Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Let's Hit Restart Yet Again

skins4eva

We need to hit the button. Zorn is so in over his head, it's not even funny. His playcalling is atrocious. The only think worse is #17. He cannot be our QB for the rest of the season. I'll just stop watching games. What I saw out there today was one of the most embarrassing displays of quarterbacking I have ever seen in my life. He still, after 4 full seasons looks completely lost out there. He still has zero field vision and pocket presence. His mechanics are still the worst in the league. Something has to give here.

On defense--Blache's schemes remind me of when we had that D-coordinator under Spurrier. I'm blanking on his name now, but it was the guy before G. Williams (who we should have kept by the way)--with the talent on our D, there is no reason why we shouldn't be smothering teams. He ran the same basic defense on about 80% of the snaps today. Landry 30 yrds off the ball, with Hall and Rogers giving their usual 10 yard cushion. We can't play bump and run and make a QB hold the ball????? We can't jam the giants pathetic receivers at the LOS?

My god, when will Snyder finally get a clue and hire competent people and stop running this franchise into the ground?????

What really irked me about todays game was.. we run the ball for 34 yards on the first play... then call a horrible fake reverse... F THAT! run the same play again until they stop it... it was way too early in the game to call something like that.

Then when we stopped them on 4th down deep in our end.. we run it 3 straight times while they stacked the line, KNOWING we were going to run it... at least try a deep play action pass once there to try and beat them deep!! :doh:

Campbell made numerous mistakes today as well.. the one fumble return for a TD.. if he takes on step forward, no fumble.

Then later in the game it was obvious they were faking a blitz between Samuels and Dockery.. Jason sees this and audibles a run right into where they were blitzing over on Heyers side :doh: Hey Jason i could see it on tv.. but you couldnt see that in the game? :doh:

What really irked me about todays game was.. we run the ball for 34 yards on the first play... then call a horrible fake reverse... F THAT! run the same play again until they stop it... it was way too early in the game to call something like that.

Then when we stopped them on 4th down deep in our end.. we run it 3 straight times while they stacked the line, KNOWING we were going to run it... at least try a deep play action pass once there to try and beat them deep!! :doh:

Campbell made numerous mistakes today as well.. the one fumble return for a TD.. if he takes on step forward, no fumble.

Then later in the game it was obvious they were faking a blitz between Samuels and Dockery.. Jason sees this and audibles a run right into where they were blitzing over on Heyers side :doh: Hey Jason i could see it on tv.. but you couldnt see that in the game? :doh:

That one playcall turned the course of the game. It was terrible. The combo of Zorn and Campbell will ruin this team. But, let's not let the defense off. We have all the talent on D, but no scheme. We don't dictate, we let the offense dictate to us. Terrible, terrible. The coaching (besides Danny Smith) gets an F. I'll be happy when Zorn is out of here and we have a real head coach.

George Edwards

Blache reminds me of him. We basically run a defense less complicated than USC's with zero adjustments to anything other than the D-lineman whom he loves to rotate. We could have the best D in the NFL and actually create real havoc out there.

But, with Zorn and Campbell, what's the point? I'm giving Campbell until week 4, after that, he will be benched.

if we do blow it up, vinny needs to be included

I actually don't think he has been terrible...lately. However, what we really need is a head coach who will stand up to snyder and bring a culture of winning. We also need a good coordinators. It's just comical at this point. Snyder and Cerrato hired Zorn as an offensive coordinator, before they hired a head coach????? What kind of f-uped franchise does that? We are a joke.

I'm not ready to give up on Blache yet.

Coaching last years squad to a 4th place finish with NO help from the offense was no mean feat. Today's tackling was atrocious but that is on the players, not Blache. He tried multiple times to blitz but Manning proved that he is a good QB with a quick read and decent escapability. Manning also made some broken plays that were lucky and some throws that were uncanny. These too cannot be blamed on Blache. And let's not forget that their O-Line is pretty damn good.

Today's defensive short-comings were almost all on the DB's.

:helmet:

I'm not ready to give up on Blache yet.

Coaching last years squad to a 4th place finish with NO help from the offense was no mean feat. Today's tackling was atrocious but that is on the players, not Blache. He tried multiple times to blitz but Manning proved that he is a good QB with a quick read and decent escapability. Manning also made some broken plays that were lucky and some throws that were uncanny. These too cannot be blamed on Blache. And let's not forget that their O-Line is pretty damn good.

Today's defensive short-comings were almost all on the DB's.

:helmet:

And who's asking the DBs to play 10 yrds off and never jam the receivers, thereby slowing down their routes and letting our pass rush get to manning? Who's call is that? I'll answer it for you--it's Blache.

I don't think too much can be laid on the defense today. They allowed 13 points to a legitimate SB contender, created two turnovers, gave the offense at least one short field, were constantly on the field due to our inept offense, and had a great goal line stand.

Agreed. The defense was more than adequate.

The offense was fine too, except for the playcalling and QB. That was supposed to sound more positive but just didn't. Oye. Reality.

I agree, it was the wrong point in the game to call that. Let Campbell throw the ball early and get in a rhythm. But I'll let Zorn get away with that because the field goal fake was absolutely perfect.

I absolutely disagree here. Never in a million years would we have had enough time to get a play-action pass off. It was the right call to run it and punt it and live to fight another day. We were on our own 1.

That wasn't his fault, that was all Samuels. Only bad quarterbacks watch the rush, especially from spots that aren't supposed to be a weakness in their protection. Samuels just got crushed by the speed rush and he needs to do better than that. The INT was just a terrible play on Campbell's part but he wasn't at fault for the fumble. Sure he was a little slow throwing the ball, but every QB in the league would have fumbled that ball in that situation.

They did blitz that play. We don't know what the call was originally but it was probably a bad one and they had little time and it was way to loud to get a new play in. It was probably a good call to change it to a run and avoid another costly turnover, because that would have absolutely killed us.

I'm not criticizing the defense--but they could be great but for the coaching. The offense is a total and complete joke.

Were we watching the same game? The defense played way below their level today. The guys who are supposed to be our shiny new stars all looked average to bad. Hall made a lot of costly errors, Haynesworth couldn't do a lot in the passing game, Orakpo was absolutely invisible and Landry miscued a couple of times at important spots. IMO only Fletcher, Carter, and Rogers had really good games and Griffin too maybe.

The offense got like 9 freaking plays before the final possession of the first half and one of those drives started on our own 1. You can't blame them for that. It was our defenses inability to get off the damn field that gave the Giants such a commanding lead.

I don't think too much can be laid on the defense today. They allowed 13 points to a legitimate SB contender, created two turnovers, gave the offense at least one short field, were constantly on the field due to our inept offense, and had a great goal line stand.

That Giants offense isn't all that great. If we had an elite defense we would have been able to shut them down better.

The Giants dominated our defense in the first half. We had 3 possessions outside of the two minute offense at the end of the first half. 1 of those was a lost cause from the get go because it started on the 1 or 2. It's the same story as last year, the defense allows long clutch runs and completions when it absolutely has to make a stop. I don't know what the issue is. The Manningham TD was not something an elite defense would allow and Steve Smith's long 3rd down catch was a backbreaker that was Deangelo Hall's fault. Rogers looked pretty good (that illegal contact call was bull****) but our secondary needs to stop underachieving and play up to their ability. I love what Landry did defending the run, but God if he doesn't make some infuriatingly bone-headed mistakes. Our pressure wasn't terrible but you'd hope it would be excellent given how much we invested in the positional group this off season. There is a lot of room for improvement.

Archived