Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Week 2 College Football Thread

MattFancy

Not really agreeing with VT dropping all the way to 14.

BYU doesnt deserve the top 10 yet either. If Sam Bradford finishes that game, BYU doesnt win. Moving up 11 spots is ridiculous.

Well, if my aunt had...

The important one is the Coaches' Poll, since that's the one that's part of the B©S:

1Florida (56)1-014721

2Texas (2)1-014072

3USC (1)1-013524

4Alabama1-012995

5Penn State1-011458

6Oklahoma State1-0111411

7Ohio State1-011066

8Mississippi1-0100610

9LSU1-09779

10California1-093512

11Boise State1-080316

12Brigham Young1-075524

13Georgia Tech1-068515

14Oklahoma0-16823

15Virginia Tech0-16337

16TCU0-054317

17Utah1-050318

18Nebraska1-036022

19North Carolina1-035820

20Notre Dame1-033523

21Georgia0-130413

22Miami (FL)1-0276NR

23Cincinnati1-0187NR

24Oregon State1-016925

25Kansas1-0139NR

EDIT: Damn, so is this the Week 2 thread? You stole my thread :cry:

I wonder if LenDale White will take another shot at Ohio State due to this week's showdown in the Horseshoe. Lendale is hilarious.

Lot of interesting games, Mich - ND , USC - OSU. The first few weeks aren't for cupcakes. They're for premiere matchups like these, throw in some OOC opposition and prove yourself against the best.

If the FSU receiver catches the ball they probably go from 18 to 15. It's hard to believe that one dropped pass is the difference in 17 spots on the poll. The rankings are a joke sometimes. There are times when it is appropriate to not drop a team a single spot after they lose.

I agree. Like when a lower ranked teams loses spots because they lost to a team ranked higher than them. Well they were supposed to lose that game, that's why they weren't ranked higher.

FSU beats BYU when they play
Should be an interesting game. Classic match-up of their size versus our speed. Like I said in another thread, I expect a sort of shootout actually- they should be able to pound the ball and push around our d-line, and we should be able to get out there on blocks with our significantly more athletic o-line and let the speed of our skill position guys make big plays.

I don't think it'll be like the Miami game, but it should be a decent back and forth. In the end I just don't know that they have the speed to keep up with these Florida athletes. I'll have to see more on BYU to really determine though.

In the meantime FSU gets to look cool by putting up a million points on Jacksonville State this weekend.

Tennessee should crack the top 25 if they have a commanding win over UCLA. They already received some votes this week. With a solid showing they could start rising.

If they were to somehow beat Florida, they'd definitely shoot up the rankings!

Tennessee should crack the top 25 if they have a commanding win over UCLA. They already received some votes this week. With a solid showing they could start rising.

With the amount of votes Tennessee has compared to the others, they are technically ranked #34 right now. They are not gonna jump 9 spots with a win of any size over UCLA. Not unless a bunch of teams ahead of them lose, and badly. But yeah, beat Florida and it will be a completely different story.

Beat Florida and I'll become the biggest Tennessee fan of all time for that day.

Archived