Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2010 Free Agents

Rexrode21

Shawne Merriman please. Then place Orakpo back on the D-line.

+1 How sick would the Defense be??

Haynesworth,Carter,Jarmon,Orakpo,Rocky Mc,Fletcher, Chris Wilson, Landry,Hall,Horton,Carlos,and then you add Shawne Merriman:laugh:

Back to reality:( we need to resign Rocky Mc,Carlos Rogers,and Griffin definitely.

I'm netural on JC,Rabach and Golston at this point.

Main thing is keeping is the team we have together and then looking to address other needs. Barring some unfortunate circumstance. I see no real reason to "make a splash" in free agency next year. We have Haynesworth Hall,and Orakpo how does one top that?? We don't need Julius Peppers,it would be nice to have him:laugh:. Outside of signing Drew Brees or Tom Brady ,there really isn't anyone worth" breaking the bank on."

In another fantasy of mine I 'd love to have Josh Cribbs on the team. Overall I'm pretty satisified with the team we've got.

WAAAAYYYYY to early to be looking IMO. Several things will happen. FIRST, the whole uncapped year changes things. Its kind of a draft of sorts. Its hard to explain but it won't be like regular FA.

Secondly, people will get resigned, injured etc. The whole dynamic of the FA from this point until actual FA will be so different.

I don't know that it's WAY to early. Some positions will theoretically be a need just for age reasons, regardless of our record.

I don't know that it's WAY to early. Some positions will theoretically be a need just for age reasons, regardless of our record.

Because the FA listed now won't necessarily be FAs next year because of contract extensions or they may not be worth looking at in a year from now. The whole uncapped year will throw everything off as well.

We know what we need, but to start going through a list of FA now is a bit silly. See how many are available the first day of FA worth signing come next year.

Since when have huge contracts been a deal breaker? :laugh:

Brees, Cutler, and Unitas would disagree..

Cutler wasn't a free agent. Going back to Unitas isn't really the same as how things today work. Outside of Brees (who was a risk coming off his shoulder surgery), it's true- you don't find franchise QBs in free agency.
garcia and kitna are both there.

we'd be 10-6 minimum with either of those guys and this defense.

You act like you know a lot about QB play, yet you're saying Jon Kitna would get us to 10 wins.

No chance the Chargers let him get away. Plus, he'll want a huge contract. It would be nice though.

Oh there is a chance now that Rivers signed such a big deal. It would be dumb salary cap balancing wise to put so much money in both Haynesworth and Merriman.

When is Brady and P.Manning a free agent? They were talking on the LaVar show today about Snyder going after them. I thought they were talking about next off season.

Manning is signed through 2011 & Brady through 2010 but there is no chance that either of them will hit Free Agency (at least not 'till they are over 36). Brady will get an extension before next year. The Pats might be waiting for the uncapped year so as not to eat a salary cap hit but they'll get it done.

If it is uncapped, I'd LOVE to get Lee Evans and Shawn Merriman. Merriman plays OLB in a 3-4, but I think that his experience in coverage will be vital, plus him being a pass rusher alongside with Orakpo being a dedicated OLB would be awesome.

Plus, Lee Evans has always been a good #1, similar to Moss in teh sense that he's small, speedy, and plays hard. Now imagine him being one of several targets here.

But far and away, our biggest need is a dominant OL.

Okay here we go, all of the FA for 2010 if there is a CBA and if there is no CBA. I excluded players over age 30 and TE's

2010 FA by team

Compiled from:

ESPN team pages

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/teams

walterfootball

http://walterfootball.com/freeagentscontracts.php

Arizona: Karlos Dansby age 27 (likely franchise), Deuce Lutui OG, Elton Brown OG, Ben Claxton C, Gabe Watson NT

If no CBA : Karlos Dansby

Atlanta: Jerious Norwood, Harvey Dahl, Ben Wilkerson(OG), Tyson Clabo OT, Quinn Ojinnaka OT,

If no CBA: none

Baltimore: Dawan Landry, Jared Gaither(RFA), Adam Terry OT, Chris Chester C

Buffalo: Terrell Owens, Terrence McGee

If no CBA: Terrell Owens, Terrence McGee

Carolina: Julius Peppers (likely franchise), Thomas Davis OLB

If no CBA: Julius Peppers

Chigago: Dan Buenning OG

Cincinnati: Scott Kooistra OG, Nate Livings RFA OG, Kyle Cook RFA C, Tank Johnson

If no CBA: Scott Kooistra, Tank Johnson

Cleveland: Braylon Edwards, D’Qwell Jackson, Rod Hood, Isaac sowells OT, rex hadnot OG, kurt quarterman RFA OG

If no CBA: Rex Hadnot, Hood

Dallas: DeMarcus Ware, Marcus Spears, pat mcquistan OT, corey procter OG, Montrae Holland OG

If no CBA: Montrae Holland,

Denver: Brandon Marshall, Elvis Dumervill, Kris Kuper G

Detroit: Manuel Ramirez OG, Daniel Loper OG, Dylan Gandy C

Greenbay: Jason Spitz (OG), Tony Moll OG, Daryn Colledge OG Aaron Kampman (age 29), Atari Bigby S, Nic Collins S

If no CBA: Aaron Kampman

Houston: OT Rashad Butler, OG Chester Pitts age 30, Travis Johnson DT, Chaun Thompson LB, DeMeco Ryans, Dunta Robinson

If no CBA:Chester Pitts, Chaun Thompson

Indianapolis: Gary Brackett MLB, Charlie Johnson (OG), Michael Toudouze OT, Antoine Bethea S

If no CBA: Gary Brackett

Jacksonville – Dennis Norman C, Atiyyah Ellison DT

If no CBA: Dennis Norman,

Kansas City: Wade Smith OG, Rudy Niswanger C, Tank Tyler RFA DT, Derrick Johnson, possibly glenn Dorsey by trade

If no CBA: Wade Smith

Miami Dolphins: Chad Pennington, Ronnie Brown, Ricky Williams, Anthony Fasano TE, Matt Roth LB, Nathan Jones CB

If No CBA: Chad Pennington, Ricky Williams, Nathan Jones

New England: Vince Wilfork age 27, Richard Seymour, Nuck Kaczur OT, Ryan O’Calaghan OT, Wesley Britt OT, Leigh Bodden CB

If no CBA: Leigh Bodden CB, Vince Wilfork age 27, Richard Seymour

New Orleans: Jahri Evans(OG) Zach Strief OG, Nick Leckey (C )

If no CBA: Nick Leckey

NYG:Guy Whimper OT, Kevin Boothe OG, Barry Cofield DT, Chase Blackburn LB

NYJ:none

Oakland: Khalif Barnes OT, Paul McQuistan OG, Thomas Howard, Kirk Morrison

Philadelphia: Nic Cole C, Max Jean-Gilles OG, Winston Justice, Ellis Hobbs, Sean Jones

If no CBA: Sean Jones

Pittsburgh: Willie Colon OT, Ryan Clark S

If no CBA: Ryan Clark

San Diego: Marcus McNeil (3 sacks in 14 starts)age 25, Shawn Merriman age 25, Vincent Jackson age 26

San Francisco: David Baas OG

Seattle Rob Sims OG, Chris Spencer (C ), Darryl Tapp

St Louis: Alex Barron, Richie Incognito

Tampa Bay: Donald Penn OT, Jeremy Trueblood OT, Anthony Alabi OT, Barret Ruud ILB

Tennessee: Eugene Amano OG, Tony Brown DT, Keith Bullock, Kyle Vanden Bosch

If no CBA: none Eugene Amano, Keith Bullock, Kyle Vanden Bosch

Washington: Jason Campbell, Mike Sellers, Phillip Daniels, Anthony Montgomery, Kedric Golston, Rocky McIntosh, Carlos Rogers

If no CBA: Mike Sellers, Phillip Daniels

Shawne Merriman please. Then place Orakpo back on the D-line.

Do you realize Merriman was a DE at Maryland and moved over to LB at San Diego? Its the same as moving Orakpo to LB. Give him a chance to learn the position first. Ware was a DE in college as well.

I think Blache knows what he is doing. I will do some research but I do believe Marcus Washington was a DE in college and was drafted late because he would transition to LB in the pros.

• 2 weeks later...

I think I'm a bad person. When the charges against Merriman were announced, my first thought was, "good, his asking price will come down", and not, "how terrible, how could a person do that".

How would you guys feel about signing him in 2010 if there is a cap, and what would you be willing to trade for him if there isn't? I bet he could be had right now for a relatively low asking price.

I think I'm a bad person. When the charges against Merriman were announced, my first thought was, "good, his asking price will come down", and not, "how terrible, how could a person do that".

How would you guys feel about signing him in 2010 if there is a cap, and what would you be willing to trade for him if there isn't? I bet he could be had right now for a relatively low asking price.

I'd rather wait and see what Orakpo brings to the table at SAM/DE first.

On top of that, Merriman so far in his career has had a great rookie year in 2005, served a four game suspension in 2006 for getting caught using steroids, had a good 2007 year, and just this past year stupidly tried to play on a torn up knee and delayed his own surgery and return to the Chargers this past off-season. And now he's choked his girlfriend.

Talented player but a bit of a head case and not worth the hassle when our defense is already pretty good.

You act like you know a lot about QB play, yet you're saying Jon Kitna would get us to 10 wins.

Well, at the very least, Kitna could guarantee the media that he would get us 10 wins. :rolleyes:

It's kind of the same thing... :jerk:

Not really, though. :insane:

I'd rather wait and see what Orakpo brings to the table at SAM/DE first.

On top of that, Merriman so far in his career has had a great rookie year in 2005, served a four game suspension in 2006 for getting caught using steroids, had a good 2007 year, and just this past year stupidly tried to play on a torn up knee and delayed his own surgery and return to the Chargers this past off-season. And now he's choked his girlfriend.

Talented player but a bit of a head case and not worth the hassle when our defense is already pretty good.

Probably too much of a head case. Minus the health questions and steroid questions, I might dive in. Depends on the value.

I still maintain that the D line should be invested in heavily for one more year. It's the one area on a team, where the more you invest, the more production you get from each individual player, not just the unit as a whole. If you add in one more elite pass rusher and DT, how does another team decide where to double or chip?

I am game for looking ahead to the 2010 free agent class.

Though what does that say about our 2009 season when we are looking ahead before our first game this year.

Its going to be bad, Cleveland Browns type bad, I am afraid.

that the fans worry to much and might need to tune out the Redskins a while.

Archived