Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

POLL: Colt Vs. Chase Preseason Stats - Who's #3?

RonYoungEra

What do you think of the new site?  

63 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of the new site?

• Amazing
    • Cool
    • Could be better
    • A letdown

This poll is closed to new votes

I think this thread should be closed or merged. The last few posts have asked questions that have been answered a zillion times,and from both sides.

Bottom line our starter needs to get it done. As long as he doesnt,there will always be clamoring for this #3 qb that you all deem as insignificant.

I think this thread should be closed or merged. The last few posts have asked questions that have been answered a zillion times,and from both sides.

Bottom line our starter needs to get it done. As long as he doesnt,there will always be clamoring for this #3 qb that you all deem as insignificant.

Close or merge it because you can't make a point? There's other people on this board and other people discussing the thread. Don't like it? Don't read it, and don't turn it into a Campbell thread.

Ive seen my fair share of shots at JC. I never ever see someone claiming there not true fans.I never see them telling them to get lost. Even in this thread alone ive counted 3-5 posts of people telling others to leave,when in reality they dont know a ****ing thing about them. This is a prspective for not so much you but "some people"

There's a significant difference between people who do not think Campbell is the answer, and people who want campbell to fail or be cut so that their precious Colt can get the start.

Again, its not everyone in the Cult of Colt, so don't defend my claims by referencing everyone. I've seen enough posts to know that it happens though, and it pisses me off.

People are allowed to exist here...even if they only support 1 player. I really like what I saw from a poster yesterday when he said you signed up for the official message board of the redskins...thats fan enough for me....Hey people take a lesson. You think were the only team in football who have these arguments and discussions? I have friends in tenn and they say people are really protesting to get Vince Young back in at starter. They say that our qb battle is nothing compared to what they have gone thru,and many people arent warming up that he may be a bust.

Whats going on in tennesee is not at all comparable to whats giong on here. In tennesee you have a guy that was the starter, who was benched for a few games because of bad play, then apeared to go nuts. Now he's back and playing well.

Here you have a guy that comes out of college as a late draft pick, and has never moved past the #3 spot on the roster. The fans of which have taken to bashing the starting QB to get him into th spot, when he's not even the #2 (again not all of the fans, but enough of them that it bothers me)

They aren't even comparable.

I see why the mods need to step in at times...alot of posters get really bent out of shape just reading the name COLT BRENNAN.

What does the mods stepping have to do with it?

You seem to be the one bent out of shape - all that was said was that we wouldn't mind the constant cheering for the #1 to fail and the #3 guy to somehow jump over the #2 guy and become the starter going away by cutting the #3 guy - which , in essense, isn't that big of a deal. He's just the #3. if Jason is gone after this season, someone will be drafted, signed from FA, or traded for that will be #1... and colt (if not cut) will still be the #3... Its just the way its going to be.

If you can't handle the fact that some people from the Cult of Colt have taken to bashing JC non stop during the offseason, and pissing off quite a few people in the proccess, and now want to see those fans disapear (or at least have nothing to talk about in terms of QB), then I don't know what to say.

You act as though you guys came in just cheering for Colt, and thats not at all how it went down. Again, you have absolutely no high horse to ride on right now.

You were responding to my post, right?

Oh, there it is, in the post script. If Leaf is not relevant to Brennan because of Leaf's high pick, then how is Manning when they were back-to-back? It doesn't even make sense.

Young inexperienced qb's throw picks.

Are you saying Chase will never throw an int?

I just dont see how people can harp on only the int stat.

Young inexperienced qb's throw picks.

Are you saying Chase will never throw an int?

I just dont see how people can harp on only the int stat.

To me it's not so much the interceptions, it's the fact that they all happened in the red zone, and one led to a direct swing of at least ten and possibly 14 points with his pick six. If you throw an interception on a long route in the middle of the field, or something happens at the 40 yard line, whatever. It happens. But when you throw three picks in the red zone in three games, it's just not a good sign. You can't be careless with the ball there because you're taking points away from your team.

On the other hand, Chase looked very good in the red zone in the chances he got this preseason. Two touchdowns in the Pittsburgh game and two more last night (though one was stupidly, stupidly called back). That's the difference to me. Other than their red zone performance, they've both looked pretty much the same to me.

Actually the posts that a[n]noy you are the ones that suggest colt could do a better job. Whats wrong with someone being optimistic about his ability? Nothing.

Nothing is wrong with being optimistic.

But too many Colt fan's aren't realistic.

Colt is fighting for the 3rd spot on this team.

Yet some Colt fans think that Colt is better then JC.

And resort to bashing JC to somehow prove that Colt is better.

Which makes it appear that they don't know much about football.

Imo fan's of the team don't bash the players.

The ire against Colt(ying) is a result of some Colt fan's bashing of JC (yang).

Last I checked we werent a very good team,and at this point there is no issue in a fan thinking we can improve.If that fan sees something in CB5,and think he may be that guy...so be it.

Its one thing for some poster to see something in Colt and think he may be 'that guy' but when you post that the 3rd string QB is better then the starter then proceed to bash the starter, you've got to realize that there is going to be a backlash and rightfully so.

I see something in Edwin Williams but i'm not going to bash Rabach and claim that Edwin should be the starting center.

---------------------------------------------------------------------

Now back to the thread topic:

I think Chase was better then Colt this preseason, but not by a wide margin.

Colt is one of Zorn's own draft picks, therefore i think Colt gets the nod.

But, If Zorn keeps Chase i will have a new level of respect for him, it takes a lot to pass over one of your own guys.

There's a significant difference between people who do not think Campbell is the answer, and people who want campbell to fail or be cut so that their precious Colt can get the start.

Again, its not everyone in the Cult of Colt, so don't defend my claims by referencing everyone. I've seen enough posts to know that it happens though, and it pisses me off.

Whats going on in tennesee is not at all comparable to whats giong on here. In tennesee you have a guy that was the starter, who was benched for a few games because of bad play, then apeared to go nuts. Now he's back and playing well.

Here you have a guy that comes out of college as a late draft pick, and has never moved past the #3 spot on the roster. The fans of which have taken to bashing the starting QB to get him into th spot, when he's not even the #2 (again not all of the fans, but enough of them that it bothers me)

They aren't even comparable.

What does the mods stepping have to do with it?

You seem to be the one bent out of shape - all that was said was that we wouldn't mind the constant cheering for the #1 to fail and the #3 guy to somehow jump over the #2 guy and become the starter going away by cutting the #3 guy - which , in essense, isn't that big of a deal. He's just the #3. if Jason is gone after this season, someone will be drafted, signed from FA, or traded for that will be #1... and colt (if not cut) will still be the #3... Its just the way its going to be.

If you can't handle the fact that some people from the Cult of Colt have taken to bashing JC non stop during the offseason, and pissing off quite a few people in the proccess, and now want to see those fans disapear (or at least have nothing to talk about in terms of QB), then I don't know what to say.

You act as though you guys came in just cheering for Colt, and thats not at all how it went down. Again, you have absolutely no high horse to ride on right now.

Most of the jc bashing comes from facts.The main fact being we dont win games,and hes had his chances like colt and blew it.There are some posters here and many who believe JC isnt the guy.Those same posters dont tell the jc supporters to leave. I really dont want to name names and I wont.

The tenn comparison,is merely to say that other people argue over the qb position just like we do...and nothing more,so stop over analyzing.

Not everyone cheers for jc to fail. In fact ive only seen a small amount of posts that actually do. Once again I wont name names...but there are only 2-4 people who had the balls to say they took team failure just to get jc out. Remember that poll,where the question was worded...the support of jc? Id say the gross majority of this board voted ill cheer for who ever is starting. So where exactly are all these posts,that say some people are only Colt fans? Ive been reading this board everyday for the last 6 months and like I said ive seen only about 2-4 people cheer for only colt. So people cant act with class over those people? I think there just fed up as much as we all are with this position battle.

We even have people who want chase now,some only because hes not colt brennan. But mostly because hes performed well.

To me it's not so much the interceptions, it's the fact that they all happened in the red zone, and one led to a direct swing of at least ten and possibly 14 points with his pick six. If you throw an interception on a long route in the middle of the field, or something happens at the 40 yard line, whatever. It happens. But when you throw three picks in the red zone in three games, it's just not a good sign. You can't be careless with the ball there because you're taking points away from your team.

On the other hand, Chase looked very good in the red zone in the chances he got this preseason. Two touchdowns in the Pittsburgh game and two more last night (though one was stupidly, stupidly called back). That's the difference to me. Other than their red zone performance, they've both looked pretty much the same to me.

But Campbell gets a free pass for what happened in Dallas because he was a young player? That was in the red zone.

Most of the jc bashing comes from facts.The main fact being we dont win games,and hes had his chances like colt and blew it.There are some posters here and many who believe JC isnt the guy.Those same posters dont tell the jc supporters to leave. I really dont want to name names and I wont.

its like the points are going over your head

there's no problem with not thinking JC is the guy. There's no problem with likeing Colt. The problem (I and some others have) is when you bash JC, and then support Colt when he does the same thing. THe problem is when you seem to bashing JC out of a desire to see Colt start - not out of the best interest of the team.

You're putting a #3 guy on a pedestal at the expense of slamming the #1 guy. Thats ridiculous. Add in the fact that you weren't even fans before Colt came here, and you have the perception (and rightfully so) that you're out to see your guy succeed - not the team. Which is selfish, an deserves the 'i want to see the cult of colt go' atttitude some have.

The tenn comparison,is merely to say that other people argue over the qb position just like we do...and nothing more,so stop over analyzing.

Not everyone cheers for jc to fail. In fact ive only seen a small amount of posts that actually do. Once again I wont name names...but there are only 2-4 people who had the balls to say they took team failure just to get jc out. Remember that poll,where the question was worded...the support of jc? Id say the gross majority of this board voted ill cheer for who ever is starting. So where exactly are all these posts,that say some people are only Colt fans? Ive been reading this board everyday for the last 6 months and like I said ive seen only about 2-4 people cheer for only colt. So people cant act with class over those people? I think there just fed up as much as we all are with this position battle.

We even have people who want chase now,some only because hes not colt brennan. But mostly because hes performed well.

I don't think anyone has hatred towards Colt... most of the posters I've seen (like myself) that have a problem are quick to say they like colt, they just hate the cult of colt fans.... there's a strong difference there.

I'd personally rather cut collins with the cult of colt, and keep colt and daniel.

Unfortunately thats not possible for a few reasons.

But Campbell gets a free pass for what happened in Dallas because he was a young player? That was in the red zone.

This thread is about the two guys who are up for the #3 spot, and their performances on the field. Why are you throwing out Campbell's name?

All I said was that Colt looked very shaky in the red zone this preseason while Chase looked solid, and that other than that there wasn't a whole lot different between the two. You need to do something to decide between the two, and that's the apparent difference to me. Instead of comparing Colt to the starter (which he isn't going to be any time in the forseeable future), compare his play to the other guy fighting for the #3 spot. The red zone performances have been drastically different.

i voted chase. when he was put on the same playing field as brennan, he ran the 2 minute offense and drove all they way down the field only to have his first TD pass taken away, and then do it again on 4th down.

he impressed me last night and in the steelers game.

same. i almost thougth zorn was setting daniel up to fail when he put him in early last night. its not that he was going against starters - its that he was going against starters while being supported by backups. I don't think colt or daniel would have done well in that situation.

one thing I see from both of them, that i don't like, is that they quickly bail and start scrambling around... i think thats more of a problem with the backup O line than anything else though.

Funny how the Cult is saying this "been in the system for two years" crap in regards to him sticking around. Hmm, two years = three picks? Don't you get BETTER after two years? That's kind of what I thought.

The Cult can't get past their mancrush. Stats were all that mattered last year, but now that they're grossly against Brennan, they resort to height. Absolutely brilliant. And there's arguments that because Daniel DIDN'T get picked off, but "should have", he SHOULD get cut.

Just plain silly.

Talk about hating? thats all your spewing

its like the points are going over your head

there's no problem with not thinking JC is the guy. There's no problem with likeing Colt. The problem (I and some others have) is when you bash JC, and then support Colt when he does the same thing. THe problem is when you seem to bashing JC out of a desire to see Colt start - not out of the best interest of the team.

You're putting a #3 guy on a pedestal at the expense of slamming the #1 guy. Thats ridiculous. Add in the fact that you weren't even fans before Colt came here, and you have the perception (and rightfully so) that you're out to see your guy succeed - not the team. Which is selfish, an deserves the 'i want to see the cult of colt go' atttitude some have.

I don't think anyone has hatred towards Colt... most of the posters I've seen (like myself) that have a problem are quick to say they like colt, they just hate the cult of colt fans.... there's a strong difference there.

I'd personally rather cut collins with the cult of colt, and keep colt and daniel.

Unfortunately thats not possible for a few reasons.

Ive been a fan long before we even drafted JC.Im not here because of CB5.Im actually here because I have nothing better to do at work.I played football in hs and have an older brother who played in college.I know the game and feel like Ive seen enough of JC. Most people here are using stats to defend chase and jc. Are Campbells stats good? his second preseason? no and Ive yet to see anyone flame JC for awhile now,when they could easily turn that stat argument around and say well according to this....Chase should start,and JC should be on the practice squad.

If you choose to say well there is more to football then just some preseason stats,then you might agree Colt being further along in a system has an advantage.

The last thing id like to point out.... When did I ever say Colt should start? I said that JC shouldnt just have been handed the job numerous times but thats about it. A few posters have just jumped on me like a gang tackle,taking out whatever it is over something I didnt even say. Im only defending peoples right to post and be welcomed here. Honestly I couldnt care about this qb situation any longer...jc is the starter and needs to get it done...I want it...you want it...we all want that.l do like colt...and I am intrigued in what he can do...but I could say that about alot of quarterbacks right now.

he may not be a big fan of colt, but he does have a point

What point?

Like I said earlier...this will never end...there will always be a way to argue over some little stat or quote.

The stat line is irrelevent...because well JC also had horrible stats and hes starting...dispite not throwing any touchdown this preseason.

None of us really knows whats going on in the coaches minds,or in the locker room behind closed doors.I was just trying to keep the hate level down.

its not that he was going against starters - its that he was going against starters while being supported by backups. I don't think colt or daniel would have done well in that situation.

To be fair, Brennan and backups went against the NE starters in that series that ended with the pick 6. He drove the team nicely and had some crisp passes before the interception. Even the interception was a play that was a good decision but poorly executed.

Never understood the obsession some skins fans have with Colt. He's not bad, it's just that all of our other quarterbacks are better. Chase for the win!

Can we see something that says you know what your talking about then?

Are you a qb coach? I mean no disrespect and I know its your opinion....I just would like to know how it is you came to this conclusion.

This shouldn't even be a discussion (for the record I am a Campbell supporter). The reason Chase looked better than Colt and had better numbers is the same reason that Colt looked so good last year. A very trimmed up playbook. Rookie Quarterbacks are not called upon to run the same plays as guys with experience. This is the reason that Colt did so well last year and was still the #3. He wasnt running the same offense as JC and TC. If you want a equal measuring stick you need to compare Colt Brennan's 2008 pre season numbers and Chase Daniel's numbers from this year. They were running the same offense and imo Colt's numbers were much better. With that said Colt also has an extra year in the system and that makes all the difference....ask Jason Campbell

Archived