Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

where to watch games in NYC/Queens

no1fanofno21

Hey moved to the city a few months ago. Was in manhattan now living in Queens. Wondering if there is a good bar to see Redskins games. Obviously there is ESPNZone but looking for something in Queens would be nice or just more a Redskins themed bar.

I did search and the last time someone posted was in 2005 so figure things have changed since then.

Thanks in Advance.

I don't know anywhere to watch in Queens (which part are you in) but there is a hardcore skins bar in Manhattan called Redsky. Someone told me there is a skins bar in Williamsburg too but I haven't seen it yet. I did watch the Skins-Steelers game here in Williamsburg at Mulholland's @ Grand and Havemeyer

There are two redskins bars that I know of but they are both in Manhattan. There's Dorians on 84th and 2nd which is pretty chill and laid back. If you show up early, you can get a table and you'll be able to see the game. The other skins' bar that I know of is Red Sky on 29th and Park. I would recommend that bar if you like big rowdy crowds. It certainly has more of a football atmosphere to it. Chances are you'll be standing the whole time, and it'll be a lot harder to grab a beer. Hope this helps.

RedSky has Dorrian's beat hands down. RedSky is full of Redskins fans. Dorrian's has a lot of Redskins fans mixed in with people who are out for Brunch and get in the way. Prices are a lot higher at Dorrian's too.

Plus, Dorrian's has that whole Robert Chambers connection.

Dorian's is a Redskins bar? Didn't know that. When I lived in NYC in the late 90's I used to go to The Ship of Fools on 2nd Avenue in the low 80's, not far from Dorian's. It wasn't a Redskins bar. Just carried all the games. Was there every week early, to stake out a good seat at the bar and grab brunch.

I don't know anywhere to watch in Queens (which part are you in) but there is a hardcore skins bar in Manhattan called Redsky. Someone told me there is a skins bar in Williamsburg too but I haven't seen it yet. I did watch the Skins-Steelers game here in Williamsburg at Mulholland's @ Grand and Havemeyer

im living in MiddleVillage now (have a car) and probably moving to Astoria in a month.

As far as ESPN zone goes, I try and stay away from Times Sq as much as I can.

The last 2 years I've been going to Redsky about an hour early and by then the first floor is packed but I almost always got a table on the 2nd floor. Only problem is by half time it gets so packed up there too you usually have to stand up. I never have issues with the beer though, just get a pitcher each time and your straight. And as someone else pointed out, it gets packed and every single person has a skins jersey on, it's packed in a fun good way.

If you go on a non game day it's usually just a douche bag bar.

Keep this in mind, Redsky is going to be the only bar in the city you go to where every single tv and PA/speakers are going to be tuned into the skins game.

As far as ESPN zone goes, I try and stay away from Times Sq as much as I can.

The last 2 years I've been going to Redsky about an hour early and by then the first floor is packed but I almost always got a table on the 2nd floor. Only problem is by half time it gets so packed up there too you usually have to stand up. I never have issues with the beer though, just get a pitcher each time and your straight. And as someone else pointed out, it gets packed and every single person has a skins jersey on, it's packed in a fun good way.

If you go on a non game day it's usually just a douche bag bar.

Keep this in mind, Redsky is going to be the only bar in the city you go to where every single tv and PA/speakers are going to be tuned into the skins game.

Thankd for this - really useful info on Redsky. I'm going to be in Manhattan on the 27 and 28th on business and I was hoping I could find a Skins bar where I could watch the game. Search over ......

Been a long time since I moved away from Queens (grew up in Jamaica) and I have no clue on the Redskins bar there, but, might try this site and see if they can give you some info.

http://www.meetup.com/The-New-York-City-NYC-Washington-Redskins-Meetup-Group/

The organizer of this group tried, unsucessfully, to move this meetup to another bar. We suspect it was for a commission.

Thankd for this - really useful info on Redsky. I'm going to be in Manhattan on the 27 and 28th on business and I was hoping I could find a Skins bar where I could watch the game. Search over ......

I'll be there for that game too actually. You won't be disappointed.

i don't give a damn about week one i can watch that on fox.

I have Directv where im staying but i can't get that for a month....you have to buy the whole package or can pay some crazy price like $45 a day.

Then directv has that deal for people who live in Manhattan where you can watch online

....does anyone know if you literally have to be in Manhattan I got friends where i can put the address but will it work if im not where i say i am. Don't wanna pay 300 and then not see it.

Yes Red Sky would work as an option so would ESPNzone and other little bars but just for chilling on a sunday afternoon to rewind for the week it would be nice to just chill in the comfort of my own home.

Or if some nice person(s) live in queens wanna invite me over to watch on their Directv sunday ticket package or however they see the Skins i could bring beer/pizza/food of some sort for that.

Archived