Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

POLL: Colt Vs. Chase Preseason Stats - Who's #3?

RonYoungEra

What do you think of the new site?  

63 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of the new site?

• Amazing
    • Cool
    • Could be better
    • A letdown

This poll is closed to new votes

And for those thinking Chase gets a pass for going up against the Jags starters, nope, Zorn was testing him to compare against how Colt did against the Pats starters. Yeah sure Colt threw the INT, but don't forget where it was thrown from and how they get there in the first place.

Besides that, let's not forget the height issue with Daniel, and his lesser experience, and the rawness of his talent.

If you watched them both without having a favorite already you wouldn't say that Daniel is the one looking raw.

Brennan doesn't even look like he belongs on the field.

A little surprised by the poll results, I voted Chase.

Ive always liked Colt, and I still think he can be good.

However, Chase has really impressed me this summer. The two td passes he's thrown to MM have been perfect. Chase always looks confident and in control, and his play mirrors his swagger. He's looked very good.

Colt is Brett Favre a Gun Slinger that thinks he can make any throw. IMO I don't want that type of QB. He will throw just as many INT's as TD's.....Chase looks like Doug Flutie to me short but can make all the throws and can scramble he also gets rid of the ball quicker than any QB we have which makes for a better QB

Colt is Brett Favre a Gun Slinger that thinks he can make any throw. IMO I don't want that type of QB. He will throw just as many INT's as TD's.....Chase looks like Doug Flutie to me short but can make all the throws and can scramble he also gets rid of the ball quicker than any QB we have which makes for a better QB

C'mon now...Flutie was barely in the NFL.

And for those thinking Chase gets a pass for going up against the Jags starters, nope, Zorn was testing him to compare against how Colt did against the Pats starters. Yeah sure Colt threw the INT, but don't forget where it was thrown from and how they get there in the first place.

^This.

Colt drove down against the pats first team and threw a pick on 3rd down. It was obvious he felt the pressure to get a touchdown and not settle for a fieldgoal. Brennan's biggest knock is he tries to make things happen. I don't find that a knock at all. It is something with time that needs to be tamed and utilized when neccesary but I think its a big plus.

The only time chase looked good was against 4th string guys this preseason. He has escapability which is very big when playing with and against a make shift team like he has. Think backyard football with blitzing and no lineman. Colt to me was impressive all preseason. He had his reps with 2nd team which is terrible compared to other 2nd team defenses. Every time colt was behind that line after campbell came out he had pressure in his face immediately. Colt is very decisive, i'm sure by choice he gets alot of downfield routes as that is his mentality but he is quick to throw the out, comeback, or to the flats. He has very good accuracy and is a pocket passer.

Chase is not drew brees. Brees was drafted in the 2nd round for a reason. Chase is very athletic and like most athletic qbs looks good in preseason where the pocket is collapsing and he can use his legs. This is where i had the biggest problem. Tonight he had a 3rd and 5 with an open hole for the first and he threw it to a guy that was blanketed leading to a punt.

Colt to me is the perfect qb for the westcoast. Great with the short game yet likes to go downfield. Something all great westcoast qbs are.

*edit. I said colt was impressive this preseason but his one bonehead play to me was not the int against the pats but the sack that made the fieldgoal hard to make. Cant put the miss on colt though, shuisam very well could have missed from 46 yards out. Shuisam needs to make that in a tight game like that. Still colt should have known better.

Good stuff, Voo.

Too many people presume that since Colt threw RZ picks that he'll always do that as the problem is non-correctable. Newsflash!!!! Avoiding picks is easy if you don't take risks LOL

Back at you, it's what I heard all season long and the offseason for JC supporters. He doesn't turn the ball over, he had a league low in interceptions. Well what they don't say is he averaged .8 tds a game, had a 6.4 yard per attempt average(TERRIBLE) constantly threw short on 3rd downs(benroflsburger had crappy stats this year but I think was the league leader in 3rd and long conversions) and in general didnt take chances at all.

People say the oline this or the running game that. It's a two way street. If the running game fails then the qb has to step it up. He needs to either dink and dunk his way downfield(which he has proven many times over hes is incapable) or take some risks and actually throw PAST THE FIRST DOWN MARKER.

This preseason Jason proved to me with time and without pressure he can make the throws needed to play in the NFL. The 3 straight 3 and outs against the pats before he had that TD drive? He was being blitzed. If we decide to throw downfield we have to do it alot. Teams dont fear JC because they never see his arm. Showing his arm off can scare defensive coordinators. First the dbs play a little farther back, then they stop blitzing as much. But from a westcoast perspective this preseason jason did nothing to show he improved. Still looked indecisive and inaccurate on the short routes and when pressure was in his face.

C'mon now...Flutie was barely in the NFL.

Well actually he won everywhere he went, then whatever team he was on tried to bring up a new QB, like Rob Johnson in Buffalo. Funny that Flutie won 2/3s of his games while Johnson lost 2/3 of his but they let Flutie go in the end. He was good, just never given a real shot.

For instance in New England in 1988 he went 6-3 but since the Pats kept going back to Grogan and Eason they finished 9-7. His W-L was 38-28 on bad teams that never gave him a chance at permanently starting. He's one of the reasons I think that a lot of NFL head coaches are idiots. He always made the team look better and gave them a chance to win but they always went with a loser who was a few inches taller in the end.

If Chase Daniel is as good as Flutie then this decision should be a no brainer. Colt is a poor mans Brett Favre with maybe 25% of the arm.

Tonight he had a 3rd and 5 with an open hole for the first and he threw it to a guy that was blanketed leading to a punt.

Right, and when Colt does the same thing, 3 times, except it's an INTERCEPTION, he's just trying to make things happen. Daniel gets a punt and its somehow much worse. Ever seen Jason Campbell play? After 5 years he still regularly does exactly what you give Daniel crap for doing one time in preseason, lol.

I was a huge Colt supporter, I hoped he was going to be a great player, but if everyone wants to see the redskins continue to miss the playoffs the yes, lets keep Colt, but seriously this was the first game he didn't throw an interception, but that still leaves 4 in the preseason. Daniel's didn't flirt with the media like Colt did, but Colt is not the player we hoped he would be.

Chase can run, Chase can pass, and Chase can manage the offense. I understand Colt has the whole state of Hawaii backing him, but he has not been impressive at all. He was impressive last year, this year he couldn't even take the number 2 job. He did not improve he went down.

I was so happy when Zorn put Daniel's back in to run the 2 minute offense. All this pole says is that 90 people (at this exact moment) want the redskins to lose.

Colt Reminds of of Kyle Orton, he will always make bad decisions trying to force the play.

Daniel's reminds me of Art Monk he is soft spoken, a nice guy, and good at the game. He can't make all of the plays no one can, he has to know where 22 people are at all times, and he does a much better job at it then Colt.

Yeah and thats why the only time in your history you ever uttered a word about Brennan was when you tried to pump Daniel up.

By the way, nice sock puppet you have there.

Another reason I will be glad when they fire Colt, all the Hawaiian will leave our forum. Because clearly you can't judge a player on his performance you must only insult people that do.

I understand you have a lot of pride in your state and players from your state. Here and everywhere else in the NFL they evaluate them based on performance. They get paid based off that. Being that we can only keep 3 he is the weakest link. Sock pupper, if you say so. By the way your sentence has a comma and a period missing.

Another reason I will be glad when they fire Colt, all the Hawaiian will leave our forum. Because clearly you can't judge a player on his performance you must only insult people that do.

All I can say is grow up! Hawaiian people love Colt and therefore have attached themselves to his new home here with The Washington Redskins, if you cut him and he's picked up elsewhere or not, we'll still be here because we have made Colt's new home ours as well--so, get use to it! :) HTTR!!

This preseason Jason proved to me with time and without pressure he can make the throws needed to play in the NFL. The 3 straight 3 and outs against the pats before he had that TD drive? He was being blitzed. If we decide to throw downfield we have to do it alot. Teams dont fear JC because they never see his arm. Showing his arm off can scare defensive coordinators. First the dbs play a little farther back, then they stop blitzing as much. But from a westcoast perspective this preseason jason did nothing to show he improved. Still looked indecisive and inaccurate on the short routes and when pressure was in his face.

I'm pretty sure that if you want to "scare" a opposing DC from calling a lot of blitzes, you start hitting your short and mid-range passes instantly before the blitz gets to you...hit the receiver in the spot where the blitzer would normally be. Aikman used to hit Irvin on a 7 yard slant when picking up the blitz like clockwork, and made opposing defenses pay constantly. He didn't need to chuck it downfield...it was a lightning-quick release on a short route that nullified the blitz.

You guys NEED US to keep you balanced! Fire Colt or Keep him--we're not going anywhere!! :gaintsuck We've made the Redskins our home as Colt has, and we're here to see this team through thick and thin! HTTR!!

Archived