Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

What would be a acceptable year from DT and Malcom Kelly?

TheMarionBarberHitman

After watching this preseason, i expect big things out of kelly. I have been a DT suporter since day 1 but since Campbell called him out and Kelly pulled ahead of him, it would take about 40-50 rec and 5-6 Td's from Kelly and 30-40 rec and 4-5 Tds from DT to have faith in their future with the skins.

BTW Long time lurker just signed up:evilg: ive been watching you all.:gaintsuck

As long as the "O" opens up and they can take double teams away from Moss and Cooley, I don't care what they get.

Let's not forget, Moss and Cooley "should" get 80+ receptions a year. I like the idea of spreading the ball around to our "weapons". Randel El had 53 catches and 4 TD's last year, that to mee would be respectable if our #3 chips in with 35-45 and 4+ td's.

We're not going to be going all Cardinals, Saints or Colts on anyone here. We will run the ball and use the TE's we have too.

If our #2 and #3 produce, expect Cooley's numbers to go down. It's the Redzone I want to be fixed, no matter how or who.

Consistency along with productivity is what we need to have.

All I care about is the Redskins having a productive, threatening passing game. How it comes about is just a matter of arranging the chairs. I have no need for or vested interest in seeing a certain level of production from any given player.

Seems to me, though, that, barring injury, Kelly is more ready to produce than Thomas, who may be another season from really "getting it".

If they can collectively produce the same as a solid #1, I would be very happy. I'm looking for over 1,100 yards, 85 receptions, and 7-8 TDs.

To get there, we need protection and Campbell making decisions. If this happens, we would be looking at something like (assuming a little less from Moss and Cooley and much less for ARE, who could focus on PR):

1,100 yards DT/MK (about 140 in 2008)

1,000 yards Moss (about 1050 in 2008)

400 yards ARE (about 600 in 2008)

800 yards Cooley (about 850 in 2008)

500 yards RBs (about 520 in 2008)

200 yards Mitchell, Yoder, Davis, other (about 160 in 2008)

4,000 yard passing season for Campbell.

I would be very happy, and we would have a great team.

Malcolm Kelly - 62 catches 970 yards 5 TD's

Devin Thomas - 49 catches 637 yards 3 TD's

Santana Moss - 78 catches 1,101 yards 7 TD's

ARE - 41 catches 512 yards 1 TD

Chris Cooley - 88 catches 1,178 yards 6 TD's

Marko Mitchell - 17 catches 214 yards 0 TD's

Fred Davis - 26 catches 337 yards 1 TD

There's your stats on your recievers and tight ends. Yes that is 23 TD's for Campbell, not counting a few he will have to the backs. Yup. Im drinking the pre-first game KOOL AID!! HAHA

There's your stats on your recievers and tight ends. Yes that is 23 TD's for Campbell, not counting a few he will have to the backs. Yup. Im drinking the pre-first game KOOL AID!! HAHA

eff the TDs thats like 5000 yards. I don't know if these are my 'expectations', but I damn sure would enjoy it.

LOLOL Just realized this would put Campbell at 4,949 yards recieving with this group alone. Fack it. WHY NOT? :eaglesuck:gaintsuck:dallasuck:point2sky:logo::helmet:

Wow you guys have some high expectations!

Remember that in the first half of 2007 no Redskins wide receiver caught a single touchdown, and in all of 2008 our all-pro tight end only had one.

I'm sure Cooley will have more than 1 TD but I seriously doubt all of our WRs are going to score this year, let alone multiple times.

Moss around 1,200, Kelley around 800-900, Cooley at 700-800, and about 800-900 yards split between Randle-El, Thomas, Mitchell, and the running backs. That would put Campbell somewhere around 220 passing yards per game and under 4,000 on the season which if you think about how much we're probably going to run it, that is a very balanced attack, we just need to throw more touchdowns than last year.

If Moss can catch 8, Kelley can catch 8, Cooley can catch 6, and the rest of them can combine for 4 or so that would total around 26 and I would say that if Campbell can get touchdowns in the mid 20's without a lot of turnovers, Portis can run for 1,500 yards and 10-20 touchdowns easily.

If you really look at the stats from last year, Randle-El had his best receiving year ever and almost reached 600 yards. Moss had close to 1,100, Cooley had about 850. Portis and Betts combined for about 400 yards receiving, and our #3 WR James Thrash had less than 100 yards. Thomas only contributed 120 and Kelley never got to play. If you expect Kelley to be better this season than Randle-El, then you should expect him to eclipse 600 yards, if you think Randle-El with his 600 yards, Devin Thomas, and Marko Mitchell are better than James Thrash you should expect our #3 WR to actually produce this season.

This is how our offense will look at best, lets hope it turns out that way.

All I care about is the Redskins having a productive, threatening passing game. How it comes about is just a matter of arranging the chairs. I have no need for or vested interest in seeing a certain level of production from any given player.

Seems to me, though, that, barring injury, Kelly is more ready to produce than Thomas, who may be another season from really "getting it".

I definitely cosign that.

I'd look at them as a package. If we get the same from Moss and Cooley, and then we get 1,300-1,400 combined yards from Thomas/Kelly, we will be sitting pretty even with a minimal contribution form Randle El, Davis and Mitchell. Now I don't necessarily think we'll get that many yards from them but it would be awesome. We'd have one of the top passing offenses in the league.

The biggest thing I want to see out of them is TDs. I'd like to see MK, DT, MM, & FD combine for 10 TDs. We can probably expect Cooley & Moss to combine for at least 10 TDs of their own, plus maybe 5 between ARE, Yoder, and the backs. That would put JC (+ ARE, if he throws any, lol) in the mid-20s. That might be a little optimistic, but we'll see.

I'd expect at least 500 yard seasons from each. Add that to 1000 yards from Moss, 800 yards from Cooley, 700 yards from ARE, and 300 or so yards from Betts/Portis/Mason, and we've got Campbell looking at almost 4000 yards.

that sounds just about right, but I would rather see MK get the 700 and ARE get the 500. Add in 4-5 TD's for MK.

Devin should/better get at least 500 yards and 3 TD's minimum ...

Archived