Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

POLL: Colt Vs. Chase Preseason Stats - Who's #3?

RonYoungEra

What do you think of the new site?  

63 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of the new site?

• Amazing
    • Cool
    • Could be better
    • A letdown

This poll is closed to new votes

Judging by just the stats, it's overwhelmingly in favor of Chase. Personally, I like what Chase brings to the table with regard to skills as well as attitude. I wouldn't be at all upset if he made it.

That being said, I would be shocked to see him on the final 53 man roster. Colt Brennan probably has more long term potential if he can get his head on straight and also has way too much marketability (moreso than any third string QB in the NFL).

Judging by just the stats, it's overwhelmingly in favor of Chase. Personally, I like what Chase brings to the table with regard to skills as well as attitude. I wouldn't be at all upset if he made it.

That being said, I would be shocked to see him on the final 53 man roster. Colt Brennan probably has more long term potential if he can get his head on straight and also has way too much marketability (moreso than any third string QB in the NFL).

well-said..i'm just gonna go ahead a "ditto" those sentiments.. :) i agree that colt's marketability (which i'm sure snyder loves) likely keeps him on the roster...

chase seems to be the better of the 2 this year..but both have such limited exposure to what being a real NFL QB takes..hard to judge.. that's why the coaches..w/all of their daily knowledge and 'behind the scenes' access..get to make that decision!

It's a no-brainer, pure and simple.

Put Chase on the PS, which you cannot do with Brennan.

And no team is going to steal him and put him on their main roster

Brennan has at least shown he has potential, so he is worth keeping around.

If you're basing it on preseason stats alone, well Brennan had one great preseason also, so in that regard they're even.

Besides that, let's not forget the height issue with Daniel, and his lesser experience, and the rawness of his talent.

If you're basing it on preseason stats alone, well Brennan had one great preseason also, so in that regard they're even.

Besides that, let's not forget the height issue with Daniel, and his lesser experience, and the rawness of his talent.

While I agree with most of what you said, I don't think we've seen enough to know whether Daniel or Brennan is more raw. Personally, Daniel has sounder mechanics which puts him one leg up, but not as good accuracy.

Chase was more exposed when he went against first teamers. He is game though. I like him. He's well suited for west coast. If Jason excels and gets a contract. Then I could see them both making the team next year. Collins would be the person gone.

Why does Chase rot on the PS when he could pay and get on tape in the CFL or UFL?

"his lesser experience, and the rawness of his talent"

they are both college players, who played tougher competition again?

Chase seems to be more decisive...Brennan, not as much. I don't care if he's "short", if he can play, he deserves to be on the team. PSing him might be the best idea in order to groom him...besides, we don't want to jump on the bandwagon too early based only on a couple of pre season games...or else we get what we had last year with Brennan.

Chase had the bad fumble today. Colt actually had a good game before getting hurt. I would say Colt as #3 unless a better QB is cut by another team. Chase should be waved then put on the practice squad for this season, and be given another chance next year.

I trust Colt more than I trust Chase.

I've seen Colt go through adversity and come back from it. I've yet to see how Chase handles a lot of adversity.

Well what do you think happen today. In the first half nothing went right for him then he got a second chance when Colt went down and led the team to a TD.

quick questions about the practice squad..can one of our players be signed to another team's practice squad or do they have to make the team's 53 man roster?

Nope. If another team wants one of our PS guys, they have to put him on their roster. Thats why I'd make Colt the #3 and put Chase on the PS. I don't think any team would pick him up as a #3, but Colt still has some decent upside and a team might snatch him.

Archived