Beyonce out he would have never gotten up there and acted like an ass. I put money on it. He was pissed that a "country" artist beat out the beloved queen of hip-hop.

Sure that's my opinion, but saying "that's not really what was going on at all" is merely your opinion. They're like ass holes right?

Anyway, I have a question for you, have you ever heard Kanye sing without all the machines making him sound good? Serious question? Until I watched Diddy's Making the Band I had no idea just how terrible his vocals, but once the magic music machine went to work he sounded good. Is Kanye in the same boat?

When was the last time you saw Kanye sing live, without the track being looped in the background? Just wondering.

I for one think his new Power remix is hot.

I have to agree. Honestly, I was ready to hate on the remix when I saw that Swizz Beatz would be working on it as well. I thought it would be nothing but bells/whistles cause that's his M.O. Anyways, when the "Snap" sample came on, I was blown. It was a BRILLIANT touch to the song. The remix was done proper, and I think it's better than the original....

Kanye is not a "singer" he is a rapper.

So your vocals don't have to be pleasing to the ear to be a rapper? When you rap its okay to lip sync or sing over a previously recorded track that's been altered to sound good? I'm just asking, because I'm trying to figure out how Kanye became the annointed one in the music industry.

This situation with Kanye and the crap he pulled at the music awards is a perfect example of what's wrong with our society. We reationalize a person being an ass hole because they're talented. We do the same thing with athletes. We allow them to be ass holes because their physical gifts make it okay. I've seen it rationalized on this board time and time again.

Even in this thread, you people are rationalizing Kanye taking a shot at an 18 year old artist who has done nothing wrong except write her own music, play an instrument, perform "live" and bridge the gap between country and pop music. She didn't beg MTV to give her the award, she didn't throw anybody under the bus and was humble and gracious. What a tough guy Kanye is.

So your vocals don't have to be pleasing to the ear to be a rapper? When you rap its okay to lip sync or sing over a previously recorded track that's been altered to sound good? I'm just asking, because I'm trying to figure out how Kanye became the annointed one in the music industry.

This situation with Kanye and the crap he pulled at the music awards is a perfect example of what's wrong with our society. We reationalize a person being an ass hole because they're talented. We do the same thing with athletes. We allow them to be ass holes because their physical gifts make it okay. I've seen it rationalized on this board time and time again.

Even in this thread, you people are rationalizing Kanye taking a shot at an 18 year old artist who has done nothing wrong except write her own music, play an instrument, perform "live" and bridge the gap between country and pop music. She didn't beg MTV to give her the award, she didn't throw anybody under the bus and was humble and gracious. What a tough guy Kanye is.

What does it matter that it was Swift, that she writes her own music, play an instrument, perform "live" and bridge the gap between country and pop.

If it had been anyone else being interrupted, it still would have been a dick move.

I think you're full of it personally. If it would have been another Hip-hop artist who beat Beyonce out he would have never gotten up there and acted like an ass. I put money on it. He was pissed that a "country" artist beat out the beloved queen of hip-hop.

Sure that's my opinion, but saying "that's not really what was going on at all" is merely your opinion. They're like ass holes right?

Anyway, I have a question for you, have you ever heard Kanye sing without all the machines making him sound good? Serious question? Until I watched Diddy's Making the Band I had no idea just how terrible his vocals, but once the magic music machine went to work he sounded good. Is Kanye in the same boat?

When was the last time you saw Kanye sing live, without the track being looped in the background? Just wondering.

This is what you said a couple of posts back:

What you have is a group of people, mainly the hip hop community, who underestimate the fanbase of country music and it's current acceptance among mainstream America.

You're turning what Kanye did into some statement from the "hip hop community" against a country musician. You're creating some bigger issue where there isn't one outside of your own speculation.

Kanye is really good friends with Jay-Z and Beyonce. Beyonce (who did have the much more creative video, which is besides the bigger point with his ultimate actions, but it is worth noting) lost, so drunken Kanye got up on stage to rant about it because he was pissed for his friend. Because it was the MTV VMAs and nobody really takes it seriously as a respectful awards event. It was incredibly stupid of him, of course.

But you're turning it into some larger picture about hip hop trying to deny country's place in mainstream America. It just doesn't make any sense.

And to answer your question- I saw Kanye live in Atlanta and he sang part of a song called "Hey Mama" a cappella for the first verse and chorus. Was it great? No. It wasn't terrible either, just pretty average. But he's a rapper, so who cares? Nobody listens to him expecting him to show off a several octave range.

Are you one of those "can't spell 'crap' without 'rap'" people?

Archived