Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Magnavox vs Vizio

JustAfan47

Tryied looking for "ask a tv salesmen" thread but could not find it so if need close or delete this thread mods..

Magnavox vs Vizio the fight is on :saber:

I am going to buy a new tv for my home i'm planing on using it for gaming and your normal HD movies....I have found a 42" Vizio for around $650 same as a Magnavox both have 1080p but i just dont know witch one to buy...I have never owned a HD tv so any help would be really thankfull..

PS I've heard that Vizio's dont have replacement parts for when they have problems..

Vizio makes a nice TV, just make sure you use nice cables and your signal is strong, you will love it. While some of the other manufacturers have a slightly better picture, most people are unable to notice the difference when the screen is isolated by itself.

Stores line the TV's up and share a signal degrating the quality, when you get it home, your TV will have a full signal and look even better than it did in the store. They use a series of distribution amps to get the signal to multiple screens, and isolate the ones they want you to buy.

Vizio makes a nice TV, just make sure you use nice cables and your signal is strong, you will love it. While some of the other manufacturers have a slightly better picture, most people are unable to notice the difference when the screen is isolated by itself.

Stores line the TV's up and share a signal degrating the quality, when you get it home, your TV will have a full signal and look even better than it did in the store. They use a series of distribution amps to get the signal to multiple screens, and isolate the ones they want you to buy.

Well witch one should i buy?....Can Vizio's be fix?

Yeah, the Magnavox is junk. Stay away from that. Vizio makes a solid TV, they did lose their main selling point since Samsung and Sony dropped their prices. If you truly can't spend the extra 150 on a Panasonic or Samsung then go with the Vizio. Oh, and to add on to the guy that says get "nice" cables, that doesn't mean go out and buy $200 Monster cables. Some decent HDMI 1.3a cables will do fine, you can find them at a store for around $40 or online for around $20.

Consumer Reports recommends the Insignia NS-L42Q-10A for $700. It has better HD and SD picture quality than the Vizio. The Magnavox is still in testing' date=' but my experience has shown me they suck.[/quote']

Consumer Reports is one of the biggest ripoffs ever. Insignia is Best Buys in house brand, sure its a good value but there's no way that it should be higher rated than the Vizio. Hell one year Consumer Reports had a Vizio ranked HIGHER than a Samsung. It's a good place to start looking at TVs, but they don't even rate the best TVs that Samsung or Sony make. So I have no faith in CR ratings on TVs.

Heres the description for the Insignia TV from Best Buys website:

Enjoy your favorite TV shows, movies or sports using this HDTV that features 6.5 ms response time for reducing blurring and streaking during fast action scenes. The 450 cd/m² brightness and 1400:1 contrast ratio ensure clear, detailed images.

Low contrast and a slow response time. You will definitely have blurring issues with the Insignia.

Consumer Reports recommends the Insignia NS-L42Q-10A for $700. It has better HD and SD picture quality than the Vizio. The Magnavox is still in testing' date=' but my experience has shown me they suck.[/quote']

My buddy has a 46" Insignia and it looks decent.

I had a Magnavox rear projection and it was garbage. Granted, it was like 3 technology cycles ago.

No I was just surprised he said it was the Best HDTV ever. It not like I don't like Samsung TVs. You really can't go wrong with Samsung, Panasonic, Sony imo. Still I don't think it's the best since the Pioneer Kuro is topnotch an I believe LED tvs are really coming along now.............both the Kuro and new LED tvs are waaaaaaaayyyyy out of my price range.

If you could manage an extra $150 I would go with a Panasonic. When buying a HDTV you usually can't go wrong with a Panasonic, Sony, or Samsung TV imo. Out of the two you want to with I say the Vizio.

Id go with RED. If you can get the Samsung id do that, I got a 50" DLP in 2005 and loved it and just recently got a 50" Plasma and its been great.

Out of the two that your looking for though, I would def go with the Vizio. Where are you buying it from? I know most people bash BestBuy when it comes to buy cause they mark up and what not, but I got both my tvs from there and low prices and just opted for the extended warranty...that way, if for some reason they cant fix your tv within 4 yrs, theyll give you the exact amount of money you paid for it towards the new tv (My DLP did end up having some issues but Bestbuy came out every time and would try and fix it. After the forth time, they gave me a goft card for what I paid for it in 2005 and I could afford a Plasma)

My parents have a 37" Vizio and I think its an outstanding TV. They have had it for about 3 years and its only 720p but it still looks fantastic compared to other TVs. My girlfriend recently bought a 42" Panasonic Plasma for $650 at Best Buy and I think it was a great bargain.

I know alot of people dont care for Plasma but reviews on that one were great and the picture is really good. When I get an HDTV I will probably lean towards a Vizio IMO. I have seen everything from Panasonic, Samsung to Pioneer and I think Vizio stacks up just as good.

My parents have a 37" Vizio and I think its an outstanding TV. They have had it for about 3 years and its only 720p but it still looks fantastic compared to other TVs. My girlfriend recently bought a 42" Panasonic Plasma for $650 at Best Buy and I think it was a great bargain.

I know alot of people dont care for Plasma but reviews on that one were great and the picture is really good. When I get an HDTV I will probably lean towards a Vizio IMO. I have seen everything from Panasonic, Samsung to Pioneer and I think Vizio stacks up just as good.

I notice people in the know lean toward Plasma because they do their research an it has an overall better picture compared to LCD. At least that's what I notice. I won't be surprised once the LED prices go down many will prefer them over Plasma and LCD.

Archived