Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

This isn't about ONE game people...(Merged)

BleedinBurgNGold

:wtf: are you talking about

it was far from a great outing but it was definitely improvement over last season.

we scored more points than both games combined. The defense held the Giants offense to 16 points including a goal line stand.

we got some sacks and turnovers. Campbell's stats we're better than either game last year.

and if we get the onside kick we had a chance to win unlike last year when we were out of it by early in the game.

I am more worried about how the defense plays prevent. When their backs are against the wall and they have to make a play, they do it. Third and one, the defense is awesome. But third and eight or twelve, the defense goes into prevent and allows a first down uncontested.

My problem with the offense is that they are not crisp and precise. It takes too long for the plays to develop. By the time Campbell looks at all the receivers and picks the one to throw to, he is in trouble. It also looks as though their running plays take too long to develop. By the time the RB gets to the line of scrimmage, the defense has more than enough time to key in on the runner.

And our playing calling on bothsides of the ball sucked. Campbell should have just thrown the ball away if not do a dink and dunk instead of hanging on to the ball for someone deep to get open.

That strip fumble TD was all Heyer's fault for not being able to tackle Osi.

We hear about he needs to be in the same offense for two years in a row. check

He needs to step up in the pocket. That's one of Zorn's drills. Check

But you can't teach pocket presence, or feeling the rush.

The guy can't throw a fade route so that's out as a redzone option. No matter how many Anthony Mix types we bring in here.

The guy has talent but he's also got peanut butter between his ears when it comes to quick decision making.

let's be honest. We're all pissed because we expected to see a brand new team out there today. What we saw was a gameplan and a team going on 5 or 6 years old now. Even if we would've somehow gotten that onside kick and marched down the field to win the game I don't think any of us would have us hoisting the Lombardi after watching what transpired today. We're all just tired of this crap. It's not getting any better, it's not getting any worse; it's staying medium...staying mediocre. IF we beat the Rams...great....but they're the Rams. I want to see us beat the elite, show that we're a real team by actually beating a contender on the road in a game that counts (and to me, today counted...a LOT).

the sooner we rebuild this organization the CORRECT way the sooner we can see some progress. We think patching things up the fast way with free agents is going to work but we need to blow this thing up traditionally or we'll never get anywhere. Until then, it's like we're just renovating a restaurant and keeping the crappy ass food the same.

Look I admit I didn't watch it I had to listen to it on the radio, but from what I heard we were only about 5 plays from winning this thing. And the players were admitting to their mistakes in the game. I think the real problem today was the defense and how were playing so far away from receivers. Overall I think the offense was good, not great, but they were not horrible.

Jason C. is the ONLY one who still cannot admit to mistakes. Its always about "WE have to cut out our mistakes" and "WE need to do a better job".

Campbell simply cannot accept responsibilty for fumbles, interceptions, and penalties. (like throwing across the line of scrimmage) or mis reading plays calling a horrible give up running play audible on 3rd and 8. He is not a leader and he is still the slowest cornerback in the NFL mentally.

I am more worried about how the defense plays prevent. When their backs are against the wall and they have to make a play, they do it. Third and one, the defense is awesome. But third and eight or twelve, the defense goes into prevent and allows a first down uncontested.

My problem with the offense is that they are not crisp and precise. It takes too long for the plays to develop. By the time Campbell looks at all the receivers and picks the one to throw to, he is in trouble. It also looks as though their running plays take too long to develop. By the time the RB gets to the line of scrimmage, the defense has more than enough time to key in on the runner.

exactly how many teams played like that against the Giants in the meadowlands the past couple years?

the is no question we need to improve in a lot of areas against the Giants, but lets not pretend we didn't show some improvements from last game 1.

but lets see how we progress from now until we play them again.

the giants are clearly our nemesis, and toughest challenge

exactly how many teams played like that against the Giants in the meadowlands the past couple years?

the is no question we need to improve in a lot of areas against the Giants, but lets not pretend we didn't show some improvements from last game 1.

but lets see how we progress from now until we play them again.

the giants are clearly our nemesis, and toughest challenge

Bubba, did you see a different game plan today that gives you hope for the future? Sure we will probably beat the Rams, Lions, Bucs (hopefully), etc. But, aren't teams judged based on the level of talent played? I think we have the talent, I just don't think we have the gameplan.

The problem isn't the loss. It's the dashed expectation that JC being in the same system for two years would result in NFL caliber passing plays. Its Moss having 2 catches for 6 yards against a team missing two starting DBs. Its Kelly, Thomas and Davis combining for 6 yards. It's Portis looking old and slow. One sack.

I like you're post, so please allow me to add another point.

It's getting an interception return to the 11 yard line and NOT being able to punch it in. And KNOWING that we're not going to punch it in.

I look at this way, the offense finally got into a rhythm, yeah it may have been near the end of the game, but hey maybe that will carry over to the next game, and the defense only gave up one touchdown! It was the first game that all the starters got to play more than 5 min with each other... You guys call yourself fans and you are already talking **** about them and wanting to fire this person and that one... Don't sound like die hard fans to me!!! HTTR!

Well...this time last year we were on our way to 6-2....

Come on man, this time last year we were discussing a week one loss to the Giants, just like were are now. As far as we knew we weren't on our way to jack.

I think the team's going to be alright though. There were flashes of good........but flashes won't win you a game unfortunately.

The Giants are a great team. I m not pushing the panic button yet. If they lose to the rams or god forbid, the Lions?!!! Then I really be pushing the chicken little button for sure.

This was a game that I did not think that they were going to win. I was hoping that they would win, but I knew that the Giants have a playoff/championship caliber team. We are trying to get there. The season is a marathon, not a sprint. Wait until after the next couple of weeks to really start worrying, IMO.

:wtf: are you talking about

it was far from a great outing but it was definitely improvement over last season.

we scored more points than both games combined. The defense held the Giants offense to 16 points including a goal line stand.

we got some sacks and turnovers. Campbell's stats we're better than either game last year.

and if we get the onside kick we had a chance to win unlike last year when we were out of it by early in the game.

Campbell's stats

game 1, '08

15/27, 55.6%, 133 yards, 4.9 YPA,, 1 TD, 0 int, 1 sack, 81.2 QBR

game 2, '08

23/38, 60.5%, 232 yards, 6.1 YPA,, 0 TD, 1 int, 4 sack, 67.0 QBR

game 1, '09

17/23, 73.1%, 211 yards, 8.1 YPA,, 1 TD, 1 int, 2 sack, 93.6 QBR

2-7 last 9 starts good luck with yourqb cause he is not mine

Jason C. is the ONLY one who still cannot admit to mistakes. Its always about "WE have to cut out our mistakes" and "WE need to do a better job"..

Yeah, "we" do make mistakes, review the post game comments by JC again (about 2:30 min. into the interview) when he does "put in on me".

Frankly though, I don't see any significance in fact that he does acknowledge his own mistakes, there were plenty enough to go around in this loss to be considered "we".

The Giants are a great team. I m not pushing the panic button yet. If they lose to the rams or god forbid, the Lions?!!! Then I really be pushing the chicken little button for sure.

This was a game that I did not think that they were going to win. I was hoping that they would win, but I knew that the Giants have a playoff/championship caliber team. We are trying to get there. The season is a marathon, not a sprint. Wait until after the next couple of weeks to really start worrying, IMO.

All good points, but at some point you have to set your standards higher and, if you can't beat the top teams, at least show that you can keep up with them. We didn't seriously threaten the Giants today.

I think a lot of the frustration also does have somewhat to do with our upcoming easy slate. While it'll be nice to (hopefully) rack up wins against the likes of the Rams, Lions, and Bucs, I sense that there's still going to be lingering unease until we show we can beat some highly regarded teams, like we did with the games against Dallas and Philly last year.

As far as the talk about how our performance vs NY has improved.....its not too hard to go from very crappy to somewhat crappy.

If we lose.. we lose.. But the manner in which we lost today says that we are no different than we were last year. How? Because last year at this time we lost the EXACT same way! It's like we have not shown any progress. Everyone sucked. JC, Zorn, Blache everyone. If we lost but showed improvement from a year ago thats one thing.. but that is not the case.

well all you have said is what we have all said from the first post of this pathetic game to right now.

Blaches bend but don't break defense began the game allowing a long drive for a score. And our offense is impotent because our receivers are open but the QB cannot find the open guy but instead throws to Moss who is busy talking and arguing and fighting with his corner. Moss is also not running out his patterns. WHY IS OUR FASTEST RECEIVER RUNNING 4-8 YARD ROUTES ALL DAY.

He should be downfield all day long. Sooner or later the corner will get tired or fall down.

I just hope that Blache kills that secondary for their inability to tackle. So many extra yards were given up that didn't have to be.

Landry has to learn to wrap up and tackle instead of constantly trying for the knockout shot. Watching him launch himself at a ball carrier and whiff is just sad.

The Quarterback is the most important position on a football team period. You can win occasionally without a good QB but in order to be successful you have to have that franchise guy. Franchise QB and Jason Campbell do not go together, people have been making excuses for this guy for 2 years now. He had his chance and he is obviously not up to the challenge. All I heard last year was the defense never gave him a short field, he had to drive 80 yards and you can’t do that all the time. Well the D gave him the ball on a really short field, and we got 3 plays for 2 yards and a field goal. Campbell just can’t read and react fast enough to be competent at this level. I guess Gibbs should have paid more attention to the 13 he scored on his wonderlic IQ test. He has all the physical tools to be a dominate QB but a pea brain controlling everything. Campbell wont even be in the league when the Skins finally cut him, heck Denver chose Kyle Orton over him, nuff said.

Campbell needs to be pulled but he wont be.

We play a bunch of garbage teams for a while so we will probably be 4-2 at worst, Campbell will get another season then late in the year it will be just like last year.

Wasn't this my prediction well before this one game? Yep, it surely was. We will be lucky to go 9-7 with this weak schedule. The Giants weren't good the Redskins just suck with a Practice Squad level QB being given another chance in his 5th year in the league.

Go watch the Jets game or the 49ers game or the Ravens/Chiefs game. A lot of QB's with this being their first ever year, or 2nd in the league looked much better today than Campbell ever has. He's a career 3rd stringer at best. I wouldn't even want him coming in when the real starter goes down to try to pull out a win because he couldn't handle that either.

Collins is a career backup. He comes in and we win 4 in a row. He'd have won this game too. Don't fool yourselves.

Well...this time last year we were on our way to 6-2....

No, we were on our way to 8-8 and the extension of our tradition of mediocrity. And if today was any indication, then we will continue to be mediocre until major organizational changes are made.

It's like the Skins are cursed.

Never really in control of the game, letting the opponent dictate the tempo, style and pace.

Self destruction at the wrong times.

Bone-headed penalties and wasted time outs that make you wonder if the coaches and players are on the same page.

Disappointment in new, high profile players that you expected to be a lot better.

Seemingly "in it" just enough to have you expect more.

As for me personally as a fan, I think at the end of this season it's time to blow up this roster and organizational structure. Yeah, I'm ready to go there after "just one game" because it's a game I've seen over and over and over. And I don't believe that it's building to anything new or good.

Never really in control of the game, letting the opponent dictate the tempo, style and pace.

Self destruction at the wrong times.

Bone-headed penalties and wasted time outs that make you wonder if the coaches and players are on the same page.

Disappointment in new, high profile players that you expected to be a lot better.

Seemingly "in it" just enough to have you expect more.

As for me personally as a fan, I think at the end of this season it's time to blow up this roster and organizational structure. Yeah, I'm ready to go there after "just one game" because it's a game I've seen over and over and over. And I don't believe that it's building to anything new or good.

LOL...during the game, my brother in law turns to me and asked: Doesn't it feel like we've been watching the same game for the past 10 years? Your post and his statement summed up how i felt about this team.

Archived