Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

This isn't about ONE game people...(Merged)

BleedinBurgNGold

So, our first game is against an NFCE rival at their home...and we're supposed to have a cake walk?

You guys need to study the NFCE a bit closer.

I don't think anyone was saying that it should have been a cake walk or even a win. We justed wanted to see a team compete. While the defense held of their end of the deal (after some horrid play in the first half) the offense looked quite mundane and predictable.

So, our first game is against an NFCE rival at their home...and we're supposed to have a cake walk?

Its not the cake walk factor

It is looking like a competent respectable team that can really compete with high level teams.

The Giants were in full control the entire game. Even when there was a chance to at least change momentum and make it real interesting (Hall's INT) the Giants got the momentum back by stuffing the O 3 straight plays

Immediately after that sequence, the Giants get the ball back, hold the ball, march down the field, kick a FG and take a 10 point lead

I felt the exact same way.

it's the same crap we've been watching week after week forever.

And JC's numbers are way better than he actually performed...

go ahead and count the garbage TD at the end of the game when NY knew they had it locked up if you want too...

fact is... our offense scored 3 real points the whole game.

I don't think anyone was saying that it should have been a cake walk or even a win. We justed wanted to see a team compete. While the defense held of their end of the deal (after some horrid play in the first half) the offense looked quite mundane and predictable.

There actually were some pretty good things in the game. We had a pick and a fumble recovery...almost two picks (CR dropped one...).

The running game stalled, but that was expected. I'm disappointed we stayed with it for so long. JC in the shotgun is almost unstoppable...maybe someone will see that in the film.

Special teams looked better.

The pass rush should excel against a team that gets away with holding better than most in the NFL.

Lots to be optimistic about.

For me, the head coach is the question mark. I also think Moss needs to get his head in the game or spend some time on the bench.

I felt the exact same way.

it's the same crap we've been watching week after week forever.

And JC's numbers are way better than he actually performed...

go ahead and count the garbage TD at the end of the game when NY knew they had it locked up if you want too...

fact is... our offense scored 3 real points the whole game.

That wasn't a 'garbage' TD...ask Coughlin.

We recover that onside kick, and Coughlin would have a stroke.

It was a nice pass to Cooley...lots of nice passes in that drive.

Its not the loss, its more how they lost to the giants. It seemed like the redskins were still in preseason mode. The same problems from last year are still there and everyone expected to see something different. Campbell being in his second year in the offense and still having problems with his reads, or holding on to the ball. Zorn's play calling is questionable.

Yes its the gaints and the game was in NY but that first half was UGLY

You mean the NFCE that the Skins have won once in the last 18 years? Law of averages would have to give you almost 4 winners in 18 years.

His post was accurate in that once again, our NFCE opponent dictated the style and tempo of the game. Specifically, in games vs the Giants, the Skins are always playing catch-up. It's been that way for what seems like eons (save the Todd Collins game a couple of years ago).

Good teams re-invent themselves continuously. But, as Skins fans, we never see that. I feel like I've watched the same offense for most of the last 10 years now. And it hasn't been a good 10 years either.

Best thread of the season so far. The Redskins haven't changed a bit.

1. Campbell is still a dumb guy. Plain and simple, he's simple.

2. We still line up our CBs in a place where they can't compete for the ball.

3. We still don't block for the run or tackle the opposing run. Enjoy the season of more mediocrity.

Never really in control of the game, letting the opponent dictate the tempo, style and pace.

Self destruction at the wrong times.

Bone-headed penalties and wasted time outs that make you wonder if the coaches and players are on the same page.

Disappointment in new, high profile players that you expected to be a lot better.

Seemingly "in it" just enough to have you expect more.

As for me personally as a fan, I think at the end of this season it's time to blow up this roster and organizational structure. Yeah, I'm ready to go there after "just one game" because it's a game I've seen over and over and over. And I don't believe that it's building to anything new or good.

My sentiments exactly. There's nothing else I can say.

A "cake walk"? Who said anything about a "cake walk"? No -- a plain ole win would be nice thank you.

I'm gonna guess I know the NFCE as well as you do, in fact I guarantee that. Sure, the NFCE is a tough division but this has more to do with fielding a team that can play at a high level regardless of the team you're facing, but especially against division rivals. Divisional games are like gold and the most important games on the schedule, and losing them sucks big time. I hate, hate, hate it.

Just proves my point once again -- The expectations of what a great NFL team (what the Redskins should be) has actually dropped steadily over the past 15 years for the majority of Skins fans. Excuse making, finding any reason so say something positive about overall mediocre-average play, etc. Embarrassing. The Washington Redskins used to be an elite team (82-92) that other teams feared and respected. That is all gone now.

Culture of losing and Me First players.

This should be placed on a banner hanging on the facade of Redskins Park. This is the Redskins of a Decade.

Players who believe they are better than they are. Portis, Sellers, Samuels, Moss. They simply are average players on other teams... but their Redskins "stars".

The Culture of Losing starts at the top with Snyder... and filters all the way down to the interns. Snyder, meddlesome owner. Cerrato, an NFL "inside" joke. Zorn, over his head. Etc..etc..etc.

Anyone think a Cowher led team exhibits the kind of unemotional, overmatched, outcoached, weak effort in Week 1 versus a division rival? Tomlin? Reid?

This should be placed on a banner hanging on the facade of Redskins Park. This is the Redskins of a Decade.

Players who believe they are better than they are. Portis, Sellers, Samuels, Moss. They simply are average players on other teams... but their Redskins "stars".

The Culture of Losing starts at the top with Snyder... and filters all the way down to the interns. Snyder, meddlesome owner. Cerrato, an NFL "inside" joke. Zorn, over his head. Etc..etc..etc.

Anyone think a Cowher led team exhibits the kind of unemotional, overmatched, outcoached, weak effort in Week 1 versus a division rival? Tomlin? Reid?

Best post EVER!

I don't hear Moss and Samuels bragging very often. Samuels has been a very good player.

Archived