Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

PFT: NFL admits faulty research led to scoreboard issue

bobbee1011

If the NFL would pay for the scoreboard to be moved, why would Jerry fight it?

Do you like someone coming to your house messing with your things? Its all a pride issue...........

And Redskin fans are trying to reach so far to make a big deal out of this that they want to bring up the integrity of the game....come on folks its a TV screen...Some pocket change (well several million dollars) will be exchanged between the NFL and JJ and what ever needs to be done will get done....Good thing most of you are to young and were not around when the first dome football stadiums were being built..... my God you would of had a heart attack over that if you get this excited just over a TV

It seems to me that many Cowboys fans care less about the integrity of the game and more about Jerruh "winning" against the league. Typical' date=' but sad. It IS Jerruh's fault. The NFL is responsible AND Jerruh is responsible. It's not one or the other. This was a collective effort.[/quote']

Integrity of the game.

How funny.

The only thing JJ is responsible for is following the guidelines of the NFL.

Actually you can use the above word.

It is recognized as a word.

Used to add emphasis.

;)

Main Entry: ir·re·gard·less

Pronunciation: \ˌir-i-ˈgärd-ləs\

Function: adverb

Etymology: probably blend of irrespective and regardless

Date: circa 1912

nonstandard : regardless

usage Irregardless originated in dialectal American speech in the early 20th century. Its fairly widespread use in speech called it to the attention of usage commentators as early as 1927. The most frequently repeated remark about it is that “there is no such word.” There is such a word, however. It is still used primarily in speech, although it can be found from time to time in edited prose. Its reputation has not risen over the years, and it is still a long way from general acceptance. Use regardless instead.

:cool:

Do you like someone coming to your house messing with your things? Its all a pride issue...........

And Redskin fans are trying to reach so far to make a big deal out of this that they want to bring up the integrity of the game....come on folks its a TV screen...Some pocket change (well several million dollars) will be exchanged between the NFL and JJ and what ever needs to be done will get done....Good thing most of you are to young and were not around when the first dome football stadiums were being built..... my God you would of had a heart attack over that if you get this excited just over a TV

Oh, yeah, it's nothing more than a "tv" lol :doh:...why, I have a bigger tv monitor in my livingroom. What's the big deal?

And you're right...we would have all had heart attacks if domed stadiums were just now being introduced...as we all know, punters regularly kick the ball out of the stadium confines. Punts regularly land in the parking lot, setting off car alarms and such. No doubt we'd be livid at how domed stadiums might cause scores of punters to adjust their kicking in those abberations. Not to mention all the rules changes that took place a few weeks before the season started back when those domed stadiums first were built to accommodate for the possible obstructions.

Jerry is not going to move it until the NFL pays to move it and even then JJ may put up a fight.......

Kind of like you go and put up a fence around your property ...you go and get all of the paperwork and the city approval that is needed then have a fence company come out and install it..then after it is up the city comes back to your home and tells you sorry we made a mistake so you have to take it down and move it to another spot.......who here would pay money out of their own pocket to have your new fence moved when all along the city said it was fine....not me I am going to fight the city to keep it where it is.........and if I have no choice and have to move it the city is going to pay to have it moved ...not me.....same thing here...

LOL, apparently you never tried to fight the city before. If you have no choice your ass is paying for it. :hysterical:

wasn't the 85 foot rule originally made for scoreboards and screens placed on the side of stadiums?

I think so, wasn't it introduced because players where using the live scoreboard too see how close the opponents where to them and such. I remember that fight years ago.

Oh, yeah, it's nothing more than a "tv" lol :doh:...why, I have a bigger tv monitor in my livingroom. What's the big deal?

And you're right...we would have all had heart attacks if domed stadiums were just now being introduced...as we all know, punters regularly kick the ball out of the stadium confines. Punts regularly land in the parking lot, setting off car alarms and such. No doubt we'd be livid at how domed stadiums might cause scores of punters to adjust their kicking in those abberations. Not to mention all the rules changes that took place a few weeks before the season started back when those domed stadiums first were built to accommodate for the possible obstructions.

Try to keep up....I will type slower if it will help you...... my response about domed stadiums was regarding the comment about the integrity of the game and not about punters

Now as far as the punters hitting the scoreboard with the ball....do you really think moving the TV 5-10 feet is going to solve anything......no it wont.....sure a few punts hit the TV....My guess is that the punters did it just to see if they could.....Heck It would not surprise me if JJ himself asked Jeff Fisher to get his punter to hit the TV in warm up just so JJ could get the press time over his new stadium

My big problem with it is that it creates a situation where you have special rules for different venues. That has no place in football in my opinion. That's a baseball thing, where obstacles and dimensions differ from ballpark to ballpark. "Well if the ball hits the catwalk here it's a home run, but here and it's a double...", "Well if the ball goes into the ivy here the rule is..", "Well if the punt hits the Jerrytron in this situation we have a do-over and...". It's just ridiculous.

Integrity of the game.

How funny.

The only thing JJ is responsible for is following the guidelines of the NFL.

That's asinine and underscores the lengths that fans will blindly defend their favorite teams. Yes, the league dropped the ball but that doesn't mean that Jerrah isn't more to blame. Just looking at league guidelines is a really irresponsible way to design a stadium. The Cowboys should have done extensive testing to make sure it wouldn't be an issue. They obviously didn't since the problem arose a good 3 minutes after players took the field. The fact that he (and you) are trying to deflect blame is comical and sad at the same time. This is Jerrah being Jerrah.

Try to keep up....I will type slower if it will help you...... my response about domed stadiums was regarding the comment about the integrity of the game and not about punters

"The integrity of the game" only applies to things that interfere with the game that shouldn't...

Now as far as the punters hitting the scoreboard with the ball....do you really think moving the TV 5-10 feet is going to solve anything......no it wont.....

So raise it 20-25 feet. Simple.

sure a few punts hit the TV....My guess is that the punters did it just to see if they could.....Heck It would not surprise me if JJ himself asked Jeff Fisher to get his punter to hit the TV in warm up just so JJ could get the press time over his new stadium

NO punts are supposed to "hit the TV"...and if you would NOT be surprised hearing Jerruh asked Fisher to get his punter to hit the "TV" (nice how you've decided not to call it a scoreboard lol), you're more clueless than your posts indicate lol...Jerruh's not gonna have a rival coach make ANY aspect of his new stadium look like a failure from the very first preseason game. Not to mention that Jerruh's been fuming over the issue ever since it hit the media, making extremely lame excuses for the scoreboard's height. Hardly sounds like a man who wanted it to happen.

The bottom line is that this is NOT a minor issue. It changes the game.

Any team coming to Dallas who would have had an advantage in special teams because they have a booming punter who normally gets a lot of hang time is screwed.

Kick over all you want. All that means is the kicker has to adjust and loose his hang time for a different angle that does not hit the scoreboard, and that's where the damage is done.

The Dallas punter on the other hand gets lots of practice at getting the best angle without hitting the scoreboard which puts every other team at a disadvantage.

At this point I don't care who screwed up. Just fix it.

My big problem with it is that it creates a situation where you have special rules for different venues. That has no place in football in my opinion. That's a baseball thing, where obstacles and dimensions differ from ballpark to ballpark. "Well if the ball hits the catwalk here it's a home run, but here and it's a double...", "Well if the ball goes into the ivy here the rule is..", "Well if the punt hits the Jerrytron in this situation we have a do-over and...". It's just ridiculous.

Exactly you have an impediment to a players god given talent. If a players has to alter one thing at any time because of the scoreboard, then it has altered the integrity of the game period. Shocker this comes out of Dallas, BTW.

Also loved the comment about Jerry trying to get his new stadium in the news, like that place hasn't been all over the sportsworld the last two years. :hysterical:

Epic Fail, keep trying though it is funny.

The bottom line is that this is NOT a minor issue. It changes the game.

Any team coming to Dallas who would have had an advantage in special teams because they have a booming punter who normally gets a lot of hang time is screwed.

Kick over all you want. All that means is the kicker has to adjust and loose his hang time for a different angle that does not hit the scoreboard, and that's where the damage is done.

The Dallas punter on the other hand gets lots of practice at getting the best angle without hitting the scoreboard which puts every other team at a disadvantage.

At this point I don't care who screwed up. Just fix it.

big deal, at best the arguement might fall in line with a home field advantage but that is about as far as it reaches.....I guess none of you remember Ray Guy hitting the video screen at the Superdome during the Pro Bowl years ago which was positioned much higher than 90 feet over the field........Oh but thats right he was not a Cowboy so what he did was cool so none of you have a problem with that.....

It can be used as a word, but it's only in the dictionary because too many people don't use "regardless" correctly.

I too, have a problem with that word. Containing the double negative of 'ir' and 'less' that actually makes it mean the exact opposite of what people use it to mean.

Archived