Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Does anyone ever wonder how Haynesworth feels about the D from these past two games?!

WhoRUSupposed2Be

What do you think of the new site?  

63 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of the new site?

• Amazing
    • Cool
    • Could be better
    • A letdown

This poll is closed to new votes

I do. That said, do you watch Vikings games? Kevin Williams is on the field on just about every snap. IMO, if you pay a guy $100M, with $40M+ guaranteed, he should be an every down type player. I suppose the fatties (e.g., Albert Haynesworth and Shaun Rogers) need to be rotated out more often.

I'm just saying, I think Redskins fans will end up being disappointed with Haynesworth. He's very good, but he's not worth what we paid.

If you watch alot of vikings games how often is pat williams on the field?

I do. That said, do you watch Vikings games? Kevin Williams is on the field on just about every snap. IMO, if you pay a guy $100M, with $40M+ guaranteed, he should be an every down type player. I suppose the fatties (e.g., Albert Haynesworth and Shaun Rogers) need to be rotated out more often.

There also a difference in defensive philosophies and schemes. Blanche is constantly switching players, even more so than most from admittedly anecdotal evidence, in and out depending on the package.
If you watch alot of vikings games how often is pat williams on the field?
Excellent point.

Haynesworth is playing well. I don't know what the naysayers are watching. He literally picks offensive lineman up on some plays. He consistently gets into the backfield. He isn't amazing on EVERY play...nobody is.

Have you watched sportscenter in the last 48 hours? I think I've seen him slam Brady into the turf 100 times. The guy is a beast, and we're lucky to have him.

Haynesworth is playing well. I don't know what the naysayers are watching. He literally picks offensive lineman up on some plays. He consistently gets into the backfield. He isn't amazing on EVERY play...nobody is.

Have you watched sportscenter in the last 48 hours? I think I've seen him slam Brady into the turf 100 times. The guy is a beast, and we're lucky to have him.

i agree... and the pats o line is stout... just wait and see what these guys do to lesser teams

It doesn't matter how good our defense is - If our corners keep standing ten yards off the line of scrimmage, the worst offenses will continue to march down the field with short yard passes.

While I have often thought the same thing, I found out talking to a HS coach who is known locally for airing it out there are good reasons to play this way.

First, you make them make the play, playing the percentages. While not giving up the long play.

Second, the defense is setting them up for mutiple blitz and cover packages for later in the game at a crucial time. The kind of coverage pkg.s that will get you out of a tough down with a INT. or timely punt.

I played corner in HS and some in comm. college(limited) but I did start to notice a different soft approach when it came to really good accurate passers. I think it is because if you get caught being aggressive in the wrong situation he will burn you deep.

I think though what you will find this year, when and if Carlos is on the field paired with D. Hall that Blanche is going to take more chances. And this depends on the pressure the line is getter, of course who the Skins are playing too.

I'm just saying, I think Redskins fans will end up being disappointed with Haynesworth. He's very good, but he's not worth what we paid.

I didn't pay him anything.

I never liked the Haynesworth signing and I likely never will. I am sure he will be an impact player, but he's no spring chicken and he does indeed take plays off. For the price of Haynesworth, we could have gotten two Chris Cantys and another decent player.

is it the money or the player you are against? i think it's safe to say we have already seen that the guy can be disruptive... and help free up our other rushers. i mean, he took brady out of the game.... what's not to like right now?

Way to be positive. :thumbsup:

:secret: Chris Canty has been injured most of the preseason and may not even be available at the beginning of the season.

:secret: Chris Canty isn't as good at his position as Haynesworth is at his.

Thank you RVD ..Chris Canty hasn't praticed since August 7th or something because he has a tear in his hammy. SO tell me how mad some of you would be if we had signed him instead of Haynesworth right about now :rotflmao:

The dude is 350. No matter how fit he is he will need some plays off to get his O2 back. Just having him on the field gassed out is better than most at his position fresh off a rotation because of the bodies you have to place on him. Definately not a spring chicken more like a giant pig occupying the trenches. LOL

i agree with this one

I never liked the Haynesworth signing and I likely never will. I am sure he will be an impact player, but he's no spring chicken and he does indeed take plays off. For the price of Haynesworth, we could have gotten two Chris Cantys and another decent player.

But when Haynesworth starts playing the way he did at Tennessee, you will change your tune.

Correct!! The problem is that this board is full of doom and gloom. Who cares about some glorified practice! Lights, camera, hype!!! Haynesworth will be fine, as will the defense. Fans need to chill and drink some Kool Aid.;)

Correct!! The problem is that this board is full of doom and gloom. Who cares about some glorified practice! Lights, camera, hype!!! Haynesworth will be fine, as will the defense. Fans need to chill and drink some Kool Aid.;)

i am so far... and it's the strawberry flavor... my favorite

i think albert only thinks and worries about two thing ...

1. albert

2. being a mean badass with a toxic attitude

to be honest, i don't think he gives a rat's arse about anything else ...he just comes off that way.

and i like it ...

Albert on crushing Brady

"I mean, it wasn't like I was hitting Gisele or something; he's the quarterback. It was good, it was fine,"

Albert is not much of a "rah rah" kind of guy. He does his talking on the field. Wait until the adrenaline starts flooding into his body on opening day.

Big Al wants everyone to see him crushing Eli on Sportscenter.

For him, the road to the Hall of Fame starts with us winning in New York.

Wait until he has his first "Dallas Week".:D

Albert is not much of a "rah rah" kind of guy. He does his talking on the field. Wait until the adrenaline starts flooding into his body on opening day.

Confident words from a Tenn fan. You don't get those very much around here. :D

i can't wait.... it's such a good feeling to see our d line in the opponent's backfield

I'm not sure what you're seeing, because what I saw was 92 being the quickest guy off the ball on every snap and him commanding double and triple teams. I will admit, I didn't see what he did on every single play, but every time I focused on him he was doing exactly what he's paid to do.

I saw the exact same thing.

Last year Tennessee the team Haynesworth was apart of put a 3-17 loss in the 3rd pre-season game, you know the most "important" one. Did you make a thread about how he was feeling then? Why would he complain losing to New England in a pointless game when the starters tied it 17-17 with the best team of the decade?

Archived